Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Well, yeah. Except for reversing the Global Gag Rule, unsealing Uncle Ronnie's and Poppy's Presidential papers, banning torture, imposing ethics requirements, closing Guantanamo, not vetoing Ledbetter or S-CHIP, pulling out of Iraq to fight in Afghanistan, clamping down on abuse by credit card issuers, regulation of CO2, FDA regulation of tobacco, actually talking to foreign allies and enemies, fixing instead of creating major domestic and international financial crises, brokering support for the IMF, expanding and reinforcing hate crimes legislation, and going weeks at a time without visiting Crawford, Texas. Other than those few things and perhaps a couple of others, it's just been more of the same old same old. Living in the White House...flying around in Air Force One...all this sameness has been just sort of eerie...
STOP, we're out of Iraq?
Credit card abuse has been clamped down upon? Obviously you missed all of them threads about Credit card rates skyrocketing BECAUSE of the regulation AND NEW FEES..
Unsealing papers which happen routinely, you want him to have credit for that?
banning torture? I thought it was banned? he banned waterboarding,they arent the same
Not vetoeing SCHIP, you mean the one that Bush signed?
regulation of CO2? yeah, you think thats positive..
Talking to foreign allies and enemies? As if Bush didnt.
Fixing domestic financial crisis? Mind telling me what ones are fixed? Foreign OR domestic?
Guantanamo is closed?
What ethics requirements have improved? I thought we had HUGE ethics issues in Washington, now your telling me they are cured..
Not visiting Texas, noo.. no need, he's been too busy golfing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Well, yeah. Except for reversing the Global Gag Rule, unsealing Uncle Ronnie's and Poppy's Presidential papers, banning torture, imposing ethics requirements, closing Guantanamo, not vetoing Ledbetter or S-CHIP, pulling out of Iraq to fight in Afghanistan, clamping down on abuse by credit card issuers, regulation of CO2, FDA regulation of tobacco, actually talking to foreign allies and enemies, fixing instead of creating major domestic and international financial crises, brokering support for the IMF, expanding and reinforcing hate crimes legislation, and going weeks at a time without visiting Crawford, Texas. Other than those few things and perhaps a couple of others, it's just been more of the same old same old. Living in the White House...flying around in Air Force One...all this sameness has been just sort of eerie...
The only thing on that list that has one bit of effect on the lives of regular Americans is the S-CHIP thing. OK I will give him that one. The rest of that stuff, I could care less about. And he has not pulled anybody out of Iraq. There were 140,000 troops the day he took office and there are 137,000 today.
Look, I supported the man. I gave hours of my time and money to the effort to get him elected. I want him to do well. I pray he will do well. But so far it has been an almost total disappointment.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 PM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Obama has done more positive things for this country than Bush did in 8. Bush ran us into war, alienated us from the world and caused the greatest recession since the great depression. Please...and you haters want to talk trash about Obama. Please...spare me.
Like what?

Old 11-07-2009, 03:13 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,473 times
Worst president ever, even worst than damn Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 03:22 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Wow, this is just like being over at the filling station and listening to Gomer and Goober carrying on...

That is the Democrats for you

Old 11-07-2009, 03:27 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Well there is a compelling argument.

Followed by a compelling retort

Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The only thing on that list that has one bit of effect on the lives of regular Americans is the S-CHIP thing. OK I will give him that one. The rest of that stuff, I could care less about.
That's a lot not to care about.

Quote:
And he has not pulled anybody out of Iraq. There were 140,000 troops the day he took office and there are 137,000 today.
Not sure what sources you are using. There were 150,000 troops in Iraq as of the end of CY2008, though 4,000 were then out-processing and may have been gone by Inauguration Day. There were 124,000 troops remaining in Iraq as of the end of FY2009, with another 4,000 then scheduled to have been gone by now. Whether their withdrawal has been technically completed, I don't know, but the practical current number is 120,000, still on target to reach 65,000 by next August.

Quote:
Look, I supported the man. I gave hours of my time and money to the effort to get him elected. I want him to do well. I pray he will do well. But so far it has been an almost total disappointment.
I think you have to grant that the scope and schedule of the agenda set out leading up to and during the primary season and even on into the weeks after the convention have had to be seriously squished and morphed in order to accommodate the screaming priorities of an emerging national and international economic calamity. Obama et al have earned high marks there from everybody but the usual Tea Party types, and the worst of what was in that has been so far avoided, but having had to put that in the middle of his plate, there has been less room than had been anticipated for side dishes. I don't know which ones you had been hoping for in particular, but he's picked off a bunch of specific objectives, all of which did mean something to somebody, and with such major issues as health care and energy as far along as they are as well, I think high marks under the circumstances are pretty clearly called for.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Worst president ever, even worst than damn Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
About half our Presidents have been worse than Carter, but Obama isn't shaping up to become one of them...

Old 11-07-2009, 04:05 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,473 times
Quote:
About half our Presidents have been worse than Carter, but Obama isn't shaping up to become one of them...
Yea, he is shaping up to be Reagenisk for sure!

Old 11-07-2009, 04:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom bates View Post
He let me and my parter down, we put him in office, he has dissed us and reminds of a taller Don Knotts, the change we need is not Obama but someone with some guts!
Yes the only thing he will have accomplished is that great BEER SUMMIT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies