Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 10:02 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,001,251 times

Advertisements

I'm sick (pun intended) of this silly play on words. Let's be clear. The law that is about to be signed was written by and for insurance companies.

Here's the battle. Insurance company execs and administrative costs are pitted againsts hospitals and doctors who are pitted against taxpayers.

The current plan seeks to address health care yet the reform is oriented towards those who have paid into the health care reserves, yes that means insurance.

My pitiful family and my hard earned ability to be able to afford insurance and what do I get.... disincentives.

I am so sick of a government that rewards the rich for their accomplishment yet deprives me of the benefit of my work.

You want to tax my health insurance... here's what I got in mind.

I will no longer fund your government with a tax refund that is due and payable come April 15th. Instead you will have to wait for your money.

I will opt for the lowest level of health insurance available. I will seek health care from providers who are willing to take less and provide more service. The doctor who can't seem to address more than one health care issue at a time will no longer be paid by me.

I am thinking I want the same coverage that my so called elected officials seem fit to declare for themselves. Otherwise I am not funding any health insurance reserve for the benefit of someone who hasn't paid during their lifetime.

Just want to make clear that I am not about denying health care to anyone who needs it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 10:09 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,469,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
I'm sick (pun intended) of this silly play on words. Let's be clear. The law that is about to be signed was written by and for insurance companies.

Here's the battle. Insurance company execs and administrative costs are pitted againsts hospitals and doctors who are pitted against taxpayers.

The current plan seeks to address health care yet the reform is oriented towards those who have paid into the health care reserves, yes that means insurance.

My pitiful family and my hard earned ability to be able to afford insurance and what do I get.... disincentives.

I am so sick of a government that rewards the rich for their accomplishment yet deprives me of the benefit of my work.

You want to tax my health insurance... here's what I got in mind.

I will no longer fund your government with a tax refund that is due and payable come April 15th. Instead you will have to wait for your money.

I will opt for the lowest level of health insurance available. I will seek health care from providers who are willing to take less and provide more service. The doctor who can't seem to address more than one health care issue at a time will no longer be paid by me.

I am thinking I want the same coverage that my so called elected officials seem fit to declare for themselves. Otherwise I am not funding any health insurance reserve for the benefit of someone who hasn't paid during their lifetime.

Just want to make clear that I am not about denying health care to anyone who needs it.
Well that is just fine by me, incase any one asks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies