Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:36 PM

971 posts, read 1,295,358 times

Advertisements

The WSJ/NBC polls are the only ones that really seem close on this issue. This one does show a slight plurality opposing it. They do this poll every month or so. Almost all of them show more support for a public option than oppose it (including the current ones - the one you link is from August).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Poll: Floridians oppose public option for healthcare - Florida - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/story/1308703.html - broken link)
I could care less about what a small area of the US thinks.

Did you read this one? It says 61% approve of the public option.

This poll is irrelavent. It didn't ask about the public option.

A Fabrizio McLaughlin poll from biggovernment.com??? I gonna believe that about 0%.

Again, did you read this one? It says 55% approve of the public option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
"No one" is a big statement.

I can find video clips of 0bama and prominent democrats who not only want a federally run single payer health care system, but think that the "public option" is the first, best step in achieving it. I'm against it because I seriously doubt the greedy, special interest, lobbyist loving, do-anything-to-get-reelected politicians could run a universal healthcare system without running our health care system, and us, into the ground.
Just because it's what they "want" doesn't mean they're proposing it. I wish politicians would live up to their true convictions. What I want IS a nationalized health insurance, single-payer system. I'd jump for joy if that were actually on the table.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:43 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan

RCP average:

For: 37.9
Against: 51.6

Move along.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:47 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
The WSJ/NBC polls are the only ones that really seem close on this issue. This one does show a slight plurality opposing it. They do this poll every month or so. Almost all of them show more support for a public option than oppose it (including the current ones - the one you link is from August).

I could care less about what a small area of the US thinks.
How do i know where you live, Florida is a big state.

You said "Every poll" which was too broad a statement to let go by, so i just did a quick Google and did a quick cut and paste.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Do you people not read?

Asking someone if he or she agrees with the democrat's plan is not the same as asking if he or she is in favor of a public option.

Here's a true example: I disapprove of the democrat's plan, but I approve of a public option.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
How do i know where you live, Florida is a big state.

You said "Every poll" which was too broad a statement to let go by, so i just did a quick Google and did a quick cut and paste.
Oh come on. I obviously meant national polls of public opinion. I'm sure every single poll of register republicans will show huge disapproval of the public option. Why didn't you link to some of those?

Old 12-18-2009, 03:56 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Yes, I know. You'd like nothing more than to have a poll that ask people if they'd like to have "free" health care. Right after that question they should ask, "Are you in favor of "free" health care that will bankrupt the nation faster than the already "free" or "low cost" plan is already doing?"

Old 12-18-2009, 04:09 PM

4,829 posts, read 6,933,584 times
The poll that matters now is that 57% when asked about this bill or no reform want no reform. I am all for that!

Old 12-18-2009, 04:13 PM

97 posts, read 95,142 times
Quote:
They just oppose anything that is not a complete takeover of health care by the federal government.

People like those in MoveOn seem to think the nameless faces in government have all the answers and need to be in charge of a federally run universal healthcare program, even though they have no clue who those people in government might be, what their agendas are, or what their qualifications may be, in ten or twenty years, they just trust them anyway.

Anyone who considers themselves a part of MoveOn or KOS want to disagree with me on this?
Yes, we're all just big government thugs trying to takeover and destroy all private industry, especially all those poor innocent insurance companies who all make their well earned profits off of killing and bankrupting their own customers. I mean, isn't playing God with other people's lives for money a valid form of entrepreneurship?

It can't possibly be because we want all Americans to have access to affordable quality health care that won't leave them for dead whenever they get sick or injured. Or that we don't want the government to force millions to buy an expensive service they cannot possibly afford, effectively rendering us all slaves to the insurance industry, no. It has to be because we want the government to destroy all private businesses and control everything, right.

Old 12-18-2009, 04:18 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Just because it's what they "want" doesn't mean they're proposing it. I wish politicians would live up to their true convictions. What I want IS a nationalized health insurance, single-payer system. I'd jump for joy if that were actually on the table.
I lack the same blind trust in the nameless faces in government that you possess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies