Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,590,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Can you explain why his position has been one of trying to pin the blame for 7 years of inaction on President Obama?

I cant.

The same line of "reasoning" that the loonies use to try to say that 9/11 was Clinton's fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:30 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,737,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
People would have thought that Authorities would have detained or arrested members of the Bin Laden family for questioning about his where-abouts. Another ball dropped by the previous administration.

Bin Laden Family Evacuated - CBS News

Bin Laden Family 'Evacuated' From US | Home | Sky News

Bin Ladens allowed out of U.S. after 9-11
I agree that the previous administration totally screwed up the situation in the Middle East and I was opposed to the Iraq war from the get-go. But I wasn't opposed to it because Bush pushed for it--I was opposed to it because it foolish and unnecessary. Now, I'm not going to support the war in Afghanistan just because Obama thinks we should send more troops there. Based on my understanding of the history and geography of the area, it's not a winnable war. Also, from what I understand, most of Al-Queda has left and gone to Pakistan. There's no reason to be there and there's no reason for a single American soldier to lose his or her life over there.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:34 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,359,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Because, you are wrong. But, I note you are stubborn in your opinion and thoughts, which are wrong headed. Where did you receive your brainwashing? so we can all stay away from it.
You keep harping, soldiers die. I already told you soldiers will die during the decision making process. and yet, you don't understand that.
Obama dithers? I think it's more like some people in this forum that dither, don't you?
Our dithering does not have mortal consequences. Obama's does.

He wanted the job. Time he started performing.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,359,784 times
I would like to take this opportunity to emphasize -- in an attempt to pre-empt, so to speak, the anticipated onslaught of lemming-liberal rage -- that I:

1. am not a fan of Dick Cheney

2. did not inspire or contribute to Mr. Cheney's remarks of last night

3. have more hair than Mr. Cheney

4. unlike Mr. Cheney, am a combat veteran of the Vietnam war

Cheney: Stop ‘dithering’ on Afghanistan - White House- msnbc.com

Old 10-22-2009, 04:32 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,807,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
In a time warp are ya? Ten months is now the equivalent of eight years? After eight years with the only progress being the establishment of a corrupt, election stealing government it makes sense to consider all options before proceeding.

The twice fooled were those who elected George "I don't believe in using the military for nation building" Bush twice, well actually more like once and a half
To a rightist in their warp time frame, 1 week of a centrist like Obama equals 5 yrs of far -right rule, 10 if Pres. is mixed race or black.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:33 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,062,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Afghan election "buys Obama time."

Time, I remind you, paid for in American blood while this administration, which doesn't know whether to crap or go blind, closes its eyes and farts.

Runoff deal could buy Obama more time - Afghanistan- msnbc.com

Get out now, Mr. President. Your JFK impression is rapidly turning into LBJ.

Hey hey Barack O
Afghanistan? It's time to go
Thanks for being so supportive of the Bush policies.
United we stand.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:19 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,933,198 times
this thread should be brought up every single day until obama makes a decision on afghanistan. after all, it was obama, not bush, who chose to escalate the action in afghanistan.

he needs to either provide the soldiers with additional support for their safety or call it a win and get the heck out! (still voting for calling it a win and getting the heck out....)

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,776,301 times
Come on people cut Obama some slack. He can't fight 2 wars at once, he needs to finish up his war with FOX. Although that is looking more like Viet Nam.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:54 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,084,275 times
No, the strategy is to hold and keep a presence in the Afghanistan community so that locals know that we will not go away and vanish. By having a continual presence we can implement long-lasting humanitarian projects.

There was a time when the U.S. gave blankets to Afghans. When they went away, the Taliban came and ordered those Afghans to burn all of the blankets.

The Taliban want to say "We will be around while the U.S. will begone," and your post wants to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. No.

The Taliban in Afghanistan do a terrible job of governing their territories. Many locals would prefer to have other politicians... that is if they were not so corrupt.

While the US has to rely on the Karzai administration, it can influence that administration to punish warlords who become too venal or too greedy. No more of this kidnapping young children or cutting down orchard trees.

You said: "To protect the troops we already have there? " - No, to make sure the troops do not become overstressed, In Iraq the U.S. learned that having more troops actually makes things more peaceful since there is not as much pressure on any one individual soldier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
1.To do what? Kill the Taliban? Like there's a finite number and no recruitment?

2. To build a stable government in Afghanistan? Composed of whom?

3. To protect the troops we already have there? Why not protect them all, and bring them home?

4. Or to provide cover for a President who hasn't a clue...

So far, no one has seriously questioned number 4. But plenty of posters hate me for raising the point...

Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies