Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 10:28 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Can you imagine the interest. Plus the rate would be so high with that term.
Its like financing a home over 30 years. Its very common, but just crazy to do..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 11:05 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Retail Sales in U.S Increase More Than Forecast (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Sales at U.S. retailers rose more than forecast in November, a sign consumer spending is gathering speed heading into 2010
Yup - pretty good news today - both consumer sentiment AND spending up a bit.

Ken

Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The method of payment is meaningless to the thread (and yes, this is directed towards both of you, I only replied to you directly because its your thread and you are allowing it to be hijacked by a meaningless point).
I don't mind talking about MOPs, but if you think its meaningless, then why join at all?

PS: You are off topic talking about us being off topic?

Old 12-11-2009, 11:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
I don't mind talking about MOPs, but if you think its meaningless, then why join at all?
Well, from my perspective, the fact that retail sales up is the predominant point of the thead. I'm just wondering why you would want to sway to another topic, i.e. method of payment to distract from the fact that sales are up better than expected, a very valuable point to discuss. Its almost like you guys talking about how wonderful Obama is, because you have to bring up Bush.. If the point is to discuss retail sales, then indeed this positive news would/should stand by its own fact regardless as to how it was paid for.
Quote:
PS: You are off topic talking about us being off topic?
yes, yes I am..

Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its almost like you guys talking about how wonderful Obama is, because you have to bring up Bush..
eeehh...you're the only one here to mention either president..

Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
LOL

Retail sales are the only ammunition liberals have as proof that Democrats have the answers? Because nothing else, including the proposed healthcare reform bill, is popular among the constituency.
A rising economy lifts all voters.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Congrats! Unfortunately, you're in an extreme minority. While buying my girlfriend a $20 present this year (because I'm actually walking the walk rather than just talking the talk), I noticed quite a few swipes at the electronics section for big ticket items. In fact, they were ALL swipes. My anonymous internet anecdotal evidence trumps yours!
That doesn't mean they were credit. Millions of people hold pre paid Visa cards and debit cards.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:08 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Someone failed to mention that the credit card industry just announced that a record number of credit cards are now over the limits.

Another liberal FORECAST!!!!

Obama did FORECAST 5 million new jobs, so since you love FORECAST how about telling us why we are not 9 million jobs in the hole according to those same FORECASTING METHODS.

Gosh is this all the liberals got to be happy about? A measly normal spending spree that was under forecast to begin with?

Yup, and unemployment was never going to go above 8% either.

How many boats to China does a liberal want anyway?

Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Someone failed to mention that the credit card industry just announced that a record number of credit cards are now over the limits.

Another liberal FORECAST!!!!

Obama did FORECAST 5 million new jobs, so since you love FORECAST how about telling us why we are not 9 million jobs in the hole according to those same FORECASTING METHODS.

Gosh is this all the liberals got to be happy about? A measly normal spending spree that was under forecast to begin with?

Yup, and unemployment was never going to go above 8% either.

How many boats to China does a liberal want anyway?
Yup, quite a mess "Junior" left for Obama, that's for sure.
Good thing the number of monthly layoffs - which was 741,000 in the month GW walked out the door - has gone down every single month (except 1) since that time - and has now declined to 11,000 last month. From nearly THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION down to 11,000 - and within a couple of months (maybe even less ) that's going to start reflecting monthly GAINS in jobs.

How's your math Sunny?
Not too good I suspect - so, I'll do it FOR YOU: That's a 97.6% REDUCTION in monthly layoffs from what "Junior" left him with.

Got that? a 97.6% REDUCTION

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 12-11-2009 at 10:10 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 10:40 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,281,295 times
Must be Obama's fault. Oh wait. I forgot. He doesn't get credit. That goes to Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies