Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you approve or disapprove of interracial marriage?
I approve of interracial marriage 163 83.59%
I disapprove of interracial marriage 29 14.87%
Not sure 3 1.54%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I've had no complaints!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 07:40 PM

30 posts, read 150,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriedee View Post
God created man in his own image. God created us all equal. We are all members of The Human Race.
Character is what sets us apart, or draws us close together.
Racism is not really as prevalent as racists choose to believe it is. I compare the mental illness (a diseased brain) called racism to an awful pimple that sometimes pops up on my otherwise perfect skin. I mean its really very small, but so gross, so disgusting...so ugly, that it somehow takes away from my beautiful skin. Iused to dwell on it more than i should...prod it...poke it...squeeze it, but the more attention i give to this darn eyesore the larger it appeared. Amazingly though...when ignored it was gone in no time. I know that if we treat this nasty pimple called racism the same way...i mean if we give it the attention it deserves...NONE!!! It too will diminish. seen for what it truly is...insignificant Garbage.
Racists should be treated like Outcasts Of Society.
Good Post..

Old 10-25-2009, 01:14 PM

69 posts, read 63,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I bet those 12 voters all deny they're racist. Probably listen to Limbaugh too.
I'm one of the 23 voters, yet I don't consider myself a racist. There is just too much baggage between the races for such a union to work.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:16 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesj View Post
I'm one of the 23 voters, yet I don't consider myself a racist. There is just too much baggage between the races for such a union to work.
I'd like to see you say that to an interracial couple in person...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
And yet they do. Ultimately a marriage is between A woman and A man. Whether of the same race or different races it will depend on the man and woman involved to make it work. Since I personally know many very long lasting happy marriages between people of different races I can personally assure you that you are wrong.

I don't know if you folks that think it won't work realize that you don't think about race very much if at all after you get to know someone. Just ask people who have long-term friendships or long lasting marriages with people of a race that is different than their own. You'd be surprised how seldom the subject of race even comes up between them.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:38 PM

22,192 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:

Sickening....

Out of curiosity where are you from?

Old 10-25-2009, 03:56 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Marriage isn't supposed to be easy.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM

69 posts, read 63,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Sickening....

Out of curiosity where are you from?

St. Louis. I now reside in Virginia.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:

Hmmm... Lets see, no baggage, and never been a problem or an issue. Marriage is just as stong and loving as day one, so your point is wrong...
NEXT

Old 10-25-2009, 05:48 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,147,097 times
I once read somewhere that science is saying that 200 years or so, there won't be a seperation in races we'll all be as one, AGAIN. And most of the kids from the so called mix marriages are beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies