Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM

366 posts, read 297,793 times

Advertisements

I like to give credit where credit is due, and the Obama Administration, among two Democrat Senators, are backing this courageous man in his fight to fly the flag despite his stupid HOA.

Obama spokesman backs war hero in flag flying dispute (http://www.examiner.com/x-31965-Military-Headlines-Examiner%7Ey2009m12d8-Obama-spokesman-backs-war-hero-in-flag-flying-dispute - broken link)

Quote:
Yesterday, Obama Administration press secretary Robert Gibbs said it's “silly” to not allow Barfoot to fly the flag. Gibbs said during a briefing that he hasn’t spoken directly to President Obama about the flap. But he said “the president believes — I think all of us believe — that the very least we can do is show our gratitude and thanks to somebody that served our country so admirably.”
Other supporters include U.S. Sens. Mark R. Warner and Jim Webb, both Virginia Democrats. They and veterans groups have rallied behind Barfoot, who was awarded the Medal of Honor in 1944 for wartime actions that include using a bazooka to stop three German tanks from advancing.
Thank you Mr. President for recognizing this man's courageous acts.

BTW, I am a conservative.

Last edited by free_food; 12-08-2009 at 06:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:00 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,581,372 times
OH MY GAWD!

A conservative....saying....something GOOD about Obama....and not trying to find SOMETHING in it to smear him some more....

You have impressed me. I am going to give you a rep point.

+1

Old 12-08-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
OH MY GAWD!

A conservative....saying....something GOOD about Obama....and not trying to find SOMETHING in it to smear him some more....

You have impressed me. I am going to give you a rep point.

+1
Like you Liberalvoice, I try to find the good in things and call 'em out whenever possible friend. I'll never smear our President. Disagree yes... I think you and I both realize that this won't stay on top for very long, it's not bad news with a lot of political bias, lol....

Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,993 times
Default Maybe we can start a trend here

Quote:
A conservative....saying....something GOOD about Obama....
It's nice to hear Obama stick up for a veteran.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,581,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
Like you Liberalvoice, I try to find the good in things and call 'em out whenever possible friend. I'll never smear our President. Disagree yes...
Exactly. I disagree with Palin and GOP on a lot but all this smearing on her has got out of control as well.

SO when are you taking me out to eat, friend? It is dinner time.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I like to give credit where credit is due, and the Obama Administration, among two Democrat Senators, are backing this courageous man in his fight to fly the flag despite his stupid HOA.

Obama spokesman backs war hero in flag flying dispute (http://www.examiner.com/x-31965-Military-Headlines-Examiner%7Ey2009m12d8-Obama-spokesman-backs-war-hero-in-flag-flying-dispute - broken link)

Thank you Mr. President for recognizing this man's courageous acts.

BTW, I am a conservative.
The HOA is not stupid. It is simply enforcing the rules that ALL residents agreed to when they moved into the HOA. That is why we have HOAs. If people don't like the rules, they can either change them via the HOA elections or they can move into a neighbourhood that does not have an HOA.
It is not the HOA's job to say "oh, well veterans can break the rules but everybody else has to follow them". If the rule is that unpopular or that bad, then they should dump the rule and not make exceptions. All residents should expect equal treatment. If it is OK for him to fly a flag in his yard, everybody else should be allowed to do likewise.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,037,486 times
HOA' s are a stupid idea.in most you cant even hang the wash

Old 12-08-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I disagree with Palin and GOP on a lot but all this smearing on her has got out of control as well.

SO when are you taking me out to eat, friend? It is dinner time.
It's THAT time of the year when we over indulge! If I'm ever in your area you are GUARANTEED a nice dinner LV. I travel a lot and all you have to do is send me a message when I'm in your area.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,782,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
HOA' s are a stupid idea.in most you cant even hang the wash
You mean like outdoors?? Your underwear dangling on a clothes line??? This is not the 1960's anymore. You are expected to have a dryer. And not only do most HOAs outlaw that but many towns and cities do as well. Even trailer parks!

Old 12-08-2009, 07:44 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,037,486 times
gee wiz. everybody touting solar power and then making you use a 220 volt dryer powered from a coal plant. thats as stupid as a HOA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies