Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,418,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I know this post is two years old, but I want to say that this is a despicable thing to say, Clearly you don't know your bible, and I doubt you're even a Christian. True Christians do not wish death on those they politically disagree with.

Interesting. I don't know of any Christian conservative who has prayed for Obama. In fact, I never heard Christians pray for the president until Bush was inaugurated, under the idea that we should "pray for our leaders" as the bible says. Then when Obama was inaugurated, that practice was conveniently dropped.
Exactly. So many conservative Christians (not ALL, some) are complete hypocrites when it comes to politics. When a Republican is in office, "God says pray for our leaders!!!," when a Democrat (especially Obama) is in office, "He's evil. Psalm 109:8!!!" -- it is disgusting. If you are a Christian, you should pray for your leaders, regardless of who they are or what they stand for -- and wishing death on them is just beyond the pale.

I can't believe I used to align myself with the Religious Right movement. They twist both Scripture and the Constitution to try to push their sick ideology. I now understand why the founders wanted a strict separation between church and state. Religion is a corrupting force on politics, and politics is a corrupting force on religion.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies