Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2009, 11:16 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,879,299 times

Advertisements

Not just weakened. The USA is on the road to it's own destruction and the basis of it is political correctness. The ultra liberals of this Country are destroying it from within and assisting those on the outside who would see us destroyed. We'd better wise up and vote these louses out in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Huh Do what? You dont remember the 1st attack on the towers or the Uss coles or the embassys all of which are American soil

I cant believe anyone is even trying to spin like you are
You're right about the first WTC attack in 1993, where 6 people were killed. The USS Coles was anchored in Yemen at the time of the attack.

You need to listen to the NPR story about Hasan before you accuse me of "spin". Like any bureaucracy, the army just pushed him along to Ft. Hood.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:18 AM

82 posts, read 189,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ugh,

Do you have any idea how many people the CIA and FBI are monitoring in this country right now? Probably in the 10's if not 100's of thousands.

If any number of them decided to grab some handguns, go into a crowded building and start shooting people, there would almost nothing that could be done to stop them.

There are two types of people who need to shut up, and you're one of them. You're one of those "OMG, we need to increase security" types. Get off of it, crazy people kill people sometimes, its an awful fact of life in a free society. The bastard was caught, he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of military law, and most likely executed. That is the most we can do.
Really, how many of them do you think are sworn in officers in the US millitary, are members are well known radical mosque with ties to the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, has months of radical statements on the internet and many strange comments to his superiors not to mention his craving to connect with al-qaeda and is about to be shipped out to fight his brother radicals?
This is all about political correctness and which officers did not want to be to be the whistle blower and get dressed down by the liberal left in this country for profiling a muslim! Why? because the left when it comes to terrorism are reactive and not pro-active not to mention in denial. Hell they can even call it a war on terror!!!
If we all write it off as you have and just say it is one crazy guy with a gun we are doomed. Although your theory is true from time to time this clearly is not one of those times.
If this is your input on this subject you are clearly the one who needs to shut up.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az2Ny;11565211[B
]Really, how many of them do you think are sworn in officers in the US millitary, are members are well known radical mosque with ties to the radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, has months of radical statements on the internet and many strange comments to his superiors not to mention his craving to connect with al-qaeda and is about to be shipped out to fight his brother radicals?[/b]
This is all about political correctness and which officers did not want to be to be the whistle blower and get dressed down by the liberal left in this country for profiling a muslim! Why? because the left when it comes to terrorism are reactive and not pro-active not to mention in denial. Hell they can even call it a war on terror!!!
If we all write it off as you have and just say it is one crazy guy with a gun we are doomed. Although your theory is true from time to time this clearly is not one of those times.
If this is your input on this subject you are clearly the one who needs to shut up.
I don't know; do you?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Obama is the PC king. He helped this along. He is the CnC of the military, CIA and FBI right? He gets the blame only because they had plenty of knowledge of this guys Jihadist beliefs and did nothing. Not even watch him closer after he bought the "cop killer" hand guns.

Sorry but I have to disagree we have had PC in this country long before Obama came into office. He is the CnC now but the PC took place way before that. Again I agree that someone is to blame but I think it is top military officials that should have taken action but did not. If you can show me that Obama knew before hand about this guy and told them not to do anything them fine but I just don't think you can blame any president for everything that happens at every level.

formerly dcadca

Old 11-10-2009, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Plenty of concrete evidence was found. How about him posting on his blog about he praised suicide bombers? If that isn't a serious red flag then I don't know what is. The reason this is a different situation is because this is POST 911. It should NEVER have happened.
I've read posts on this forum that praise all sorts of egregious behavior, including raping women who wear racy clothing or are "teases". People who think that suicide bombing an abortion clinic is quite all right.

Yes, you are right, his blog raised red flags, and caught the attention of national intelligence agencies. But he was exercising his freedom of speech. Did you want him arrested for this?

Old 11-10-2009, 11:22 AM
obo obo started this thread

916 posts, read 986,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree we have had PC in this country long before Obama came into office. He is the CnC now but the PC took place way before that. Again I agree that someone is to blame but I think it is top military officials that should have taken action but did not. If you can show me that Obama knew before hand about this guy and told them not to do anything them fine but I just don't think you can blame any president for everything that happens at every level.

formerly dcadca
He IS to blame. He brought a whole new level of PC to this nation and let's not mention the witch hunt he is conducting on the CIA. Do you think this had anything to do with the non action? I garuntee you it did.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I've read posts on this forum that praise all sorts of egregious behavior, including raping women who wear racy clothing or are "teases". People who think that suicide bombing an abortion clinic is quite all right.

Yes, you are right, his blog raised red flags, and caught the attention of national intelligence agencies. But he was exercising his freedom of speech. Did you want him arrested for this?
Nah, I'll just take your stance and forget about a guy that praises suicide bombers, made off the wall Islamic comments to his superiors, attempted to contact terrorists and BOUGHT 2 "COP KILLER" HANDGUNS! That's what I would do, I would just "wait it out and see what happens."

Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Screaming out Allah Akbar before opening fire isn't good enough for you? We are in deep trouble with minds that think like you running the country.
The man was a Muslim who probably thought he was about to die. Screaming a Muslim epithet really does not qualify this person as a jihadist. People who think they are about to die often call out to the god they believe in, I think even some atheists probably say things like "Jesus Christ" or "Jumpin' Jehosophat" in the heat of the moment. Excited utterances can be evidentiary, but not conclusive proof of anything.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The man was a Muslim who probably thought he was about to die. Screaming a Muslim epithet really does not qualify this person as a jihadist. People who think they are about to die often call out to the god they believe in, I think even some atheists probably say things like "Jesus Christ" or "Jumpin' Jehosophat" in the heat of the moment. Excited utterances can be evidentiary, but not conclusive proof of anything.
Holy.........The spin continues. Thank god you're not in charge of anything serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies