Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
On average, the 1980s Democrat-controlled Congress outspent Reagan by 2.8% and a cumulative 24.5% over 8 years. Every balanced-budget Reagan proposed was declared DOA by Tip O'Neil.
Aaah, so it is the Dems who pushed for stronger military and brought down the Berlin wall. Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Aaah, so it is the Dems who pushed for stronger military and brought down the Berlin wall. Thanks for clearing that up.
I gotta say I'm interested to see all the "balanced budgets" that Reagan proposed....

Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You can lie, cheat, ignore, or just pretend but the facts are very clear..
Yes, the facts are clear and they say that Dems cut taxes, and Republicans, who always pretend to favor tax-cuts do nothing but insist that the cuts failed, and at the same breath ask for more cuts. Why are they asking for more right after they claim they failed?

Quote:
Because they didnt do what we were told they would do, and we said that all along.
You and your fellow partisan Republicans need to make up your minds. Do you favor tax-cuts or not?

Quote:
Follow the quotes and look down one. I'm not your babysitter and I'm getting tired of doing your homework for you..
The corporate tax rate has not changed since 1993. Bush left us with the second highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world. Some conservative, and I'll bet you voted for him twice.

Quote:
Ahh, unemployment in 2008 was 5.5%.. and you think thats skyrocketing.. PLEASE learn data if you are going to lie about facts
Yes, if his cuts were so successful, then why did the unemployment start rising soon after???? Why was the rate over 7% when he left office, and everyone agreed the trend would continue. It's ridiculous to say Bush cuts prevented unemployment, data clearly shows that it didn't/ And Obama cut taxes too, and the unemployment is still rising.

It's you who needs to lern data. You obviously don't have a clue what happened in 2007 and even last year.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
I gotta say I'm interested to see all the "balanced budgets" that Reagan proposed....
While you're at it why don't you look up all the massive spending bills he authorized.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
While you're at it why don't you look up all the massive spending bills he authorized.
Dont' need to... I remember them quite vividly. It's the "balanced budgets" he proposed that seem a little fuzzy in my recollection of the Reagan years....

Old 11-06-2009, 02:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Face it, every administration (both Dem and Repub) has screwed around with the budget to make themselves look good. Proposals are moot. Robbing one government pot to sweeten another is also moot as all you did was juggle "numbers on paper".

Our government leaders have not been held accountable for the money they've spent.
Our government leaders have not been held accountable for the lack of accountability for the money they've spent.
Our government leaders think they can just spend and spend and spend some more rather then take the hard approach and fix the corruption and unaccountability of lost billions.

Our government thrives on the "blank check" concept of rule. That has got to stop.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:06 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,055,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Face it, every administration (both Dem and Repub) has screwed around with the budget to make themselves look good. Proposals are moot. Robbing one government pot to sweeten another is also moot as all you did was juggle "numbers on paper".

Our government leaders have not been held accountable for the money they've spent.
Our government leaders have not been held accountable for the lack of accountability for the money they've spent.
Our government leaders think they can just spend and spend and spend some more rather then take the hard approach and fix the corruption and unaccountability of lost billions.

Our government thrives on the "blank check" concept of rule. That has got to stop.
I am unable to rep you but this says a mouthful. Accountability is not a word in the vocabulary of any politician. Except in campaign mode.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,633,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
In our area it was already over 12% (FL)

Not incl. are people who are out of getting benefits and still have no job and people who just started to look for a job due to not being able to live of their retirement money....and people who half lost wages due to cuts of their working hours....
Delighted to hear that.

My shares have gained 50% since February.

My brother in law was in Florida last week - said that Fl was a basketcase.
He's going to buy some property there.
He tried to interest me - I told him that I liquidated all my American based investments years ago.

Even if they're giving property away over there, I have zero interest.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I am unable to rep you but this says a mouthful. Accountability is not a word in the vocabulary of any politician. Except in campaign mode.
One day the "partisan until I die" folks will wake up and see that it's not Dems vs Repubs. To keep us divided is in the government's best interest.
And this Democratic administration is using that as their headline for everything..."The Republicans this and the Republicans that".

I'm starting to think that Pelosi can't say one sentence that doesn't have "Republicans" in it. How's about she worry about ALL taxpayers for once and say "We in Congress can't get our act together and work as a team."

Old 11-06-2009, 03:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Delighted to hear that.

My shares have gained 50% since February.

My brother in law was in Florida last week - said that Fl was a basketcase.
He's going to buy some property there.
He tried to interest me - I told him that I liquidated all my American based investments years ago.

Even if they're giving property away over there, I have zero interest.
Good! The best thing is for foreigners to stop trying to buy up our country. Maybe we'll get so bad, that they'll also stop seeing us as consumers of their crappily made products and we can get back to basics and start building ourselves back up and buy domestic made again. To hell with globalism, let the globalists stop trying to get rich off our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies