Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:27 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
It's been a while since I read the good ole Constitution, but I believe you are spot on. This may be a non issue simply based on the fact that no action can override our Constitution. I thought I remembered that being the case, but I'll have to go look. Thanks for the reminder Finn.
THe problem is the courts will have to uphold the Constitution and declare it or portions of it unconstitutional. And the courts can't be relied on to do so. Like the Kelo case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 09:05 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
THe problem is the courts will have to uphold the Constitution and declare it or portions of it unconstitutional. And the courts can't be relied on to do so. Like the Kelo case.
Kelo upheld a century's worth of legal precedent. It was the property rights maniacs who were urging the justices to junk the Constitution and legislate from the bench...

Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,633 times
I just went thru some of this U.N. Treaty
You pretty much need an army of lawyers to really understand it. This is what I got out of it so far.

Pg. 39 67-140 Billion needed yearly til 2020 to support it.

Pg. 69 45% reduction of emission by 2020 and 95% by 2050. Levels have
to be what they were in 1990 or before.

Pg.101 Any new technology discovered on saving the climate, has to be shared worldwide.

Pg. 106-about 127 Save the forests and any country that can't cut anymore-others are to provide wood.(I believe thats my understanding)

Pg. 138(28) Wind,solar PV,concentrated solar power,geothermal power, hydropower purchased in next 20 years.

Thats what I got out it so far.
These articles tell me "He's thinking about signing it.

energy bill for all federal buildings etc

US, UK Move Toward Per-Mile Driving Tax

GovTrack H.R tax road use

Old 10-19-2009, 09:23 PM

436 posts, read 908,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Oh the drama. I enjoy it though. Thanks.

Oh but of course! Did you expect anything different? They are extreme conservatives posting who hate Obama and exaggerate EVERYTHING he does by 100000 percent.
We hate Obama because he is destroying this economy to the point we will never pay the debt off and have you noticed the dollar is becoming worthless? This idiot loves Communism, and what is with taking control over every industry possible?
I could tell you some songs on Obama's i pod, songs like Take the money and run, eat the rich, all at once, liven on a prayer, would be in it. The America I believe in is where you work hard invest wisely and reap the fruits of you're labor, but idiot Obama says no you have to give it to the poor because we have to be fair to the people that didn't work as hard or were as smart as you.Obama is so anti American it isn't funny. I can't believe so many sheeple were fooled by this con artist that is doing more damage to this country than ever thought possible.

Last edited by FLIGHTSIMMER; 10-19-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Default What is Planned for us at the Copenhagen meeting?

I think that many of us may well be very surprised at what is planned and who is involved in the planning.

I have a video of Lord Christopher Monckton who was the head man for science in the recent government of the UK. He says we are really in bad shape and there is another thread here that points to the very things he says. Here is the video so everybody can get a chance to see what I am worried about. Some won't read the interview part for two reasons. One it is Glenn Beck interviewing Monckton on radio and the other it is very long. Just read the long looking parts to get the words of Monckton.

YouTube - Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...icle/196/32085

Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Uh, we lost our sovereignty when we formed a private monopoly of our currency for the Rothschilds, Morgans, and Loebs. (The "Federal" Reserve) Everything since then has simply been smoke and mirrors, or rather servitude and oppression.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:23 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
We hate Obama because he is destroying this economy to the point we will never pay the debt off and have you noticed the dollar is becoming worthless? This idiot loves Communism, and what is with taking control over every industry possible?
I could tell you some songs on Obama's i pod, songs like Take the money and run, eat the rich, all at once, liven on a prayer, would be in it. The America I believe in is where you work hard invest wisely and reap the fruits of you're labor, but idiot Obama says no you have to give it to the poor because we have to be fair to the people that didn't work as hard or were as smart as you.Obama is so anti American it isn't funny. I can't believe so many sheeple were fooled by this con artist that is doing more damage to this country than ever thought possible.
How ornate.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Learn something about the Constitution, and not from that blowhard. Treaties must be approved by 2/3 of the Senate. I'll even do the math for you -- that would take 67 votes.
Did you watch the video? Lord Monckton tells in it that in those sections about government and enforcement you find the word government but no mention of elections, voting and things that are so important to us. After everybody signs it, and Oba mao will certainly do that as Nobel Laureate along with all those third world nations that expect us to pay them handsomely for out part in the fouling of the world's air. I don't know that our Constitution will be considered in effect once this thing is signed. Wouldn't that possibly take out the Senate from the treaty making power in the eyes of all those other countries who intend to take us for all they can?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
It means Obama can't sign anything over to anyone.

It means we once again have an incorrect thread title aimed at rousing the rabble against Obama.
You have to start watching the OP videos so you can talk more intelligently about the subject. You didn't even see the title of the video, did you?

Old 10-19-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't want to waste 4 min. of my life watching this video (honestly, I just don't get the video thing on this board), but if you look at the thread title, it's a little far-fetched.
Kat, the man speaking on that video is Lord Monckton who was not too long ago the head science man from the UK and he fears that this thing can be jabbed through. He has read the treaty and he is about as scared of it as I am. I really wish you would watch that thing since you won't read his words in the link I will now provide, since it comes from the Glenn Beck radio show. The transcript of an interview with Monckton with the Lord doing most of the talking.

Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Global warming, global government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies