Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Somehow it seems that Obama said in his speech the other night that he wanted to do nearly everything that was done wrong in iraq. He failed to see that the Surge of Petraeus did the trick and wants to go back to earlier days. I wonder if he really wants to win. He never did say anything about winning the other night.

Strikingly, Obama’s Afghan Strategy Manages to Repeat Almost Every Single Mistake Made in Iraq - Jeff_Emanuel’s blog - RedState
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 02:02 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,078,382 times
Deployment hasn't even started and it's being deemed a failure already. Me thinks I know somebody who makes me "wonder if they really want to win".

Old 12-04-2009, 02:31 PM

731 posts, read 776,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Deployment hasn't even started and it's being deemed a failure already. Me thinks I know somebody who makes me "wonder if they really want to win".
This surge would fail and he will not withdraw his troops on time.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Roy, how'd you feel when Bush was president. You never once complained about the war then.
You silly.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:50 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,819 times
A friend of mine lives and Pakistan.
He sent me this story:
Terrorism against Islam - Rawalpindi Blast

It is about the recent attack on a Mosque, killing 36...17 of which were children!
Quote:
The attacks on mosques cannot be carried out by the Muslims, which mean there are some hidden hands which are busy in destabilization of Islamic nuke power. Let’s find out which are those elements that are fanning terrorism against Islam.
The current attacks came just after U.S. President Barack Obama announcement of increasing troops and dramatic escalation from Afghanistan in next eighteen months. Pakistan has already shown her concern over likely deployment of American troops in Afghanistan. Islamabad fear seems to be genuine since President Obama has not said anything over Indian interference in the area. Pakistan authority has already shown Indian involvement proves to CIA chief during his recent visit to the country. In fact India is busy in sabotaging Pakistan Security Forces victory against terrorism.
On December 3, 2009 foreign office spokesman Mr. Abdul Basit very clearly stated that India is launching and supporting militancy in Pakistan. He also mentioned that proofs of Indian involvement in Balochistan and FATA would be disclosed at appropriate time. Pak Interior Minister and Pak army spokesman have already disclosed that Indian arms, medical equipments have been captured during the current operation against militants in Waziristan. Thus, it would be taken as fact that militants are being trained and supported by some foreign hands.
It sure made me scratch my head in wonder...

Old 12-04-2009, 06:43 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i thought this was interesting:

Afghanistan has become a bleeding wound for USA which is draining its military as well as financial strength. They are stuck there. The oil and gas they wanted to get out of Central Asia through Afghanistan and Pakistan is proving to be very expensive for them. They can't even get out of there now. America is also supporting Israel against Arabs. Thus her economy is continuously depleting. She wants to leave the region while leaving behind India as her watchdog. But India has to visualize that what will happen to her once USA leaves the region. The Indian camps located in Afghanistan would be converted into their graveyard after departure of her master.

we certainly know what happened when we escalated and then pulled out of vietnam.

Last edited by floridasandy; 12-04-2009 at 06:54 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 06:48 PM

346 posts, read 408,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Somehow it seems that Obama said in his speech the other night that he wanted to do nearly everything that was done wrong in iraq. He failed to see that the Surge of Petraeus did the trick and wants to go back to earlier days. I wonder if he really wants to win. He never did say anything about winning the other night.

Strikingly, Obama’s Afghan Strategy Manages to Repeat Almost Every Single Mistake Made in Iraq - Jeff_Emanuel’s blog - RedState
Well roy I was all for the upping of troops as that is what the military folks wanted. I was actually glad I had something to agree with the great Obama on but then he added his withdrawl date. Well what the hell is the point if your just gonna pull out in a couple years on a certain date? Hell may as well get out now and save the lives of folks for the next couple years. Left handers will never know how to fight a war that's for sure bunch of idiots is all they are.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:52 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Great! Right after we're done comparing Iraq with Afghanistan we can start with apples vs oranges, peanuts vs cashews, whiskey vs gin, etc., etc., etc....................................

Because we all know a country with a strong central government controlling an organized military is just like a region controlled by tribal factions, right?

Old 12-04-2009, 06:56 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
i agree that you can't set an end date on a war, because you don't know who else might choose to get involved. in we are willing to get one american killed for this, then we should go all out otherwise we will just be getting our soldiers picked off, as we are now, with no "victory" in sight.

is anybody willing to answer the question of why are we even talking about "terrorism" as it affects us if we are not even going to bother to protect our own borders?

Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

A big difference is that Obama did not attack the wrong country. Second big difference is that he is focussed in containing terrorists in their most productive area - which also has drugs and a nuclear neighbor in its mix. OK, we (Dems/Reps) do not have the guts to stand up against Saudis who indirectly funded some of the training camps , but moving out of Afghanistan just plain tells the world we are a bunch of pu$$ies and attacks on us are just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
A friend of mine lives and Pakistan.
He sent me this story:
Terrorism against Islam - Rawalpindi Blast

It is about the recent attack on a Mosque, killing 36...17 of which were children!

It sure made me scratch my head in wonder...
No kidding - anti-Indian message from a friend in Pakistan? Pakistanis have been openly supporting terrorists against India - ask your friend what the govt there is doing to contain terrorists that are regularly snaked into India and result in Mumbai-type attacks. The pakistanis are starting to get a taste of their own medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies