Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Obama's prayer:

Psalm 28:3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The line after says “May his children be orphans, and his wife a widow.”

How fitting of this CHRISTIAN group, eh?

They should be reported to the Secret Service in my honest opinion.
Hey, is that the Fred Phelps group of whackjobs?? If not, sounds just like them.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
Hey, is that the Fred Phelps group of whackjobs?? If not, sounds just like them.
The right ring religious whackjobs are resembling the Fred Phelps group more and more!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 PM

757 posts, read 803,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I am not sure it means anyone wants him to die a violent death. I just looked it up and it says May his days be few and another take his place. I don't know the context or what it really means but it doesn't sound like wishing death on some one.
The King James Version of the Bible, states:
" Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise"
That clearly suggest violence.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:50 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qewpie View Post
Olg Gringo said:

ozzie679 said:

Old Gringo said"

First of all, not a single one of the signs depicted in those pictures has been photoshopped: they are all extensively documented, with links to the original source pages; and they are self-evidently real as well. So your dismissive claim of "Your photoshopped protest signs are unconvincing" holds no water: your only defense against the damning images is to completely dismiss them out of hand, but you had no factual basis on which to dismiss them, which fatally undermines your argument.

As for the other statements that no one ever had a "Kill Bush" shirt: Did you even look at the linked page? It has several examples of "Kill Bush" shirts and paraphernalia, including this one and this one.

When someone presents you with evidence directly in front of your eyes, and your response is to say "I don't see any evidence," then you are conceding defeat in the argument, because you obviously have no valid response to the conclusive proof which defeats your position.
"There are none so blind as they that won't see." Jonathan Swift

Old 11-18-2009, 06:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I don't believe your post. It must've been photoshopped on my browser.

And here I thought you were a believer.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It's not like it's the Church that put this out though. But we've got all the typical lefties calling foul on "Christianity". We didn't write it in the Bible, and a Christian organization didn't start manufacturing these.

This is the EXACT same thing as if someone had taken a line out of a history book or a children's book and used it. Only then the left wouldn't have anyone to attack.

The left is pathetic and is looking for any excuse to bash Christianity.
Except I really haven't seen anyone in this thread 'bashing Christianity'. I have seen a few indicate that, understanding the context of this verse, it is in very poor taste to use it in the way it is used for these t-shirts and bumper stickers. And some of us making that statement are Christians.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qewpie View Post

As for the other statements that no one ever had a "Kill Bush" shirt: Did you even look at the linked page? It has several examples of "Kill Bush" shirts and paraphernalia, including this one and this one.

When someone presents you with evidence directly in front of your eyes, and your response is to say "I don't see any evidence," then you are conceding defeat in the argument, because you obviously have no valid response to the conclusive proof which defeats your position.
NO! I said, "I have never in my life seen a person with a "Kill Bush" t-shirt or bumper sticker."

I didn't say, "
no one ever had a "Kill Bush" shirt." (to quote your misquote)

Nice try though....

Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 PM

YouTube - Christian pastor prays for death of Obama

Old 11-18-2009, 06:29 PM

6 posts, read 9,727 times
ozzie679 said:
"NO! I said, "I have never in my life seen a person with a "Kill Bush" t-shirt or bumper sticker."

I didn't say, "no one ever had a "Kill Bush" shirt." (to quote your misquote)

Nice try though...."

Yeah, well, I've never seen Niagara Falls. Therefore, it must not exist.

You brilliant argument boils down to this: If you personally haven't seen it, then it doesn't exist or it's irrelevant.

I don't care if you haven't seen all the "Kill Bush" shirts, nor if you mysteriously failed to notice the contant death-visualizations of Bush at every protest and on every left-wing blog for 8 solid years.

The fact remains that such imagery was out there, and DID exist, so you're childish prancing back and forth on the issue proves nothing.

I've never seen a lot of things, but I accept they must be true nonetheless. You, apparently, get to work under different logical rules. Must be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies