Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Woes me! I can't afford health insurance but by golly, I got no problem getting food and stuffing my fat azz until the recliner grows into my azz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Don't get me wrong. I believe in responsibility as well.

What could the wife have done to intervene? They had no health insurance. I don't even know how she would pick the guy up.

I read that article through and it said that the wife cleaned her husband off. I am sure she is the one who fed him as well.

I hope he is in peace now.
There is something called Medicaid. This guy clearly wasn't working.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
All I want to know is....

.... did the wife take out a life insurance policy on her husband before she facilitated his death?!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
His behavior indicates he was clearly depressed. It is a shame there was no intervention from any of the friends or other family members. Perhaps something could have been done to help him.
Yes, someone would have helped him by NOT bringing him his platters of food. 33 years old and no job? Nothing to do all day but lay in that chair and fill his face. Of course he was depressed, anyone would be when they get too fat to work and get out of the chair.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
I know times are tough so I'm offering an old Baldwin if the family could use it.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:02 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, someone would have helped him by NOT bringing him his platters of food. 33 years old and no job? Nothing to do all day but lay in that chair and fill his face. Of course he was depressed, anyone would be when they get too fat to work and get out of the chair.

I see this as an situation where the wife was as much at fault as the husband she was enabling to live (and die) the way he did. Who knows? Maybe she was simple minded and thought she was doing what was best for him. Someone....a friend or some other family member, if there were any who could see what was going on.....should have stepped in to intervene, even if Adult Protective Services had to be called.

All water under the bridge now.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:36 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Obey? Seriously did you just say that

My mother was as christian as they come and she never felt she had to Obey anyone
How much you want to bet OBEY was not in their marriage vows? I really was being polite to this woman as I think she helped her husband to his death. I don't know if this woman has any mental challenges but something drove her to continue to overfeed this man. One first is certain he did not have eat whatever it was that was before him so he is really the only one responsible for his death.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
He was a preacher, and the things the woman is quoted as saying in the article lead me to believe that they were fundamentalist Christians. In the Bible Belt, they are common, and they believe that a woman should be submissive to her husband; to obey. I was raised in one of these churches, and remember the teachings well. However, the doctrine of blind obedience was one reason I left.

There are many varieties of Christians, Jadex, and I am sure your mom is a good one. However, she is not representative of every Christian woman out there.
Thank you for this post. You have explained the obey term I used in my post that Jadex responded to. I doubt saying NO to her husband is inside her head even today.

Last edited by Freemore; 11-21-2009 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 11-21-2009, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Speculation.
LOL speculate he is not dead. Read the thread my post was polite.
Who is on trial here?

Old 11-21-2009, 07:07 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Webb's body was physically stuck to the power recliner and firefighters had to cut him from the chair to take him to the hospital. He died a few hours later, his body covered with sores and a "very bad odor," according to a police report.

Webb, 33, didn't ask for help for all those months, because he was ashamed and didn't have health insurance, said his wife, Ada.

Obese man dies after 8 months in recliner - Life- msnbc.com

Uh...I guess it could happen to anyone...sort of.
I think this is a tragedy.But I cant help to think that this tragedy is being use by msnbc to promote obamas health care.If this man was truely ashame of seing a doctor because had no insurance and he probably new tax payer will be stuck with the bill. if this was to happen while obamba health care in place this man will prabably be ashame to go see a doctor anyway because tax payers will be stuck with the bill.. this is truely a tragedy,but dont blame it on health care .I know if anybody in america seek medical attention they will get it no matter how poor you are this is true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies