Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:58 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
You know...so much angst would be non-existent if people would just read the date on the OP.

There have been countless similar threads since Obama was elected the first time -- *none* of it happened. Not U.N. gun control, not a program to indoctrinate our children to worship 'dear leader', not national confiscation of Bibles...none of the fear-this-fear-everything crud the GOP and Fox have promulgated.

As for the original posters, I wonder if they've come out of their 'prepper' cabin in the woods...or are they still certain the U.N. has taken over and everyone they knew is in a FEMA camp?
As for the gun control don't you see how guns became more about hunters than gang members?

A program isn't needed to follow this President, people voted and now few are paying attention to his policies, but like him anyway. Some even give him an A because he's "trying"

Bible confiscation......where did you hear this or is it made up?

I think more are concerned about illegals receiving healthcare and food stamps......no biggie correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:10 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't want to waste 4 min. of my life watching this video (honestly, I just don't get the video thing on this board), but if you look at the thread title, it's a little far-fetched.
Pretty strong opinion for not knowing what it is or if it can be done. Sometimes it's better to remain silent.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:10 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times
You know, I liken the NWO situation to baseball: Clinton was the starter, Bush the reliever, Obama the closer. With a 2 party system, we refuse, out of fear, that both sides of the political spectrum are both in on it. Fear, because that means we really are boxed in a corner. We decry Obama's talk of "fundamentally changing America", hell that decision was made much earlier. I know libs hate this guy, and Republicans (not conservatives) blast him as well, but the biggest end game indicator of when the US was sold out by DC was removing Gingrich as speaker. Love him or hate him, he was the last speaker that would have put up a roadblock to all this crap. The GOP could easily sweep 2014 and 2016 with another "Contract with America" type package, they should have never abandoned the first one. But there is no way the GOP could come up with a package that would impress voters and be palatable to the actual leadership of either party.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:18 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
As for the gun control don't you see how guns became more about hunters than gang members?

A program isn't needed to follow this President, people voted and now few are paying attention to his policies, but like him anyway. Some even give him an A because he's "trying"

Bible confiscation......where did you hear this or is it made up?

I think more are concerned about illegals receiving healthcare and food stamps......no biggie correct?
It was from the second Bush campaign:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/24/po...position=&_r=0

Old 09-02-2014, 07:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
It was from the second Bush campaign:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/24/po...position=&_r=0
I do think this goes with..... President Obama putting out the word that "old people" were going over the cliff if his form of reformed Health Insurance isn't passed.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:31 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,028 times
Quote:
I do think this goes with..... President Obama putting out the word that "old people" were going over the cliff if his form of reformed Health Insurance isn't passed.
I think you should apologize for assuming I made something up...

Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Health Care has changed for the worse for many.......a lot of changes will be seen more in 2014 & 2015. The ME is worse than when President Bush left. ISIS felt comfortable enough to run amuck and gain most of Iraq back.

Yep no changes!
Possibly and it is better for many more, my guess is that since many do not like the current system and we cannot go back to the old failed system is we will have a single payer system such as what they have in the rest of the civilized world within 10 years.

Not really Obama's fault now it is, Bush is the one that set the course and Iraq was doomed to this future because the second we removed the only thing keeping the three sides from each others throats was the monster Saddam they were going to do it. ISIS never had any of Iraq, they may have some Sunnis from Iraq helping them they are not specifically an Iraqi based organization. The only ones I give a hoot about among them are the Kurds, they are the only ones to show they are truly allies of ours and the only ones with the backbone to fight for their freedom, give them northern Iraq as their to keep, after all it was they that freed it during the war with Saddam, not us, and it is they that are doing much of the fighting against ISIS today.
News Flash: the Middle-East is a dangerous place, has been for several thousand years, consider yourself now caught up on Middle-Easter history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies