Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 AM

7,942 posts, read 9,160,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I'm really not worried about what most conservatives and conservative Christians "get". What worries me is the lone nutcase (or group of nutcases) that sees this quote, knows the context and takes it seriously.
You know what, I think we need to outlaw Alphabets cereal. I mean what if some nutcase when eating breakfast looks into his cereal bowl and among the maze of letters sees "kill obama"?

So now we stop civil disagreement because some nut MIGHT draw a weird conclusion from a stupid T shirt. Geez, a nut can read into anything, so where do we draw the line?

Last edited by NSHL10; 11-18-2009 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: gr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I'm really not worried about what most conservatives and conservative Christians "get". What worries me is the lone nutcase (or group of nutcases) that sees this quote, knows the context and takes it seriously.
Again, no disrespect intended, but please don't lose any sleep over this. I think you worries are not well-placed and the chances of such happening is minuscule. Obama is in far more danger from someone just plain ol' PO'd at him than he is from a "nutcase".

Old 11-18-2009, 10:36 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,124 times
I'm sure Jesus would approve of all of this .

Old 11-18-2009, 10:37 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
I'm sure Jesus would approve of this .
No He would not! As a Christian, I find these t-shirts offensive.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,983,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This may be going too far. A conservative group is now making tee shirts, teddy bears and bumber stickers that say "Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8"

Even if I didn't like Bush, I never wanted him to get violently murdered.
NIV version:

8 May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership.

This is sick.

Whats the difference between what these people are doing and Islamic Extremist (Terrorist)?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
You know what, I think we need to outlaw Alphabets cereal. I mean what if some nutcase when eating breakfast looks into his cereal bowl and among the maze of letters sees "kill obama"?

So now we stop civil disagreement because some nut MIGHT draw a weird conclusion from a stupid T shirt. Geez, a nut can read into anything, so where do we draw the line?
Please point out in any of my posts in this thread where I stated such t-shirts and bumper stickers should be illegal. To save you the time it would take to search it out, I will tell you and everyone else right now that I never said any such thing. It is possible, don't you agree, to be concerned about the effects of something and NOT want it made illegal. Just because I believe in freedom of speech does not mean I can't be concerned about how some use that freedom.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This may be going too far. A conservative group is now making tee shirts, teddy bears and bumber stickers that say "Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8"

Even if I didn't like Bush, I never wanted him to get violently murdered.
Well, that slimey creepy Michelle Bachmann(R Minnesota) said all Repubs should be ARMED and Dangerous!

She's a good Christian, too....they love violence!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:46 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Ya gotta love dem Christians.

7,942 posts, read 9,160,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
This is sick.

Whats the difference between what these people are doing and Islamic Extremist (Terrorist)?
Um, one is wearing/selling a T shirt.
The other is blowing up buildings as a suicide bomber.

See, not too hard to comprehend, even for a Phillies fan

The real question is who owns the companies making the $ from the T shirts and bumper stickers? Are they conservative Christians?

3,849 posts, read 3,754,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Again, no disrespect intended, but please don't lose any sleep over this. I think you worries are not well-placed and the chances of such happening is minuscule. Obama is in far more danger from someone just plain ol' PO'd at him than he is from a "nutcase".
Oh for Pete's sake! Who said I'm losing sleep over this or anything else? This is a discussion forum - I'm discussing it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies