Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:17 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm absolutely stunned by the ignorance demonstrated in this post.
I'm stunned by ignorance of the reply just prior to yours, as well as your own.

Believing God is ignorant? Denial of the truth of God is what is ignorant. Because God has made himself known to man.

Romans 1:18
18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities — his eternal power and divine nature — have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Having knowledge is not ignorance. Lack of knowledge is ignorance.

It might behoove you to read Romans chapter 1. You might learn something. At least you might learn why we believe what we do.

Or are you going to try to tell me that there is no wickedness in the world? Please. Everything is sweetness and light, right? Then what was that on 9/11?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 04:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Not to mention what it has to do with the string.
Perhaps you didn't read the first post in the thread, which contained this comment:

Quote:
My view of the people of faith who prescribe to one of the four religions who worship the same God as hypocrites. Islam/Muslims are by far the most hypocritical. The CNN story enforces that attitude with little doubt.
That is what it has to do with in this thread.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:43 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I've often wondered why there aren't huge outcries from moderate mainstream muslims denouncing all terrorist acts committed in the name of Islam. Maybe it is a cultural thing that westerners just don't comprehend. I don't know.

Seems to me it would be in the best interest of moderate muslims to educate the western world about the peaceful nature of their religion and state that the actions of terrorists do not represent mainstream followers of Islam.

I often hear reports that it is the "duty" of all muslims to wage jihad against the infidels and non-believers, but I rarely hear the conflicting argument. I think this is one of the main reasons people view the religion of Islam with skepticism. That, and the fact that their prophet engaged in polygamy, even with brides as young as 6-7. "Aisha was six or seven years old when betrothed to Muhammad. She stayed in her parents' home until the age of nine, when the marriage was consummated in Medina".

There is a lot of negative press given to the religion of Islam, and understandably so. It would be nice see followers of that religion give the opposing viewpoint and denounce the fanatics that have hijacked their religion.

That's the part I get tired of hearing. Why do you assume that it was hijacked. When has it ever been "peaceful"???

Muhammed was pedophile for crying out loud!!

Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Sarge they are just as American as you and they don't have any duty to protest any more than you do. The fact that they share a religion with a nut who twists their religion is no more their responsiblity than yours.

He was a male you know?.....Why don't you travel to Temple Tx on behalf of males and protest the murders on behalf of civilized Gentlemen like ourselves?
That is just a moronic statement. The terrorist attacks were not done in the name of MALES. They were committed in the name of Islam, a supposed peaceful religion (and yes, founded by a pedophile lest we forget that).

And let's not forget the protests and cries heard around the world when some Danish editor published cartoons of Muhammed. HUGE protests erupted and people were murdered because of this, yet where is the outcry from 9/11 and subsequent terrorist attacks? Where was it? Oh right, I'm too uneducated and ignorant to sift through pages upon pages of drivel on the internet to find it. Maybe because it's nonexistent?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
There is a link if you look. Within the link there are many many other links to both notable and obscure people and Muslim organizations denouncing terrorism. Not my fault you can't read or it didn't qualify as satisfactory set of criteria to make it believable to you. You see the thing is, mainstream media in America isn't going to show you some cleric in Jordan denouncing terrorism, it is too busy covering balloon boy, Britney sells hair on eBay, and Tiger Woods affairs to bother with such trivial things as that.

This part is just beautiful! Cracking me up to no end...

Some meager statement issued by some Muslim society somewhere - meaningless. By your own admission, even if they did denounce terrorism it would be meaningless, after all that meager society only consist of 1.5 billion people.
And of those 1.5 billion, maybe 500K (my number) object to radical Islam? Sorry the ratio of 1.5billion to 500K looks pretty meager. Can you come up with a number of Muslims who actively and openly object to radical Islam? I'm not talking about signing a petition or telling the chairman of their neighborhood organization. I mean telling, that is openly telling radicals in their churches their preachings are wrong?

Old 12-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
That is just a moronic statement. The terrorist attacks were not done in the name of MALES. They were committed in the name of Islam, a supposed peaceful religion (and yes, founded by a pedophile lest we forget that).

And let's not forget the protests and cries heard around the world when some Danish editor published cartoons of Muhammed. HUGE protests erupted and people were murdered because of this, yet where is the outcry from 9/11 and subsequent terrorist attacks? Where was it? Oh right, I'm too uneducated and ignorant to sift through pages upon pages of drivel on the internet to find it. Maybe because it's nonexistent?
And death was prescribed, overwhelmingly, for the infidels who authored the picture(s).

Have we forgotten the death sentence for Simon Rushky (sp?)? A piece written supposedly criticizing Islam but, reportedly, not read by the critics.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:18 AM

The Danish cartoon.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:24 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Funny how our media refused to print those cartoons (I mean CARTOONS for crap's sake), but makes no qualms about printing hateful stuff targeted at every other major religion. Freedom of the press and freedom of speech only apply when printing offensive stuff about religions other than Islam. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies