Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:47 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,830,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??
When you say "so many" what exactly are you talking about ? I know hundreds of Christians, and I don't know of one that Hates any of the above mentioned groups. Could you quantify ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 10:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
Why do gays hate so many people and get mixed up between ahte and disapproval of gay marriage. Why do they threaten people if they don;t go along wit thier agenda.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,275 times
As long as we are on the queston of "why", why is a thread with very little merit or intelligent thought such as this one, still open. After all, it is nothing but a hate thread full of narrow minded liberal drivel that provokes nothing but ill feelings and divide people further. Way to go libs, you prove more and more that you are more intolerant than the right

Old 12-06-2009, 11:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
Because taking away someones liberty by collectivism and group vote can be perceived as hateful. If gays wanted to vote away some of your privelges or liberties wouldn't you be bent out of shape? This all comes back to the golden rule and empathy. Something most individuals, especially conservatives do not have nor are they capable of learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Why do gays hate so many people and get mixed up between ahte and disapproval of gay marriage. Why do they threaten people if they don;t go along wit thier agenda.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 AM

433 posts, read 261,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I know many illegal immigrants 90 percent are christians they dont hate them selve.but they do think gay lifestyle is immoral.there are many african americans who are christian and they also think gay life style is immoral Christ love everyone but he also said to the ***** go and sin no more. african americans and illegal immigrants who are christians,being gay is not a minority at all.to them it is a sin. so please as a son of an illegal christian immigrant dont,dont group me together with gays we have nothing incomon

another science denier.....guess god makes mistakes in your view?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
When you say "so many" what exactly are you talking about ? I know hundreds of Christians, and I don't know of one that Hates any of the above mentioned groups. Could you quantify ?

I know hundreds who do.

Does your church teach homosexuality is a sin?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post

what??? do you have an example? By not going with their agenda do you mean people who want to deny them equal rights?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
As long as we are on the queston of "why", why is a thread with very little merit or intelligent thought such as this one, still open. After all, it is nothing but a hate thread full of narrow minded liberal drivel that provokes nothing but ill feelings and divide people further. Way to go libs, you prove more and more that you are more intolerant than the right

We cannot be tolerant of intolerance. That is condoning it. Why is questioning the hypocritical actions of those claiming to be christ like narrow minded?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM

145 posts, read 224,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Why so many un christ like behaviors?

Pro- death penalty.

Hate Gays.
Hate "illegal" immigrants.
Hate African Americans or at least point a racial finger at everything.

Christ loved everyone. The poorest, the outcasts, lepers, whores.

So why??

I sometimes wonder that myself. It's like coming out of church on Sunday after all that singing and praying and practically getting run down in the parking lot by a fellow parishiner. Hey, weren't we just in there praying together??!

I consider myself conservative and a Christian and I'm against abortion and the death penalty. I believe in legalizing same sex marriage (I don't feel anyone has the right to tell you who to marry), and I don't hate any particular group of people. So, there's hope - some of us actually do care.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credo View Post
I sometimes wonder that myself. It's like coming out of church on Sunday after all that singing and praying and practically getting run down in the parking lot by a fellow parishiner. Hey, weren't we just in there praying together??!

I consider myself conservative and a Christian and I'm against abortion and the death penalty. I believe in legalizing same sex marriage (I don't feel anyone has the right to tell you who to marry), and I don't hate any particular group of people. So, there's hope - some of us actually do care.

Yes it is far from everyone but even a good percentage is too many. True story: I went to catholic high school and my class had a bit of a reputation as trouble makers etc. So this one day our whole class, about 150 of us gets called in for a little lashing from the assistant principle who is a nun. She says to us amongst other things that "if it wasn't for for the money you pay in tuition we would expel every single one of you" Now what kind of christian example is that to portray to a bunch of 16-17 year olds. To this day no one in our class donates to the school. our class is just missing on the yearly letter showing who gave. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies