Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
You make the mistaken assumption that someone would wish to take control of a basketcase nation like the USA.
And you make the mistake of thinking like that. I guess you have failed from the beginning to see that we were to pay heavy fines for all the CO2 we put in the air. That money goes largely to third world nations and they know we may be in trouble now but we still have more than any of them do. Yep, I think this may be more serious than you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It's a duplicate thread, and Lord Mockton is an outright buffoon who has probably been humiliated enough already as the result of going public with his idiotic anti-global warming screeds of non-facts. Leave it to the lemmings though to troupe along, trying to make a "treaty" out of a draft negotiating paper from an informal meeting of an ad hoc working group. None of which goes to the lies and misrepresentations about what the words in that document would actually mean. Chicken Little rides again...
Lord Monckton is the "fool" who got the showing of Algore's movie stopped in British schools because they found about 20 outlandishly untrue things in it. Talk about embarrassment from being wrong, Algore won't even discuss this crap in public. He has made his and all he wants now if Crap and Tax so he can make some more.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What sovereignty has the US ever had over the national economic policies of France or Brazil?
ANSWER: None.

What's revolutionary here is recognition that the crisis is global in nature, and that the globe will do better in dealing with it on a coordinated basis than through some hodge-podge gaggle of programs that focus on individual domestic priorities alone.

Some people however have painted themselves into political corners and would as the result rather see the world economy suffer than see their own silly misunderstandings cast into the light of day and corrected.
China and India don't have to pay fines for all their CO2 although China has become the number one polluter. The US will be paying through the nose if this thing is signed into effect by our President and we don't find a way out of it. Is it us that has done that painting and are China and India the ones who take advantage of us?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:03 PM

136 posts, read 379,022 times
Default hello, america sold overseas already

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
So what does that mean? It means nothing because it still can and most likely will happen.
you're a day late and a dollar short, we are a "service industry country now" because we already sold our hard assets like factories and equipment overseas and the politicians told them how to do it. when you go into a convienence store the man or lady behind the counter is a sales engineer. when you see a tool maker or a machinist thats called an endangered species. climate control is when you can no longer afford to pay the heating bill in winter.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, will all this happen before, or after Obama's private army has taken us us to the concentration / re-education camps? I mean who cares about this if we're going working to be at the camps anyway? And the elderly do not need to care either because Obama is going to kill them anyway.

Just another conspiracy theory to add on top of all the others.....
I refuse to go to any of Oba mao's re-education camps. I refuse to allow him to kill me unless he sends someone to do it and I intend to take some left leaning a**es with me. Conspiracy, hell.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Frankly, if you don't even watch the video that the thread is based on, there is really no point in commenting other than to try and cause trouble. It's sort of like trying to take a test you never studied for. You fail. But please understand, I am not towing this along like it's pure truth. But it is worth checking out. If Bush's name were to appear next to the list of possible signers, you would want to check into it, no matter how far fetched it sounded. And so would I, because I did not trust G.W. And, I do not trust Obama. But the left seem to trust him completely, and I think that is where the real problems lie. We have a president that has duped half the country into thinking they can completely trust him. That he would never do anything to jeopardize your freedom. But since the day I was born, presidents have been doing just that.

And that is why watching the video and maybe doing a little research at the library or on the web is a good thing. Not because you want to "get Obama", but because you want to protect your freedom and the freedom of your fellow citizens. If this info. proves to be nothing more than a fart in the wind, then you could simply say "I told you so" But as it stands now, it doesn't appear you plan to put any effort into investigating this matter, so it is really hard to take anything you say on the matter seriously. Quick wit is a wonderful talent, but it will only get you so far. Solid research and an open mind are essential to handling any political matters in this day and age. Please, look into this a little more before raising your Obama banner. Because in the end, it's not about him, it's about us.
Great post and later I tried to point out to Kat that just attacking the messenger without knowing the message is purely left handed dealing with things.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 PM

free trade, that was going to be the answer to the world's problems too. now we are the world's biggest debtor and the chinese are holding the mortgage. we'd collapse tomorrow without oil from saudi arabia and our auto companies are making cars in foreign countries where they pay people 8 dollars a day. tell me how its going to get worse again?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is a problem when a news network comes up with dozens of horror stories to scare the population. Yes, I suppose some of the stories have theoretical chance of becoming reality, but the chances are very low. Do you really believe Obama will start locking people up in concentration camps? Do you really believe he is a Muslim extremist? Do you really believe he will brainwash out children? I don't believe them although there is a theoretical possibility of anything happening, but a news network should NOT spread stories like that unless they can prove there is a good possibility of them coming true.
Go ahead and discuss the thread title instead of doing your all the time attack on Fox. I didn't see Fox even mentioned until you came along.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I refuse to go to any of Oba mao's re-education camps. I refuse to allow him to kill me unless he sends someone to do it and I intend to take some left leaning a**es with me. Conspiracy, hell.
what planet are you from?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I watched about a minute, maybe a minute and a half of the thing before the guy's voice started to put me to sleep - and what he was saying was not enough to counter that! If the guy really had any proof of the things he was claiming, he should have presented it in the first few seconds of the video - he didn't and I simply couldn't listen any further to find out if he had any proof. No proof means I'm simply not going to believe it.

And I understand what Katiana was saying about this forum's apparent 'love' for videos - as if just because it's in a video it has to be true.
You can read all the words he said plus more at this link. Click the link and then click on the first title looking thing. Now the dirty words global warming are in that title but that won't dirty anything. This comes from the Glenn Beck radio show, not his TV show so Fox is not involved.

Glenn Beck - Glenn Beck: Global warming, global government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies