Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:11 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Are you saying that gays have no power, no choice in their own lives and act solely with no will of their own?

Eye color and homosexuality? LOL
what do you consider choice??? I mean asking someone to NOT be with someone they're attracted to because it conforms to YOUR choice of beliefs is a little much don't u think?
I can choose to marry a woman and be intimate with her as much as you can choose to do it with another man...
homosexuality is something you have as much control over choosing as eye color.. we can all go buy contact lenses and have brown eyes, but underneath the facade, you're still a green eye...
if you can't understand the analogy. then you need to understand homosexuality more.. you obviously are very OPINIONATED on the issue.. without really knowing anything about it.. other than you don't "approve"
that's not good enough... if you want to be taken seriously and have your view respected, you have to be able to engage the converstation constructively and accurately with facts NOT perceptions.. if you want to cast judgement and claims on an entire group of people based on views that you have.. "just because" then I'm sorry... you are a bigot...
I'm not afraid to say it... you can make all the excuses in the world for it.. "whoa. wait a minute.. I'm a nice guy I just don't approve" the question remains.. "what basis do you have to disapprove in that you feel you have the right to influence the law and public policy to reflect your OPINION on others lives??? to think that is your place and that it's ok.. you're a bigot..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 08:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times
Quote:
There is not one person in this country that does not have the same rights to marry someone of the opposit sex so we ALL have the same rights. Not all marriages are based on love.
that argument is so primitive and childish. so what should marriages be based on if not for love?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,743 times
Quote:
think about it:

A handful of selfish self-centered gays who would much rather see services to the poor and assistance for parentless children destroyed than allow a church to adhear to their values, beliefs and the teachings of the Bible.
That's bull****. The Catholic Church is free to continue to spend their own money that they are currently spending to provide the services they are providing to the people they wish. No one is going to stop them. They won't get funding from the taxpayers but that shouldn't stop them from spending the same amount out of their pocket that they are currently spending from their own coffers. As for the taxpayer funding they are now getting that they won't be getting, some other organization will get and spend it on providing the same services it is now being spent by the Catholic Church to provide. Nothing changes except the grantee of the taxpayer money.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:23 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
That's bull****. The Catholic Church is free to continue to spend their own money that they are currently spending to provide the services they are providing to the people they wish. No one is going to stop them. They won't get funding from the taxpayers but that shouldn't stop them from spending the same amount out of their pocket that they are currently spending from their own coffers. As for the taxpayer funding they are now getting that they won't be getting, some other organization will get and spend it on providing the same services it is now being spent by the Catholic Church to provide. Nothing changes except the grantee of the taxpayer money.
that's right. If DC has a Gay & Lesbian Center, give them the opportunity to step up to the plate. that would really pi$$ off the catholics.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
AND what about that separation of church and state the religions are so fond of trotting out when it suits them. They are MORE then happy to invade into government territory when they want to control people and force them to their own ideas.

I think its time to TAX the holy you know what out of the churches.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:46 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,249,535 times
I have to say that if that's what the catholic church wants to do then let them. This is money that DC gives them to do this and that, well DC can just stop giving them money and give it to another organization that doesn't mind obeying the law. I don't think its that complicated really.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:25 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,248,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
The article has nothing to do with adoption by same-sex couples.
""Hating gays"" <<It also does not say this... those must be your words..

Old 11-18-2009, 02:17 PM

59,164 posts, read 27,361,070 times
By some thinking on here, the NAACP should give money to the KKK, Peta should give money to the NRA, etc. The lack of common sense on here constantly amazes me.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:20 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

Who is "they"?

I am an evil conservative and I support gay marriage and give to charities involving the needy and homeless

Try not to paint with too broad a brush

Old 11-18-2009, 02:25 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Who is "they"?
Ummmm.....the Roman Catholic Church. That who it's all about.

Quote:
I am an evil conservative and I support gay marriage and give to charities involving the needy and homeless

Try not to paint with too broad a brush
It isn't all about you. Really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies