Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 11:14 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,096,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The line after says “May his children be orphans, and his wife a widow.”

How fitting of this CHRISTIAN group, eh?

They should be reported to the Secret Service in my honest opinion.
Has been. SS and FBI are investigating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 06:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Bible thumpers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice
The line after says “May his children be orphans, and his wife a widow.”

How fitting of this CHRISTIAN group, eh?

Yep...

The religious right loses an election and it's time for Armageddon.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel1965 View Post
I did not hear a specific person use Psalm 109:08 in a speech, so I am sorry if someone used it in a hateful way. I have heard Chrisitans use this as a joke. I am just writing from my own experience. When I hear someone say this, I take it as let his days in office be over as soon as possible. They are just wanting a more conservative person in office. They do not wish any harm to him.
I personally found liberals and main stream media to be so hateful in what they say. This is the main reason I will not listen to them. They are hypocritical and do so much name calling. I have witnessed this in my own family too. They happen not to be Christians, but I do not think all non-Christians are hypocritical and participate in hateful name calling.
I have been hearing someone from the Black Panthers speak of killing white babies (he used a more offensive slang term). I heard his actual words. This is much more scary to me, but I do not jump to the conclusion that all in his group want to kill white babies. Hopefully, he does not mean that and just wants the attention.
I think radicals on any side of the politcal spectrum can say hateful things. I am tired of people bashing Christians though.
A CD poster had the verse # under her name for a while. She thought it was cute!

Old 07-11-2010, 06:35 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
the bible god is a psychopath

Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
the bible god is a psychopath
So what? So are most of its believers. Doesn't prove a thing.

Many do quite well without ethics.

Maybe the damn schools should get really scary, and teach ethics.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This may be going too far. A conservative group is now making tee shirts, teddy bears and bumber stickers that say "Pray for Obama Psalm 109:8"

Even if I didn't like Bush, I never wanted him to get violently murdered.
Violently murdered? Doesn't say that. He could die of natural causes...it just says" may his days be few..."

Old 07-11-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Yeah. This is DISGUSTING. There has never been so anger and violence aimed at a President.

I send my love and well wishes to the Obama family.
No violence, but he deserves being disliked. He kinda brought that on himself...

Old 07-11-2010, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
According to the Boston Globe, personal presidential security has had to be heightened 400% more than any president since JFK.

These conservatives are starting to show their true colors. As long as no one gets hurt I'm perfectly fine with this: it's exposing them for the true irrational morons they are.
Free speach, Twista, free speach.

Old 07-11-2010, 08:40 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Violently murdered? Doesn't say that. He could die of natural causes...it just says" may his days be few..."
Wishing death on someone is totally inappropriate and should not be tolerated here on CD.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:48 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Wishing death on someone is totally inappropriate and should not be tolerated here on CD.

great post kat, wishing death on the POTUS especially with a quote from the bible seems like a great of hatred from a book and people who should know better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies