Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
And we all know how far the catholics have strayed and the damage they have done to the ministry of the Lord. The real thing is one who follows the lord not a church or denomination. My son is in a catholic school and there aint much real christianity goin on. No offense to those believing Catholics. This topic should probably be in the religion forum.

I wasn't trying to get into a My god is better than your God. That's silly.

My point was the person that tried to disparage the Catholic church. It is not necessary. The fact is that ALL Christian religons deerive from the Catholic church. The Catholic church is THE Universal Christian church. Period. Zgack is correct. I don't know why Christians or any other group feel the need to put down someone else's religon. Are you a Baptist? I could talk about the damage you've done in the name of God. An Episcopalian? I could take about you too? Pentacostal? Yep, your group has trangressed too. Name an organized religon and I can find some mess to tarnish the name.

Organized religons are made of man. Man is falable. Anything we touch, we mess up.

And if you are not Catholic, why in the world do you send your son to Catholic school??? To talk about the lack of Christianity there?? A little hypocritical aren't you?? Yeah... real Christ like.

Originally Posted by ZGACK
Christ designated Peter to build His church. That church is the Roman Catholic Church. That does not make Christ 'a catholic' but it does make His Church the Holy Roman Catholic Church. Here endeth the lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 08:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
The real thing is one who follows the lord not a church or denomination.
I agree. As a fundamental Christian, I find it ironic that one of my very few heros was thought of as a Catholic: Joan of Arc

Old 10-12-2009, 08:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
And if you are not Catholic, why in the world do you send your son to Catholic school???
We are not Catholic, but I also sent my son to a Jesuit boarding school. I chose it because of the discipline and academic excellence emphasized at the school, which is not the case in a public school. I would much rather have Catholics teaching my children than atheists and secular humanists.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We are not Catholic, but I also sent my son to a Jesuit boarding school. I chose it because of the discipline and academic excellence emphasized at the school, which is not the case in a public school. I would much rather have Catholics teaching my children than atheists and secular humanists.

PP sends their child to Catholic school, yet comments that there is very little "Christianity" going on there. How hypocritical. Catholics are good enough for me to send my kid to school there.... but I'll criticize and mock the Church and its people. There are many Non-Catholic, religous schools that one could select. Hypocritical.

ETA: I am so tired of religous bigotry and hypocrisy. It's sickening.

Last edited by baybook; 10-12-2009 at 09:52 AM..

Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Benny Hinn preaches bubble gum Christianity as do the rest of the TV evangelists. If you want the real thing you're a Catholic. Period. There are two choices: Catholicism or agnosticism|atheism.
If you want the real thing, read the Bible. Period.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:25 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
I wasn't trying to get into a My god is better than your God. That's silly.

My point was the person that tried to disparage the Catholic church. It is not necessary. The fact is that ALL Christian religons deerive from the Catholic church. The Catholic church is THE Universal Christian church. Period. Zgack is correct. I don't know why Christians or any other group feel the need to put down someone else's religon. Are you a Baptist? I could talk about the damage you've done in the name of God. An Episcopalian? I could take about you too? Pentacostal? Yep, your group has trangressed too. Name an organized religon and I can find some mess to tarnish the name.

Organized religons are made of man. Man is falable. Anything we touch, we mess up.

And if you are not Catholic, why in the world do you send your son to Catholic school??? To talk about the lack of Christianity there?? A little hypocritical aren't you?? Yeah... real Christ like.

Originally Posted by ZGACK
Christ designated Peter to build His church. That church is the Roman Catholic Church. That does not make Christ 'a catholic' but it does make His Church the Holy Roman Catholic Church. Here endeth the lesson.
I am a non denominational Christian, I believe in Jesus Christ, as my savior. My son is in a Catholic school because of the Academics and the football program, period. There is no hypocricy what so ever, It is the best school in our area to meet those needs.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
When I worked with Army HQs, some of our senior civilians were educated in Jesuit colleges and universities, and these were some of the smartest, most capable and likable people and leaders I ever met. One guy especially stood out, I recall him well, graduated many years ago from the University of Scranton, a highly respected Jesuit institution.

Meanwhile, Benny Hinn is a charlatan, a phony, just another Bernie Madoff with a scheme that has no substance, other than self-enrichment out of the pockets of the gullible.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Agreed, I wish the school my son is at was a jesuit school. there is no doubt good believing Catholics.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:31 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
ever see the Steve Martin movie "Leap of Faith"? they are all religous charlatans!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I am a non denominational Christian, I believe in Jesus Christ, as my savior. My son is in a Catholic school because of the Academics and the football program, period. There is no hypocricy what so ever, It is the best school in our area to meet those needs.
Your comments speak for themselves. Ask yourself what Jesus would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies