Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 11:02 AM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I'm talking about the Religious aspect of serving justice.

I want to see what they plan to do with the money that will be generated. Probably for campaign financing. A respectful Republican should not except that money.

I'm not sure if they are Conservatives, but the likely hood of them being Conservaties is very high.

Please don't remind me of my Phils. The pain still burns!!
Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with politics. I think someone has just printed these things because they can make money on it. Just like the Obama merchandise after the election. Obama had nothing to do with it, didn't get a dime off of it, neither did the DNC. China made the money as most of the items were made there.

I can understand people being worried about some nutjob going after Obama. Hopefully it will never happen.
PS I can't really say anything about the Phils as I grew up a Met fan and you guys own us, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,444 times
I'm just wondering if anyone looked at this scripture in the same manner when Bush & Clinton were in office?

Old 11-18-2009, 11:06 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Didn't imply that you wanted the shirts outlawed. Was merely pointing out that a nutcase could use ANYTHING as a motive for violence. The problem isn't the shirt,or whatever item the nutjob claims to be his motivation, its the psychotic mind that is the problem.
And my point is that this could be just the thing that tips that psychotic mind over the edge. All I'm really asking is that people THINK before buying or even designing such things.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Thanks for letting us know about this, I just ordered 2 t-shirts. One for me and one for the wifee.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It's zazzle.com and here are some of the bumper stickers they sell. Obama Bumper Stickers, Buy an Obama Bumper Sticker

Zazzle.com isnt a group, it is a business that allows people to design and sell products. It is a printing company. Not any type of conservative group.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
I'm talking about the Religious aspect of serving justice.

I want to see what they plan to do with the money that will be generated. Probably for campaign financing. A respectful Republican should not except that money.

I'm not sure if they are Conservatives, but the likely hood of them being Conservaties is very high.

Please don't remind me of my Phils. The pain still burns!!
As it has been stated earlier in this thread, the company also marketed anti-Bush items as well. It sounds like non-partisan group that is capitalizing on the hate that is emanating from both ends of the political spectrum versus a conservative group.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:12 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Oh for Pete's sake! Who said I'm losing sleep over this or anything else? This is a discussion forum - I'm discussing it!
OK, the gloves are off now.

"Losing sleep over something" is a slang expression in common usage (Obama himself has used it) and to caution someone to "not lose any sleep over it" is to tell them they are making much ado about nothing, which is what you are doing when you say you are "worried" that some lone "nutcase" is going take a bumper sticker as a personal message to go out and kill Obama.

Chill out.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:18 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,079 times
Free Speech-I love it

Old 11-18-2009, 11:22 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawporri View Post
free speech-i love it

Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
I'm just wondering if anyone looked at this scripture in the same manner when Bush & Clinton were in office?
Probably not, but look at the marketing possibilities! There's a virtually unlimited supply of scriptural verses that could be emblazoned on T-shirts for any occasion you can think of. I can see it now: Bible Verse Shirts-dot-com. (Great cooga-mooga...have I just given away a multimillion dollar idea?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies