Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 05:32 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
It has nothing to do with the Boehner's SNAFU....but it's humorous nonetheless. Anyway, the whole tea party movement is based on the Constitution. You would think one of the speakers at their protest would know what the difference between the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
This tea party movement has zero to do with the constitution.
Its purely anti-obama.

Their pretense is false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Now they are going to say thats Roberts fault not Obamas. Obama isnt ever wrong

All presidents before Obama has had errors and been wrong
But apparently, John Roberts can't even read.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Long as he doesnt say he thinks the constitution should be changed and that its flawed like one politican I know if. I'm fine

People are human and make mistakes
Quote:
I would think your leader that happens to be president would know there isnt 57 states.
Yes, they do.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Last May, Obama claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Video: Obama: 10,000 dead from tornado in Kansas, give or take 9,988 << Has video of him doing it

We can go on about politicans getting something wrong shall we?
Except when you compare apples to oranges. Your attempts at equivalency fall short, as does Boehner's understanding of the basic framework of the United States federal government as drafted by the Founding Fathers. He surely is not the only one though

Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Well, how about Biden, during the debate, saying that the executive branch is defined in Article I of the Constitution. It's actually Article II. Is that apples to apples enough?

If Boehner's gaffe reflects poorly on Republicans, which one poster said, then I guess Biden's does the same for Dems.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Well, how about Biden, during the debate, saying that the executive branch is defined in Article I of the Constitution. It's actually Article II. Is that apples to apples enough?

If Boehner's gaffe reflects poorly on Republicans, which one poster said, then I guess Biden's does the same for Dems.
I don't like using this word because it reminds me of High School but type it.

"DUH"

Both parties have gaffes which make them look dumb. All the more reason this thread is silly

Old 11-06-2009, 10:45 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This is kind of funny.....sort of like when Obama talked about the "57" states.
I think this was infinitely funnier.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:53 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
This tea party movement has zero to do with the constitution.
Its purely anti-obama.

Their pretense is false.

Bush was the inspiration for the Tea parties . So your wrong . Him and Paulison who started the stimulous theft .

Race card is getting less effective, so you'llhave to learn to use something new now .

Color of this lieral maniacs skin had nothing to do with his charactor . We have whits just like him ,Pelosi, Reid, Franks ,Boxer, Bush , Clinton ,MCCain, Palin, and many others .

Old 11-06-2009, 11:18 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Bush was the inspiration for the Tea parties . So your wrong . Him and Paulison who started the stimulous theft .
If this tea party movement was inspired by bush why did it wait till he was out of office to start bitching? And Bush/Paulson had ZERO to do with the stimulus. Basic facts should come before attempts at a discussion.

I assume since your facts are off, you probably haven't seen any of the signs being carried around at these tea parties. They aren't dominated by anti-bush propaganda.

Quote:
Race card is getting less effective, so you'llhave to learn to use something new now .
Between the two of us, there is only one who has brought up race.

Quote:
Color of this lieral maniacs skin had nothing to do with his charactor . We have whits just like him ,Pelosi, Reid, Franks ,Boxer, Bush , Clinton ,MCCain, Palin, and many others .
Two of your 3 paragraphs devoted to race.
Yet you accuse me of play the race card, which I did not do.

Been hitting the sauce at all tonight?

Old 11-06-2009, 11:26 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
If this tea party movement was inspired by bush why did it wait till he was out of office to start bitching? And Bush/Paulson had ZERO to do with the stimulus. Basic facts should come before attempts at a discussion.

I assume since your facts are off, you probably haven't seen any of the signs being carried around at these tea parties. They aren't dominated by anti-bush propaganda.

Between the two of us, there is only one who has brought up race.

Two of your 3 paragraphs devoted to race.
Yet you accuse me of play the race card, which I did not do.

Been hitting the sauce at all tonight?

No sauce just tired and old . Maybe i did bring up ace but usually its always brought up so i just expect it.

I wish we could stop being so divided and vote for the nation not ourselves personlly .

It took awhile to get the tea parties going . The reason bush wasn't in our sings like he was before was because he was no longer in office . Why would we protest a goner ?

Good night .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies