Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

"Behold, our exclusive preview of attempted Vice President and former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as 'Blunder Woman,' where she battles against David Letterman, imaginary death panels, and her desire to quit everything she does."

EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Palin as 'Blunder Woman' in MAD Magazine - ComicsAlliance.com

Nice observations from MAD about Sarah's special way of looking at life, at top of the image of the three "covers": http://www.aolcdn.com/comicsalliance/madpalin.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 01:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Behold, our exclusive preview of attempted Vice President and former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin as 'Blunder Woman,' where she battles against David Letterman, imaginary death panels, and her desire to quit everything she does."

EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Palin as 'Blunder Woman' in MAD Magazine - ComicsAlliance.com

Nice observations from MAD about Sarah's special way of looking at life, at top of the image of the three "covers": http://www.aolcdn.com/comicsalliance/madpalin.jpg
I thought it was just my advanced age that kept me from reading MAD, but now I see another outstanding reason. Thanks for helping me stay away from those people.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
<snip>Nice observations from MAD about Sarah's special way of looking at life, at top of the image of the three "covers": http://www.aolcdn.com/comicsalliance/madpalin.jpg
BAWHAHAHAHA thanks for that delu, I'm saving it for my desktop!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
This is getting crazy. I get the point they are trying to make. I disagree with Palin and think she says too much that is not real like "death panels, etc" but this has to stop. This is getting out of control.

This is way too much. It is making the left look worse. I do not think that making comics like that are appropriate.

We need to focus on keeping the Democratic party together and more united instead of talking about the DEFEATED VP candidate and ex governor of Alaska.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This is getting crazy. I get the point they are trying to make. I disagree with Palin and think she says too much that is not real like "death panels, etc" but this has to stop. This is getting out of control.

This is way too much. It is making the left look worse. I do not think that making comics like that are appropriate.

We need to focus on keeping the Democratic party together and more united instead of talking about the DEFEATED VP candidate and ex governor of Alaska.
Let those lefties rant and rave about things like that. They need something to do it about and Palin can take that kind of crap better than most.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought it was just my advanced age that kept me from reading MAD, but now I see another outstanding reason. Thanks for helping me stay away from those people.
Aww, now comics art is on your no-no list too? You dont have to read MAD, it's just this one page.

I really like "Escape from Alaska!" and the imaginary death panels one. Thanks, DC Comics!

Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:

Please. It's Mad magazine, for petes sake. The Democratic Party doesn't rise or fall based on satire from Mad.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:32 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,577,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Let those lefties rant and rave about things like that. They need something to do it about and Palin can take that kind of crap better than most.
Really?

All I have been hearing is she quit because of the "liberal media" and the "liberal attacks".

I guess she really could take that crap better than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Please. It's Mad magazine, for petes sake. The Democratic Party doesn't rise or fall based on satire from Mad.
I am not talking about just this magazine. The endless threads that cry and whine about Obama and Palin are getting really annoying and clutter the forum. Why are we wasting so much time talking about Palin, you know? When we can focus on our party in general?

We CANNOT let the GOP get back in power. We saw what happened in the last 8 years. Let them whine about Obama. Let them do it. They are not doing anything productive but crying.

I think we should make one "I hate Obama" thread and one "I hate Palin thread" and leave it there.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
they know anything with her name on it sells and makes $$$$. America cant get enough of her

Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:

Why dont you think it's appropriate? Cant "we" do two things at the same time? I love the idea of Sarah as a Wonder Woman-type character (though I dont think Blunder Woman is the right name) and the concept should become a comic and it should go as long as Sarah does. Heaven knows there'll be no shortage of material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies