Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,042,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
think about it:

A handful of selfish self-centered gays who would much rather see services to the poor and assistance for parentless children destroyed than allow a church to adhear to their values, beliefs and the teachings of the Bible. In their desire to push themselves onto everyone and into everything I believe all they will accomplish is more disgust from people.
what would you do if YOUR family could not legally obtain the same rights that are granted ALL hetro families the second that they get married? It is not selfish to want to take care of one's own. If the catholics don't want to render to the poor b/c they don't want gay ppl spoiling their "squeaky clean" reputation , another organization will step in.

Marriage is a CIVIL right, not a religious one. If the catholics and the mormons choose to be hateful, I really don't care! It doesn't affect me one way or the other. But when they use their profits from their tax exempt status to deny gays and lesbian families their civil rights, that is something that is terribly un-Christian. I don't think that JC would approve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 01:13 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,730,657 times
I didn't see anything about "hating gays" in that article.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,107,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
what would you do if YOUR family could not legally obtain the same rights that are granted ALL hetro families the second that they get married? It is not selfish to want to take care of one's own. If the catholics don't want to render to the poor b/c they don't want gay ppl spoiling their "squeaky clean" reputation , another organization will step in.

Marriage is a CIVIL right, not a religious one. If the catholics and the mormons choose to be hateful, I really don't care! It doesn't affect me one way or the other. But when they use their profits from their tax exempt status to deny gays and lesbian families their civil rights, that is something that is terribly un-Christian. I don't think that JC would approve.

There is not one person in this country that does not have the same rights to marry someone of the opposit sex so we ALL have the same rights. Not all marriages are based on love.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:54 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,239,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

This is the most absurd thing I have yet read. As if it were the church who actually has the power to decide who can legally marry and who can't.

And it's really pathetic how gays and other liberals freely toss around that word "hate", making accusations that __________ (fill in the blank) is "hateful" when it is they who hate.

It isn't "hateful" for a church to adhere to its cherished beliefs and tenets.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,929,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It is mentioned in the article.

More to the point......why make the title of this thread, "Hating gays is more important than helping the needy" when my point is that the Catholic Church has not institutionalized any hatred of gays into their tenets or policies. If you are looking for a church with a real hatred of gays, the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka KS is the place to go.
here is where it gets sticky with hate.. they don't believe in homosexuality..
we get it.. but the reality is it's like not believing in green eyes, on the premis that you chose your eye color while in the womb.

That's the kind of beliefs we're talking about here.. where dogma meets rationality... and they want to have everyone be tolerant of their BELIEFS..
the only people choosing anything in this situation is people choosing those beliefs.. as a gay person I can tell you that i did not choose to be gay.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And it's really pathetic how gays and other liberals freely toss around that word "hate", making accusations that __________ (fill in the blank) is "hateful" when it is they who hate.
Not all gays do that.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:52 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,107,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
here is where it gets sticky with hate.. they don't believe in homosexuality..
we get it.. but the reality is it's like not believing in green eyes, on the premis that you chose your eye color while in the womb.

That's the kind of beliefs we're talking about here.. where dogma meets rationality... and they want to have everyone be tolerant of their BELIEFS..
the only people choosing anything in this situation is people choosing those beliefs.. as a gay person I can tell you that i did not choose to be gay.

Are you saying that gays have no power, no choice in their own lives and act solely with no will of their own?

Eye color and homosexuality? LOL

Old 11-16-2009, 03:09 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,180,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
No, its called principle and belief in something greater than you. Just because you can't decipher what that means, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This thread, of course, coming from someone who not only promotes choice, but financially supports and promotes the literal act of abortion. So why am I not surprised that you don't understand the principle of principle? Because in your world, nothing is out of bounds. Promote abortion, promote man/man - woman/woman sex, chastise those who see humanity in decline. Horrendous.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Are you saying that gays have no power, no choice in their own lives and act solely with no will of their own?

Eye color and homosexuality? LOL
There's a difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. Obviously, we choose to behave certain ways, but sexual orientation is innate.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:53 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,239,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Not all gays do that.
The word "all" wasn't in my post. So, please don't assume that my statement was a brush to tar all of them with. There are some gay CD members who just can't get it through their heads that churches that stand by their principles are not being "hateful" to them ("hate" has nothing to do with it).......or else they just want to keep the pot stirred by making bogus accusations. (I think many of them just want to keep the pot stirred.) Whatever their motivation, it is clear that those who make these accusations of "hatred" are, themselves, filled with hate for those institutions that refuse to go along with the gay agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies