Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times

Advertisements

this thread proves how idiotic some people on City Data are and how clueless they are on how HIV is spread. HIV is spread through blood to blood contact ( IV drug use or blood transfusions with tainted blood) or transmission of bodily fluids ( semen & vaginal fluids). I seriously doubt letting in a few thousand foreign HIV infected tourists is going to put us in grave danger of a new epidemic!
We currently have 1.1 million plus people infected with HIV/ Aids in the US. I guess some of you would probably want them quarantined too!
More people will die in the US from the flu in the US this year than AIDS! Sorry but I'm more afraid of getting the Swine flu from your snotty nosed kids and dying from it than getting HIV from a foreign tourist!
Get real people because this is a typical slam Obama on everything he does thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 12:14 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,209,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Lol so true.

Other countries dont allow people in without a skill and if they fart the wrong way they never getting in!......The U.S. we allow every sh*t from every sh*t country in with no questions asked....U.S....Land of the fools!
you must be american indian then? if not, there was a point where your sh*t ancestors, without skills, from sh*t countries came in with no questions asked. some people say that it was those sh*t people from sh*t countries who made america great.

i would argue that it was freedom which made this country great. that is freedom paired with the understanding that state was not your nanny! you lived, prospered and died based on your decisions. now you want the state to make sure that everyone who enters has a clean bill of health to protect you from harm? are you not adult enough to abstain or use protection and understand the consequences of your actions? do you not see that when you encourage the state to do this, you make an incredible argument for them to protect you from guns, free speech, assembling etc

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM

41 posts, read 106,600 times
Everyone says wear a condom you'll be fine, um ok, well not everyone does that. All these illegals, have a high chance of spreading HIV, because some of them are prostituites. How else do they make money?
Nobody has answered what Obama has kept his promise on. Once again, too liberal, too dangerous.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
^ yes because I guess only illegal prostitutes carry HIV! amongst other STDs as well! CD keeps getting dumber & dumber day by day.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:08 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,209,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike8290 View Post
Everyone says wear a condom you'll be fine, um ok, well not everyone does that.

but you do that so what are you worried about? let me guess, it's those other people you are worried about?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:10 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Lol so true.

Other countries dont allow people in without a skill and if they fart the wrong way they never getting in!......The U.S. we allow every sh*t from every sh*t country in with no questions asked....U.S....Land of the fools!
You obviously know absolutely nothing about US visa and immigration laws.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,418,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
this thread proves how idiotic some people on City Data are and how clueless they are on how HIV is spread. HIV is spread through blood to blood contact ( IV drug use or blood transfusions with tainted blood) or transmission of bodily fluids ( semen & vaginal fluids). I seriously doubt letting in a few thousand foreign HIV infected tourists is going to put us in grave danger of a new epidemic!
We currently have 1.1 million plus people infected with HIV/ Aids in the US. I guess some of you would probably want them quarantined too!
More people will die in the US from the flu in the US this year than AIDS! Sorry but I'm more afraid of getting the Swine flu from your snotty nosed kids and dying from it than getting HIV from a foreign tourist!
Get real people because this is a typical slam Obama on everything he does thread!
You are naive if you think this will not lead to the spread of HIV.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You are naive if you think this will not lead to the spread of HIV.
There are one million people that are HIV Positive in the US. For the most part the spread of disease via contaminated blood products is minimal to none with the controls and measures we have in place. People still do not practice safe sex, and that does not take into account all the other STD's. How exactly do you think paricular issue this will lead to the spread of the disease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies