Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM

136 posts, read 379,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You can read all the words he said plus more at this link. Click the link and then click on the first title looking thing. Now the dirty words global warming are in that title but that won't dirty anything. This comes from the Glenn Beck radio show, not his TV show so Fox is not involved.

Glenn Beck - Glenn Beck: Global warming, global government?
oh its from glenn's radio show, oh thats different he distorts the truth on fox tv but not on radio, good distinction thanks for clearing that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 11:19 PM

136 posts, read 379,022 times
well its past my bedtime see you in the death camps everyone.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
No, this is a case of pointing out invalid arguments from the outliers and more instances of wishing simply to throw sand in the machinery for reasons of personal and political gain. Monckton has no scientific training or insight of any kind. His school training was in journalism, and his career in that field has been at British tabloids and other right-wing outlets. His treatises on climate change have been thoroughly debunked and properly ridiculed by actually qualified people as partisan poppycock designed merely to mislead the unsophisticated. It is one of the right's enduring tactics to throw out as many pointless and groundless diversions as they can, hoping to force the opposition to waste time and resources disproving each and every one of them. Should they refuse on grounds of readily apparent perfidiousness to do so, one simply accuses them of hastily dismissing contradictory evidence and not really being intetrested in learning the truth. It's all a canard, and it's as old as the hills. Sadly, it still works on some.

Great job of attacking the messenger with no mention of the message other than what you said about global warming. Has Monckton been proven wrong as much as Algore was by him to get Algore's movie out of British schools? Too many lies in Algore's movie for those people.

Somehow I think that the most common word in the attack the messenger MO of the left is debunked. Sometimes it is done for lefties for lefties.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,633 times
We seem to have penty of oil in the U.S.

USGS Release 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed

Old 10-19-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Exactly. In an internet age, people have become prone to believing that intelligence is as widely distributed as keyboards. 'Taint so. "Who is saying this?" remains a very important question...
Can you suggest to me what new rules we may see instigated by the FCC on Thursday concerning the internet? Will it be what it is today or will there be a whole new set of rules concerning what can be posted on it?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
I just went thru some of this U.N. Treaty
You pretty much need an army of lawyers to really understand it. This is what I got out of it so far.

Pg. 39 67-140 Billion needed yearly til 2020 to support it.

Pg. 69 45% reduction of emission by 2020 and 95% by 2050. Levels have
to be what they were in 1990 or before.

Pg.101 Any new technology discovered on saving the climate, has to be shared worldwide.

Pg. 106-about 127 Save the forests and any country that can't cut anymore-others are to provide wood.(I believe thats my understanding)

Pg. 138(28) Wind,solar PV,concentrated solar power,geothermal power, hydropower purchased in next 20 years.

Thats what I got out it so far.
These articles tell me "He's thinking about signing it.

energy bill for all federal buildings etc

US, UK Move Toward Per-Mile Driving Tax

GovTrack H.R tax road use
Oba mao was talking like he would sign that thing long ago before the election. However, he threw out so much Hopenchange talk that people failed to see what he intended to do at this meeting.

Hey, thanks for all the good links.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
what planet are you from?
Finn and I have had this little secret, for CD, thing going for over a year so you just don't understand but he will.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
Yep, we do. However, as long as warmers are in control of our government we won't be needing all that oil. They never did figure out how we could use our own while we perfect other sources so they just shut our sources down as far as new ones are concerned.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
oh its from glenn's radio show, oh thats different he distorts the truth on fox tv but not on radio, good distinction thanks for clearing that up.
I see that you are a lefty. You do a great job of attacking the messenger like a lefty. Hey, I am one of the best of Beck supporters on either radio or TV. Don't think that I meant that the way you took it. I said it like that so the poster I aimed it at could see what the score was.

You lefties trying all the time to change the subject and attack the messenger don't really humor me at all.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:44 PM

683 posts, read 825,309 times
How to stop the NWO....

How To Stop The New World Order on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/5412802 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies