Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times

Advertisements

Lambert needs to stick to playing the gay clubs. He's not ready for the mainstream public until he gets a clue. If we are lucky he has killed his career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:15 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And now Good Morning America has cancelled his concert:

Free Adam Lambert concert for 'Good Morning America' is canceled | Ministry of Gossip | Los Angeles Times

I keep in mind that Madonna was banned, censored, and vilified by many in the 1980s. Seems almost quaint now.
I'm kind of curious when people will finally realize that these entertainers (not musicians, really....) only do this to get a rise out of people, which gives them more popularity.

Adam Lambert isn't that impressive vocally (neither is Lady Gaga, for what that's worth) and their careers are based on being 'outrageous'. Love or hate, it's all the same... you're still paying attention to them.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm kind of curious when people will finally realize that these entertainers (not musicians, really....) only do this to get a rise out of people, which gives them more popularity.

Adam Lambert isn't that impressive vocally (neither is Lady Gaga, for what that's worth) and their careers are based on being 'outrageous'. Love or hate, it's all the same... you're still paying attention to them.
Circus of the Outrageous. Some people are truly shocked, some pretend to be shocked. It's all about $elling ticket$ to the $how.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:

Well I think Lambert is a wannabe showman, and would be better off on Broadway. I haven't heard anything he has written either. He is trying to force a persona that just isn't there, that of the avant garde artiste. I'll have to disagree with you on Gaga though, hearing her sing an acoustic version of her songs you realize she can indeed sing, and write.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well I think Lambert is a wannabe showman, and would be better off on Broadway. I haven't heard anything he has written either. He is trying to force a persona that just isn't there, that of the avant garde artiste. I'll have to disagree with you on Gaga though, hearing her sing an acoustic version of her songs you realize she can indeed sing, and write.
Lambert would be good on Broadway, that is very true.

Regarding Lady Gaga, I have heard her sing acoustically while playing piano and I just don't think she's anything special. She's good, yes...but impressive? Not so much. I guess it's my nerdy musician past, but her writing and musicianship isn't anything to get excited over.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:

I think most people get this. The disappointment comes in that Adam Lambert didn't have to go this route to gain popularity. He already had a following that was eagerly anticipating his career.

Now he's probably going to lose some of that following. Does he attract more of another type of fan (not meaning "gay" necessarily) because of his choice to go the controversial route? Maybe.

Point is that he didn't have to do this if it was just to create a buzz..... The buzz was already there and he has squelched the positive buzz and replaced it with a negative one.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I don't get this kind of "one upmanship". Even the Britney/Madonna thing was rediculous and OLD!. It's like people just want to push the envelope for the sake of pushing it dispite the fact that nobody wants to see it, it does nothing positive, and it's about as mature as a 3rd grader telling a potty joke.

WE GET IT! You are sexually open, liberated, experimental, anything goes. WE GET IT! We just don't care. STOP trying to be controversial. STOP trying to create a buzz. STOP doing what everyone else has already done. STOP looking for attention!!

It makes me think those people have the intelligence of an eggplant.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,170,052 times
I didn't see it - as bad as the MJ-Lisa Marie or Al and Tipper Gore sickening smooches?

Old 11-24-2009, 12:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I don't get this kind of "one upmanship". Even the Britney/Madonna thing was rediculous and OLD!. It's like people just want to push the envelope for the sake of pushing it dispite the fact that nobody wants to see it, it does nothing positive, and it's about as mature as a 3rd grader telling a potty joke.

WE GET IT! You are sexually open, liberated, experimental, anything goes. WE GET IT! We just don't care. STOP trying to be controversial. STOP trying to create a buzz. STOP doing what everyone else has already done. STOP looking for attention!!
On the other hand, there's always the "OFF" button on your television.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
On the other hand, there's always the "OFF" button on your television.
I didn't watch it. I'm just commenting on the state of affairs today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies