Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:39 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times

Advertisements

Glenn Beck: "On August 28, 2010, I ask you, your family and neighbors to join me at the feet of Abraham Lincoln on the National Mall for the unveiling of "The Plan" and the birthday of a new national movement to restore our great country."

Hot Air’s Allahpundit notes that the date of Beck’s DC event “happens to be the anniversary of the ‘I Have a Dream’ speech” by Martin Luther King, Jr. “Eschewing the title of ‘leader’ is thus a curious display of modesty from a guy who thinks his book launch is worthy of a modern-day March on Washington with him in the MLK role,” writes Allahpundit.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck Has A ‘Plan’ To Sell Books With March On Washington On The Anniversary Of MLK Speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 10:53 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Of course he is. Palin does the same. "Fools and their money, are soon parted".

Old 11-22-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of course he is. Palin does the same. "Fools and their money, are soon parted".
The arrogance of Beck, the effeminate doughboy amazes me, I wonder if his ADD has progressed to Bi-Polar disease.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:17 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Glenn Beck: "On August 28, 2010, I ask you, your family and neighbors to join me at the feet of Abraham Lincoln on the National Mall for the unveiling of "The Plan" and the birthday of a new national movement to restore our great country."

Hot Air’s Allahpundit notes that the date of Beck’s DC event “happens to be the anniversary of the ‘I Have a Dream’ speech” by Martin Luther King, Jr. “Eschewing the title of ‘leader’ is thus a curious display of modesty from a guy who thinks his book launch is worthy of a modern-day March on Washington with him in the MLK role,” writes Allahpundit.

Think Progress » Glenn Beck Has A ‘Plan’ To Sell Books With March On Washington On The Anniversary Of MLK Speech
Okay. Up to now I have just found this person to be distasteful and a bit scary. But with this he may just have moved himself into my very small "I hate this person" category. How dare he?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Okay. Up to now I have just found this person to be distasteful and a bit scary. But with this he may just have moved himself into my very small "I hate this person" category. How dare he?
It's just sickening the inference that Beck would even dare place himself in the company of such great men as MLK, his visions of grandeur is what makes me think he is in the manic stage of bi-polar mental disease.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,238 times
MLK was an adultorer...gimme a break! Beck does not associate himself with MLK in any way except to wake up real Americans that it's time to take back our country.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Glenn Beck is not worthy of scraping the dirt off the bottom of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s shoes. He isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He needs to be committed to long term psychiatric care for even daring to think of doing this. He is a vile little man who lives off the sick, racist fear he seeks to stir up.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Good for Glenn Beck! Capitalism rocks!!

Old 11-22-2009, 04:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Good for Glenn Beck! Capitalism rocks!!

P T Barnum and H L Mencken would be proud........................................

Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Glenn Beck is not worthy of scraping the dirt off the bottom of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s shoes. He isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He needs to be committed to long term psychiatric care for even daring to think of doing this. He is a vile little man who lives off the sick, racist fear he seeks to stir up.
Sounds like you just described both Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies