Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Well, I know conservatives like their frivolous impeachments, but you actually have to have just cause to impeach - not just policy disagreement. The founding fathers saw people like you coming miles away.

To the larger point, you seem to forget that Reagan's approval ratings dropped below 40% in his first year from the liberal economic mess he inherited. Unemployment peaked 2 1/2 years into his presidency. Liberals at the time were making the EXACT same arguments you all are. They thought they had Reagan in the bag. Still went down as one of the best presidents, no?

You won't believe me, but just watch Obama follow the same trajectory. I'll predict it right now: the economy recovers in about year 3 of Obama's presidency giving him plenty of time to mount a successful re-election campaign based on a track record of success.

Only time will tell, though.
If YOU hadn't noticed.......Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama are NOT the SAME people....and these ain't the freakin 1980's!

NO similar "trajectory" in approval.....awaits THIS POTUS and especially since his agenda and those he has associated himself with.....have ALL been exposed.
for Obama-lovers and worshippers! 1 more, for good measure

Guess what?
A LOT of folks aren't too big on BO's affiliation with ACORN, SEIU, Van Jones and other Mao-worshippers and Communist radicals.
MANY more.....do NOT want anything of his HC "reform" and already know what it REALLY is all about.
HE has LOST......ANY TRUST he may have had....once, with a lot of folks. TRUST has faded....with BOTH parties and the entire Govt. and we ARE BROKE, as a nation....now.

BO....just doesn't hang with the same "types" that 'ol Ronnie Reagan did, you see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 08:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I do believe your credibility just blew out the window. That's a pretty outrageous claim to make.
My credibility with you was already out the window because you believe what you want to believe, even when evidence says your wrong.
Quote:
No economist would EVER support your claim, especially considering it began before Obama took office, had roots going back to the days when Bush adopted a surplus, and is being dealt with in the same way every other country recovering from the collapse is dealing with it.
Who the HELL blamed Obama?
A Global Breakdown Of The Recession In 2009 - Forbes.com
In 2009, Latin American countries will face a significant slowdown in economic growth

Tell me how bush is to blame?

The United Kingdom economy is poised to shrink in 2009.

Tell me how Bush is to blame?

Eastern Europe is set to slow abruptly in 2009.

Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) (ex-Russia) with growth expected to slow to about 2% in 2009, with Ukraine and Kazakhstan being hardest hit by the crisis.

Its a WORLD WIDE recession, NOT a Bush one..

Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If the recession didn't start under Bush, then why did he issue the 2008 stimulus plan? Or did you conveniently forget that factoid?

Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am here when you want to discuss Bush's recession truthfully
I didnt say it didnt start under Bush, I said its not his fault. Its a WORLD WIDE recession, caused by a WORLD WIDE economic collapse.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Who could possibly argue with that?

What ignorance, right?
Right, and you are to ignorant to believe that these cant possibly be individuals from the left who make up signs trying to make the right look bad.

Lets talk about ignorance..

Old 11-29-2009, 08:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right, and you are to ignorant to believe that these cant possibly be individuals from the left who make up signs trying to make the right look bad.

Not this deflection again! Please take some responsibility!

Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,662,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not this deflection again! Please take some responsibility!
I know, right? I am not imaginative enough to make up that stuff. My mind doesn't go there.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:10 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
That must be it.

Quote:
You go first. I insist.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:10 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
I didnt say it didnt start under Bush, I said its not his fault. Its a WORLD WIDE recession, caused by a WORLD WIDE economic collapse.
Yet you have NO problem with blaming it on Obama, right?

Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
If it is, you won't have any problem backing up your claim.
I already did, you just chose to ignore it, but here it goes again..
http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetChartbook/Images/federal-spending_01-850.jpg (broken link)
Quote:
I see your problem. You don't understand the concept of "fact."

For your information, the GOP held both houses of congress from 1994 - 2006.
I see your problem, selective memory.. Democrats took over the Democrats took over the Senate in 2001, not 2006.. See chart above..
Quote:
Fact: Bill Clinton, sleazebag that he was, left office with America at peace and enjoying a good economy. He even left a budget surplus.
He did not leave with a surplus, he left with trick borrowing from the SS budgets to appear like there were surpluses, but if you want to pretend its all Clinton, then 2001 there was a surplus, and imagine the surprise, Bush was president..
Quote:
Fact: George Bush left office with two mismanaged unresolved middle east quagmires and the worst recession in several generations. To top it off, he had plunged the nation into record debt.
Who has denied that Bush left office with two wars going on? Thats kinda his job, a job Obama asked for. The Worse recession, possibly, but what did BUSH do to cause it? Record debt, I think you need to look above, and then again reply..
Quote:
No wonder you Bushies are so eager to try to shift attention towards Obama in an effort to deflect blame for Bush's ruinous term of office.
When did I blame Bush? No wonder you guys keep blaming Bush on topics relating to Obama, because you cant point out Obamas accomplishments and need to deflect?
Quote:
Consider this; without the mind-numbing incompetence and cronyism of the Bush years, Obama would still be a state senator in Illinois.
So you are saying that if it wasnt for the "incompetent" Bush years, Obama wouldnt have been able to accomplish becoming president? That speaks louder than anything I could have said because if an Obama supporter cant support him based upon his own accomplishments, then who am I to argue?
Quote:
Your "truth" obviously isn't connected with any current reality.
You get your news from pretty little liberal pictures? That explains so much..

Old 11-29-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Huh? I'm not sure what you mean. I was merely saying that much of the rise in the deficit is attributable to the November 2008 financial collapse.
Wrong, much of the deficit is due to how the financial collapse was handled. There were much better, and least costly ways to handle it. Ringing up debt was just one of the ways, and we all see how effective that result was..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies