Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,024,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
These men were forced to fight against the very men that wanted to free them. How Ironic!!

How evil that flag is.

Lazy, wealthy slave owners that wanted other people to work while they raped Innocent women for fun.

The people who say it's American history. If your Grand Mother was raped and your Grand father was hanged on a noose while that flag was waiving would you consider that flag a part of history?

They (The Running Rebels) were willing to die for the South to continue to rape and kill. Why be proud of that if you wasn't a racist?

Praise the Almighty God the North won.
Yes, YES! Those evil white southerners are the source of all the evil in America, and all of the south was those evil slaveowners and their evil poor white southerners that breathe only evil.

Ha, nice "The Running Rebels", what else screams tolerance and calling out all the supposed intolerance of southerners better than an insult. (but of dead people none the less!).

Stop watching Roots, stop watching Mississippi Burning and please read a book.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:14 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,997,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Yes, YES! Those evil white southerners are the source of all the evil in America, and all of the south was those evil slaveowners and their evil poor white southerners that breathe only evil.

Ha, nice "The Running Rebels", what else screams tolerance and calling out all the supposed intolerance of southerners better than an insult. (but of dead people none the less!).

Stop watching Roots, stop watching Mississippi Burning and please read a book.

Read what book? My family lived it.

I'm glad the Confederates lost. God made it happen. The Running Rebels lost hooray!!!!!!!

The Confederates were really savages. Not the Native Americans.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,312,722 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxlQzDicooY

Ha.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Read what book? My family lived it.

I'm glad the Confederates lost. God made it happen. The Running Rebels lost hooray!!!!!!!

Then where did the hanging and intolerant violations of your grandparents happen with Battle Flag flying high above it?

Old 11-30-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Then where did the hanging and intolerant violations of your grandparents happen with Battle Flag flying high above it?
Great, great, great grand parents. Didn't I say that?

South Carolina

Old 11-30-2009, 06:49 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,554,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Nonsense. Nobody else except the South though slavery was a viable concern in 1860. Only the south. I'll try it one more time.

The South liked slavery. They wanted it to continue. It beat having to actually pay people to work. They saw Lincoln as a threat to slavery. He took no action to end it and in fact had made conciliatory speeches about it since his election, but that wasn't good enough for the hothead racists that controlled the Southern legislatures.

So they seceded, knowing that it would lead to civil war.

Were there other causes? Who cares? The important cause was slavery. Period.
The north loved their slaves too, so don't be fooled Angus.
Grant had slave labor building the White House.
Lincoln wanted so badly to lure the south back into the union he proposed this:
Quote:

"ARTICLE THIRTEEN, No amendment shall be made to the Constitution which will authorize or give to Congress the power to abolish or interfere, within any State, with the domestic institutions thereof, including that of persons held to labor or service by the laws of said State."

This so called "Slavery Forever" Amendment basically affirmed the right of the States to determine when and how slavery would be abolished. Lincoln signed off on this Amendment and he mentions in in his inauguration speech. Nevertheless, Lincoln and his Secretary of State Seward had proven they were not trustworthy by their deceitful efforts with regard to Fort Sumter and Fort Pickens. The governments of the northern states had proven they would not treat the southern states fairly with respect to taxation and spending. Several states ratified this second version of the 13th Amendment, but then the war precluded any further consideration of ratification.
Speaking of ratification, Lincoln's home state of Illionois was the FIRST to sign on to it.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post

Republican

Old 11-30-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Great, great, great grand parents. Didn't I say that?

South Carolina
Indeed unfortunate, but it does not reflect every southerner, Confederate soldier or Confederate Flag waver.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:56 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,554,857 times
I was beat up, in middle school by a kid with a cast on his arm.
I think casts are a symbol of violence and hatred.
I think they shouldn't be allowed to be worn in schools.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:03 PM

41,002 posts, read 49,439,703 times
Quote:
What an ignorant remark. Do you think there was not savages in the North also? War is hell.

Seems like Shermans march across the south burning & looting was pretty savage. Was that justified ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies