Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Hate filled. You have a low threshold.
Hate speech is when people call for our president to be murdered, quote Bible verses justifying Obama's murder and orphaning of his children, and eagerly hoping Obama contracts cancer.

I am fearful for our president for very good reason - especially when people start using quotes from the religious text they have chosen to adopt as their truth.

Scary stuff. Sure there are some radicals on the left who wished that on Bush, but very few. It wasn't institutionalized in a propaganda media and through politcians like Palin like it is on the right. Lots o' hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 02:17 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Finally, our society is in good hands. President Barack Obama. Let us be thankful for his place now as our leader. He is supremely capable and doing an excellent job lifting this country out of the Dubya and Republican dark ages. With Obama at the helm, you can bet that the problems that plague this nation, problems neglected by the previous administration, will be dealt with effectively and in a methodical, well-contemplated matter. This is a president who doesn't just unload a bunch of troops in harms way simply because there is a call for more troops. He realizes that Dick Cheney's bogus military effort has been ineffective and accomplishes nothing. He has brought this country out of a recession that took Bush 8 years to build. He has made great progress on National Health Care, something that has been needed for centuries. President Obama is GETTING IT DONE!

Stay tuned, the best is yet to come from this great President...and don't you critics forget it either.
Stay tuned for the great depression under Obama's watch!
I never feared for America until now!
We have a radical terrorist as a president.
Obama has spend more money than any other president in history!
We are in deeper trouble than ever and our children will suffer
from the mass debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is sick and i can see why we have tea baggers all over
the USA supporting against government takeover!

Old 11-29-2009, 02:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Hate speech is when people call for our president to be murdered, quote Bible verses justifying Obama's murder and orphaning of his children, and eagerly hoping Obama contracts cancer.

I am fearful for our president for very good reason - especially when people start using quotes from the religious text they have chosen to adopt as their truth.

Scary stuff. Sure there are some radicals on the left who wished that on Bush, but very few. It wasn't institutionalized in a propaganda media and through politcians like Palin like it is on the right. Lots o' hate.

who are you kidding????

are those BLINDERS you wear that good???

it was SEVERLY institutionalized against the former president

air america's host Randi Rhodes in May 04 suggested that President Bush be assassinated the way Fredo Corleone was assassinated in The Godfather, Part II.

or air america's Rhodes doing it again, bringing up the kill-Bush idea in a skit aired in May 05.

air america's Al Franken (now a senator) joked about helping alqueada kill bush in 2004

Olbermann said ..... Let's hang Bush and Chenney in the public square

maddow, "someone assasinate Bush now, please"

Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence "I might likely have to punch him - literally."

have you really forgoten, do you think want is happening to the current president, never happened before?????

Let’s review just a few of the Democrat Party tactics: They spent the first four years calling President Bush “illegitimate”, grown men and women in Congress (and the MSM) told Americans everyday that this President STOLE an election, they deliberately fostered hate and fear, knowing it was a lie. Nancy spent the last four years saying nothing but “failure, failure, failure.” It got to the point where Ring Around The Collar was Bush’s fault. She, Obama, and Harry Reid declared the Iraq war LOST, all to score political points and turn Iraq into another Vietnam that the Democrats could run against for another 30 years.

They stole our troops honor in death, and stole their victories. The entire Valerie Plame “scandal” was made up out of whole cloth by the Kerry campaign, in conjunction with David Corn. It planted the “Bush lied” meme that Democrats rode all the way through the 2006 elections. Then they pulled the Dan Rather bull with the fake TANG memos to try to nail George W. Bush. Ray Nagin refused to call a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, left 200 school buses unused, and made no contingency plans for getting people out of the Superdome or the Convention Center after Katrina. But Reid was right there to blame Bush.

Not to mention that after 9/11 ....SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON HOLDING UP A FRONT PAGE OF A NEWSPAPER, ON THE UNITED STATES SENATE FLOOR...SAYING BUSH KNEW! They started websites, made movies, wore T-shirts, ran protests with hanging effigies and Hitler photo shops constantly in order to destroy the President and the Vice President of the United States.

Don’t forget to include about the schools allowing (promoting) the play “How to kill the President” (referring to Pres.Bush).

Oh, Those Peace-Loving New York Liberals!”
14 April 2005

SNIPPET: “Some kind, compassionate, tolerant, pacifist New York liberal(s)* have recently taken to posting George W. Bush shooting targets—complete with simulated bullet holes penetrating various parts of the body—around town. This picture was taken on the west side of Second Avenue, between 72nd and 73rd Streets.”

and let's not forget THE MOVIE "Death of a president"

do you BLUEFLY, actualy think obamy is any different than anyother DC politician...

Old 11-29-2009, 04:48 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
I'm thankful the democrats have backed themselves into a corner with no out. Trillions spent despite poll numbers disagreeing with their ideas. Larger entitlements based on lies to sell it to the people, the few that they have supporting their ideas. It's all one big boobie trap that those supporters will soon find out about. If they wanted to be truly informed they'd look at the cbo report and take note of:

Quote:
NET CHANGES IN THE DEFICIT FROM INSURANCE COVERAGE PROVISIONS
Effects on the Deficit (in billions(
2- 2011
2- 2012 (barely nothing spent as of 2012)
56- 2013 (money starts getting spent)
92- 2014
122- 2015
137- 2016
147- 2017
160- 2018
173- 2019
152- 2010-2014 (notice how little money is spent for four years)
891- 2010-2019 (notice how large of an increase over the entire estimated time period)
&
NET CHANGES IN THE DEFICIT FROM OTHER PROVISIONS AFFECTING REVENUES
Effects on the Deficit of
Changes in Revenues
-39- 2011 (taxes are collected immediately)
-40- 2012 (taxes still being collected and yet services aren't started yet)
-59- 2013 (60 billion for the first three years *used* in services yet 135 billion in taxes collected, in other words you've been duped)
-62- 2014
-65- 2015
-69- 2016
-73- 2017
-80- 2018
-86- 2019
-201- 2010-2014
-574- 2010-2019
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...962Revised.pdf

However I have a feeling it wouldn't matter if they did...

Last edited by BigJon3475; 11-29-2009 at 04:57 AM..

Old 11-29-2009, 06:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:

Those kinds of charges require links, or they're just fabrications and hate filled speech.

A previous post is filled specific examples of those kinds of "wishes" on the left for calamity and catastrophy to descend upon Bush.

Let's see the same for your charges and then we can discuss the rationale, or lack thereof, on both sides.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Smile Thankful today for President Obama!

Me, too. Brighter days are ahead after a decade of miserable "leadership" and failed agendas.

There's a new sheriff in town, boys.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
who are you kidding????

are those BLINDERS you wear that good???
I bought them from Maui Jim's. I think they look sporty.

Quote:
it was SEVERLY institutionalized against the former president

air america's host Randi Rhodes in May 04 suggested that President Bush be assassinated the way Fredo Corleone was assassinated in The Godfather, Part II.

or air america's Rhodes doing it again, bringing up the kill-Bush idea in a skit aired in May 05.

air america's Al Franken (now a senator) joked about helping alqueada kill bush in 2004
Nobody listens to Air America. Liberals do not seek to have their views regurgitated. They tend toward more balanced, dispassionate perspectives, thus why NPR is so popular, MSNBC struggles for viewers, and Air America went into bankruptcy. So, who cares what any of them said?

Quote:
Olbermann said ..... Let's hang Bush and Chenney in the public square

maddow, "someone assasinate Bush now, please"
Link please. I don't find anything linking Maddow to that statement myself. I could see Olbermann saying that, but very doubtful about Maddow out of context.

Quote:
Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence "I might likely have to punch him - literally."
While certainly inappropriate, it was in response to the criminally negligent behavior of the Bush administration and his unqualified appointees regarding Katrina.

According to NewsMax, no doubt a trusted source for you:

"I do not take it back, I don't apologize for it. I said I would punch anybody, including the president," she told the Chicago Tribune.
"Though threatening the president is a crime," the Tribune noted - "the Secret Service took it as a joke and the White House brushed off her remarks."

I'll trust the Secret Service on this one. Still, stupid thing to say.

Quote:
Let’s review just a few of the Democrat Party tactics: They spent the first four years calling President Bush “illegitimate”,
Well, the 2000 election was manipulated and the 2004 election was rigged even worse. Look at the facts. To be fair - there's questions over the legitimacy of JFK's election. Politics are corrupt. If you think your team is fair, you obviously have far better blinders than I.

Quote:
Nancy spent the last four years saying nothing but “failure, failure, failure.”
But Bush was a failed president. There's no dispute on that in any reasonable segments of society in any informed corner of the world. Corruption, lies, manipulation of data... Nonpartisan historians have ranked Bush 36 out of 43. In contrast, Reagan was ranked 6 and Clinton 15. The difference is that people gave Bush a chance - they rallied behind him after 9/11 and he failed to emerge as a wise and strong leader. You all have been calling Obama (not Obamy - please use spell check in the future) a failure since before he was inaugurated. Give him a chance to fail or succeed. Reagan's policies took years to work. So will Obama's.

Quote:
She, Obama, and Harry Reid declared the Iraq war LOST, all to score political points and turn Iraq into another Vietnam that the Democrats could run against for another 30 years.
Well, when lies were used to justify a war of questionable value, the opposition should run on that for 30 years. You can't claim they didn't lie when all the evidence points to the contrary. We were attacked by terrorists in 2001 and Bush took his focus off tracking them down to secure economic interests. Thankfully, Obama's back on their trail.

Quote:
Ray Nagin refused to call a mandatory evacuation of New Orleans, left 200 school buses unused, and made no contingency plans for getting people out of the Superdome or the Convention Center after Katrina. But Reid was right there to blame Bush.
Well, you're clearly just a partisan ideologue. Bush appointed a horse trainer to head FEMA who, during the peak of the Katrina crisis, was flirting with his co-workers and being told to role up his sleeves so it would look like he was working hard on camera.

Of course city and state officials screwed up, but when a natural disaster cripples an entire city and spreads across multiple states, their ability to function is obliterated. A federal emergency must be established and the chain of command has to move up. At the very least, the president needs to come back from vacation or appoint qualified people to handle them. Bush did neither.

Quote:
Not to mention that after 9/11 ....SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON HOLDING UP A FRONT PAGE OF A NEWSPAPER, ON THE UNITED STATES SENATE FLOOR...SAYING BUSH KNEW! They started websites, made movies, wore T-shirts, ran protests with hanging effigies and Hitler photo shops constantly in order to destroy the President and the Vice President of the United States.
The official story remains conflicted. I don't know who knew what, but there are many questions that remain.

Quote:
Don’t forget to include about the schools allowing (promoting) the play “How to kill the President” (referring to Pres.Bush).
Have no idea about this one. Be interested ot see a link about it if it happened.

Quote:
Oh, Those Peace-Loving New York Liberals!”
14 April 2005

SNIPPET: “Some kind, compassionate, tolerant, pacifist New York liberal(s)* have recently taken to posting George W. Bush shooting targets—complete with simulated bullet holes penetrating various parts of the body—around town. This picture was taken on the west side of Second Avenue, between 72nd and 73rd Streets.”
Like I said, there are radicals on all sides who are dangerous. No surprise there.

Quote:
and let's not forget THE MOVIE "Death of a president"
That was not promoting anything. It was a what-if scenario.

Quote:
do you BLUEFLY, actualy think obamy is any different than anyother DC politician...
He's our president who won a legitimate election. That's different in itself.

Last edited by Bluefly; 11-29-2009 at 07:58 AM..

Old 11-29-2009, 08:11 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama stated early on that this was NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Guess he and his beer party summit groupies got this wrong also.
I'm so surprised that you didn't post what he actually said back in April which was, We are closely monitoring the emerging cases of swine flu in the United States. This is obviously a cause for concern and requires a heightened state of alert, but it’s not a cause for alarm.

Guess either your memory or your integrity comes up a little short on this one.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Nobody listens to Air America.
Wait, you just said
Quote:
Reading hate-filled posts on this forum from the far right, I worry.
Your telling me more people listen to "hate filled" postings than "hate filled" Air America, and thats your justification for being very concerned about those on the right, vs the left?

Old 11-29-2009, 08:23 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You could always go here:
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...962Revised.pdf

and see for yourself. They start collecting taxes right away and don't provide benefits till 2013. That should be the definition of disingenuous.
Think of it as saving up for the down payment on a house. There are actual start-up costs in any plan of this scale and there has been much effort put into assuring that potential dislocations are not so sudden or severe as to cause the existing insurance industry and its many workers to be spun off into economic chaos. This plan begins a measured, slow, and gradual process of getting us off of a fatal status quo, moving us toward the type of national health care system that we can actually live with in the long-run, both health-wise and budget-wise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies