Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 07:02 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Do you honestly think the Democrats will not pass a bill? I certainly do believe that the Repubs have principled opinions, many of which I agree with. I just wish they had engaged in the compromise process, instead of the complete Party resistance to any reform.

They will pass anything that is titled health care, they are utterly unconcerned by what it contains. They have no principles, they just keep back tracking, no single payer, abortion restrictions. Yeah they may pass something but it will probably be as meaningful as what they achieved in Copenhagen.

Republicans offered tort reform, selling insurance across state lines, insurance coops all which were summarily dismissed by the Dems. Even now they are drafting this mess behind closed doors. Whatever happened to transparency?

Last edited by shorebaby; 12-18-2009 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 07:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Just so I understand...

Democrats denying funding for troops is a bad thing.

Republicans denying funding for troops is okay, because they must have a good reason.

Do I have that right? I confess I often have trouble with double standards.
Actually, I'm waiting for a dem to get up to the podium and state that the obstructioists are un-American like the Republicans did when democrats spoke out about funding Iraq war, when you know who was running the show. That would be appropriate.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:23 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They will pass anything that is titled health care, they are utterly unconcerned by what it contains. They have no principles, they just keep back tracking, no single payer, abortion restrictions. Yeah they may pass something but it will probably be as meaningful as what they achieved in Copenhagen.

Republicans offered tort reform, selling insurance across state lines, insurance coops all which were summarily dismissed by the Dems. Even now they are drafting this mess behind closed doors. Whatever happened to transparency?
Those are some of the things that needed to be hashed out. But, the Repubs offered those items and some others, but refused to work toward any compromise. Basically, it was their way or the highway. Is it a wonder why the Dems went down the road without them?

Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Those are some of the things that needed to be hashed out. But, the Repubs offered those items and some others, but refused to work toward any compromise. Basically, it was their way or the highway. Is it a wonder why the Dems went down the road without them?

That is clearly untrue. The only option the Republicans have left is obstruction. This thing is being hashed out behind closed doors they have no interest in Republicans signing onto this thing. They have even given up on left leaning Republicans Snow and Collins. This thing is clearly a mess botht he left AND the right are unified on this point. Flush this thing and start over.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:57 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Why are the dems so worried about this, most you all under minded and trashed them for the last 6 years.

Ask the treasonous dem leader Jack Murtha who said they were cold blooded killers.

Nothing the rep do can ever stand up to the anti troop rants of the demo-commi party for the last 6 years.

Most the dems should be ashamed of themselves for what you have done to the troops that are at war.

Remember the DAILY body counts by the dems for years? Seems like the dems were jumping for joy to see the body count go up.

All of a sudden you are not even talking about it.

The dems will pay for what they are doing to this country, in the end Obama was the perfect solution added with this group of idiots to finally end liberalism in America.

Maybe once we get rid of the liberals way of thinking maybe we can get America back on track again.

Obama, voted for troops funding in 2004, then when he decided to run for office he voted against it so he would not have to say he was for the war. What a hypocrite the moron is and you have to nerve to even say something now.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:12 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why are the dems so worried about this, most you all under minded and trashed them for the last 6 years.

Ask the treasonous dem leader Jack Murtha who said they were cold blooded killers.

Nothing the rep do can ever stand up to the anti troop rants of the demo-commi party for the last 6 years.

Most the dems should be ashamed of themselves for what you have done to the troops that are at war.

Remember the DAILY body counts by the dems for years? Seems like the dems were jumping for joy to see the body count go up.

The dems will pay for what they are doing to this country, in the end Obama was the perfect solution added with this group of idiots to finally end liberalism in America.

Maybe once we get rid of the liberals way of thinking maybe we can get America back on track again.

Obama, voted for troops funding in 2004, then when he decided to run for office he voted against it so he would not have to say he was for the war. What a hypocrite the moron is and you have to nerve to even say something now.
You sound very, very unhappy.
Ever considered moving to Canada? or even Mexico?

Old 12-19-2009, 05:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Of course there are only a handful of, to be generous, troubled souls, who believe the republicans are anti military.
I am afraid that their actions prove that they are indeed anti-military. Or is it that they simply don't care one way or the other? We can only pray that the Lord will take out the venom form their hearts and give them the wisdom they need to do the right thing and give the troops what they need.

Quote:
It took God knows how many post to pull out of you the fact that you are a Chick Baldwin supporter. You could have spared us wasted time by being up front about it. Of course I know why you would be embarrassed to state it up front. We understand
No, not embarrassed at all, and I answered as soon as you asked, and I have stated it many times before on this forum. If I was a Republican, I would be embarrassed today.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
The Repubs just want to stop any movement by the Senate on Healthcare.
Sounds like you are saying they are using the troops as pawns in their partisan games.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

It's not the Dems that are worried about the Repub lack of involvement, it's the American people who are worried about it. It's the absence of representation that is of concern. You obviously have opinions as to what should and should not be in the bill. Presumably the Repubs would be your voice in the process. You should be angry that they are not representing you.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I certainly do believe that the Repubs have principled opinions, many of which I agree with. I just wish they had engaged in the compromise process, instead of the complete Party resistance to any reform.
They say they have principles, like always supporting the troops, but principles are meaningful only if you stand by them. However, their principles fly in the trash can as soon as it is necessary to win a political game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies