Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 07:25 PM

40,996 posts, read 49,412,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Fortunately, the attitudes expressed on forums such as CD does not reflect the attitudes of a majority of Americans. If they did, Obama would have never been selected as president. It is true that these ignorant attitudes haven't completely died down yet but what you see on here are those supremacists gasping at straws as they know they are losing this battle.
Probably 97% of the people in the US are pretty well adjusted to race, sexuality and accepting of all our differences.

It's a portion of the 3% thats leftover who can come on a forum like this, throw insults and make you think there is a large group for whom they speak.

You can almost always tell the age of someone when they can't reason or communicate but just insult and call names.

For example

Quote:
White guys with small wee wees do not like thinking of black ones reaching places they can only dream of.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,070,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I am not black and as such do not identify with black culture, but do I feel that blacks themselves should embrace their own culture, history, and traditions? Absolutely. More pride in the black community will lead to less arbitrary blaming of whitey. Bill Cosby has essentially said as much.

If someone is of German and Italian descent, it is up to them which traditions they want to take from both cultures and to what extent. That's for another discussion.

I'm not sure what you mean by intermingle? I have quite a few friends of different backgrounds. Several white, one of a mixed Celtic and Eastern European-Jewish background, one of Mediterranean/Hispanic descent, a few Koreans who have seen themselves integrated into white families over the years, etc. As for marriage? No, I believe that is wrong, but it's a personal decision.

I always try to educate and am quite proud of my own heritage.
What exactly is your "heritage"? I'm sure you have mixed ancestry as there are very few folks that are "pure breeds" these days.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM

22,239 posts, read 19,551,406 times
Quote:
That is my belief, my choice, my preference, and none of your concern.

If anyone thinks race is ever going to disappear from the arena of debate, whether scientific or cultural, they are delusional.

The fact you put race on the same importance as how someone treats her or the character of that person is scary. Btw, not that it would, but if a ban on interracial marriage came up to a vote, how would you vote on it?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:34 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,647,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
What exactly is your "heritage"? I'm sure you have mixed ancestry as there are very few folks that are "pure breeds" these days.
How lovely of you take an interest. I am of Italian, German, and Polish stock. And before you ask, I do quite a bit to preserve the traditions of my ancestors, from everything in the realm of culinary arts to linguistics.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:35 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,647,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The fact you put race on the same importance as how someone treats her or the character of that person is scary. Btw, not that it would, but if a ban on interracial marriage came up to a vote, how would you vote on it?
I stated that race is a big factor. I of course would not welcome someone who was abusive, a habitual drug user, of otherwise poor moral or mental character, etc., no matter the race.

I will answer your question honestly.

I would vote in favor of the ban, but I do not see this coming up to a vote.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:40 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,077,309 times
Quote:
I stated that race is a big factor. I of course would not welcome someone who was abusive, a habitual drug user, of otherwise poor moral or mental character, etc., no matter the race.

And that is a good thing.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:

If you would actually vote for a ban on interracial marriage that indeed makes you a racist. Its one thing and disgusting enough that you put race on the same level in importance as the character of the person your daughter is dating. Its beyond the pale that you think no one should be allowed to marry outside of their race.

Would your daughter be kicked out of the house if she was dating a black man? Would you disown her if she married outside of her race?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
And that is a good thing.
The sad thing is, it was technically illegal in Alabama till 2000 (though thankfully not enforced), and even sadder 40% who voted chose to keep the ban in place.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,077,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The sad thing is, it was technically illegal in Alabama till 2000 (though thankfully not enforced), and even sadder 40% who voted chose to keep the ban in place.
Wasn't there another state that still made it illegal after 1967?

Old 12-13-2009, 07:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,070,646 times
Quote:
How lovely of you take an interest. I am of Italian, German, and Polish stock. And before you ask, I do quite a bit to preserve the traditions of my ancestors, from everything in the realm of culinary arts to linguistics.
So you are of mixed ancestry. No different than someone like Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies