Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let me make it real simple for you

1-I dont support ceos getting bonuses with taxpayers money or till they pay back the amount they got from the taxpayers.
2-I dont support federal employees getting one now either.

Is that simple enough for ya? Ken

You on the other hand support federal employees getting a raise but not a ceo of getting a bonus with taxpayer money.

You act like the federal gov hasnt failed like the company that we had to bailout, Have you seen the amount of debt this country is in? Is this countrys books in the red or black?
The difference is - it's not the Federal Employees' fault the country is running a deficit - whereas the CEO is the one responsible for the fate of the company. The fact is, the deficit was being paid DOWN before that idiot GW was put in the White House - now we're stuck with mess and until the economy is brought back we have no choice but to run in the red.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
Yay federal workers. They do more than push paper. Some of them provide support to our military. Why shouldn't they get a raise?
They deserve the raises because with the recent layoffs, a lot of the remaining employees had to either double or triple their duties.

I have a relative who works for the government & she said that luckily, she was not one of the ones laid off but she also said it caused more stress on her because her workload has become much larger than before.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
So basically, to justify the feds getting a raise, they pay attention to HALF the facts that justify their raise... and ignore all of the people on the unemployment roles.

How convenient.
As opposed to those that pay attention to only the OTHER HALF of the facts to justify their denial of a raise?

Even unemployment pay was given a raise - PLUS several extensions.
In addition, the first $2,400 of benefits has been made tax exempt.

First $2,400 of Unemployment Benefits Tax Free for 2009 (http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=205633,00.html - broken link)

Ken

Old 12-09-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
This is the faied argument of the tax and spend liberals.

So basically, you want the average joe to pick up the tab of 15 billion, to pay the pay increases, and your justification is "then people will get it back when it is infused into the economy".

That is like saying "hey, give me 5 bucks before you go mow my lawn so I can pay you 5 bucks when your finished". Awesome deal.

The problem many tax and spend people have is that they can't comprehend that the government has no money that is their own. All of the money they have to stimulate the economy was taken from the economy. Its moving money around with some people benefiting while others sacrifice while being told a terrible lie. Smoke and mirrors.

I work in the private sector, and for the last 2 years, I have gotten a 0% raise. So much for that non-sense of average 8-10% raises for the private sector BS.
YOU need to find another place to work when the recession is over.
Your company s*cks - either that or you simply do a lousy job.

Ken

Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The difference is - it's not the Federal Employees' fault the country is running a deficit - whereas the CEO is the one responsible for the fate of the company. The fact is, the deficit was being paid DOWN before that idiot GW was put in the White House - now we're stuck with mess and until the economy is brought back we have no choice but to run in the red.

Ken

So when we are running in the red should people really be getting a raise? No they shouldnt. If your company/Gov is running in the red NO ONE should get a raise. Really shouldnt get one when the cost of living hasnt increased

Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:

Ken
Yes its easy to go and find another job thats why we have the unemployment rate we do. We increased the amount of time people can collect unemployment because there is just so many jobs out there someone that has one can quit

Old 12-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Yes - it means they laid people (gee THAT'S a surprise in a recession) - but the remaining people STILL GOT RAISES ("Employers to Decrease Salary Budgets But Still Plan to Give Raises")

Ken
You admit that someone had to lose their job in order for someone else to get a raise. And you wanna brag about that really?

You really wanna try and use that? Are Federal Employees losing jobs to support someone else getting a raise? NOPE

Old 12-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
You admit that someone had to lose their job in order for someone else to get a raise. And you wanna brag about that really?

You really wanna try and use that? Are Federal Employees losing jobs to support someone else getting a raise? NOPE
Who's bragging about it?
Not me.
I'm simply stating the fact that MOST workers are STILL getting raises - and THAT'S a FACT.

Should they be getting raises when other people in THEIR company are being laid off? Maybe not - but THAT is a decision the managers of those PRIVATE companies made - and it has nothing to do with whether or not Federal Employees get raises or not so your argument is total nonsense.

Ken

Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yes its easy to go and find another job thats why we have the unemployment rate we do.

Just more proof you cannot read - I specifically wrote "...when the recession is OVER".

See for yourself:

Quote:

Ken

Ken

Old 12-09-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
So when we are running in the red should people really be getting a raise? No they shouldnt. If your company/Gov is running in the red NO ONE should get a raise. Really shouldnt get one when the cost of living hasnt increased
When the country is in recession that's all the more REASON to give Federal Employees a raise. When no one else is spending it's up to the Federal Government to do so. The fact that the government is in the red is unfortunate, but that's the way it is. When the economy recovers THEN the deficit needs to be dealt with - NOT in the midst of major recession.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies