Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times

Advertisements

I don't see anything in that scripture that says "Obama will be murdered".

Those of you who are believing this better take a look at what the bible says will take place when people start to do false analyzations of the bible & also make up false stories.

You all better read II Peter chapter 2.
2 Peter 2 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com

It mentions that when all of these false teachings & analyzations start to occur that there will be a destruction.
It also mentions that these false teachers will bring distruction among themselves & others.
1. II Peter 2 verse 1-3:The description of false teachers
2 Peter 2:1-3 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com

Maybe some people need to cleanse their heads before reading the word & also try not to analyze based on their own feelings & wishes.

Also, before stirring up divisions & confusions, please try reading Romans 16:17.
Romans 16:17 - Passage*Lookup - English Standard Version - BibleGateway.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This may be going too far. A conservative group is now making tee shirts, teddy bears and bumber stickers that say "Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8"

Even if I didn't like Bush, I never wanted him to get violently murdered.
What is the name of this conservative group?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
I don't believe in god or heaven but do have fantasies of these so-called "christians" showing up at their "Pearly Gate" and being told, " Sorry, you hated everyone, you hated the poor, promoted war, and worshipped the Wealthy in my place, you abused women and sought to make them cattle and you promoted violence....turn around."

46,966 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Good grief, the reference is to one verse of the 109th Psalm, not the entire chapter.
So they're quote-mining their own holy scripture now? Fascinating.

7,936 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Please point out in any of my posts in this thread where I stated such t-shirts and bumper stickers should be illegal. To save you the time it would take to search it out, I will tell you and everyone else right now that I never said any such thing. It is possible, don't you agree, to be concerned about the effects of something and NOT want it made illegal. Just because I believe in freedom of speech does not mean I can't be concerned about how some use that freedom.
Didn't imply that you wanted the shirts outlawed. Was merely pointing out that a nutcase could use ANYTHING as a motive for violence. The problem isn't the shirt,or whatever item the nutjob claims to be his motivation, its the psychotic mind that is the problem.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:53 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
NIV version:

8 May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.

This is sick.

Whats the difference between what these people are doing and Islamic Extremist (Terrorist)?
United States citizens trying to stir up terrorism in their own country.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Thanks for letting us know about this, I just ordered 2 t-shirts. One for me and one for the wifee.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:55 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Um, one is wearing/selling a T shirt.
The other is blowing up buildings as a suicide bomber.

See, not too hard to comprehend, even for a Phillies fan

The real question is who owns the companies making the $ from the T shirts and bumper stickers? Are they conservative Christians?
I'm talking about the Religious aspect of serving justice.

I want to see what they plan to do with the money that will be generated. Probably for campaign financing. A respectful Republican should not except that money.

I'm not sure if they are Conservatives, but the likely hood of them being Conservaties is very high.

Please don't remind me of my Phils. The pain still burns!!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 AM

817 posts, read 853,592 times
Y'all need to stop acting like a bunch of drama queens.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What is the name of this conservative group?
It's zazzle.com and here are some of the bumper stickers they sell. Obama Bumper Stickers, Buy an Obama Bumper Sticker
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies