Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 05:52 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I had a friend recently tell me 'I'd rather be broke in California than rich in Texas'.

That about sums it up for me. Plus, the business I work for thrives because of their position in California so I'm not planning on going anywhere soon
Can you beat these two?

CONTINENTAL) (NYSE: CAL is a United States Airline based and headquartered in Downtown Houston, Texas

Southwest is the largest airline in the world by number of passengers carried per year (as of 2007).[1] Southwest, the 6th largest U.S. airline by revenue,[2] maintains the third-largest passenger fleet of aircraft among all of the world's commercial airlines. As of May 3, 2009, Southwest operates approximately 3,500 flights daily. Southwest is headquartered at 2702 Love Field Drive in the Love Field area of Dallas, Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 06:00 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was just being creative with the CAP'S sorry that it caused you
some discomfort....You know that texas is pro business and not
pro employee , and let big business get away with exposing it
work force to cancer causing agents....much more so than
California...
Pro business IS pro employee. No business, no jobs. Where's your examples of big business exposing its work force to cancer causing agents? California is committing fiscal suicide with its outrageous environmental regulations.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:39 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Pro business IS pro employee. No business, no jobs. Where's your examples of big business exposing its work force to cancer causing agents? California is committing fiscal suicide with its outrageous environmental regulations.

Yes that's what killing California Business Climate over regulation ,
which has to inform all employee of cancer causing agent that they
come into contact with.California comsumers are also covered by
these regulation to protect them from harmful cancer causing
agents as well.I could be all day and all night detailing businesses
that must deal with these substances on a daily basic such as the
"Construction Industry" "Automobile Industry" "Ship Building Industry"
just to name a "few".

Here is a web site listing the (Top 40 Metro
Economies of the U.S.A.) and none of the
Cities in California are on it , but Texas
and Baja Texas states takes 9 of the
top 10 "Slots" on the list.

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09...conomies/1.htm

Last edited by Howest2008; 12-27-2009 at 10:01 PM..

Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
A person has to pay to live in California & for most it is worth every penny. Living in Texas is for those who do not want to pay for the California lifestyle.

Old 12-28-2009, 12:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Can you beat these two?

CONTINENTAL) (NYSE: CAL is a United States Airline based and headquartered in Downtown Houston, Texas

Southwest is the largest airline in the world by number of passengers carried per year (as of 2007).[1] Southwest, the 6th largest U.S. airline by revenue,[2] maintains the third-largest passenger fleet of aircraft among all of the world's commercial airlines. As of May 3, 2009, Southwest operates approximately 3,500 flights daily. Southwest is headquartered at 2702 Love Field Drive in the Love Field area of Dallas, Texas
I'll stick with smaller private jets, but thanks anyway There are quite a few businesses in California that are thriving BECAUSE of being in California, mine being one of them.

To be honest, I've dealt with both Continental and Southwest and I try to have nothing to do with them. Very unpleasant and not at all trustworthy companies.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:28 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I was just being creative with the CAP'S sorry that it caused you
some discomfort....You know that texas is pro business and not
pro employee , and let big business get away with exposing it
work force to cancer causing agents....much more so than
California...
you still didn't provide any facts or examples
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
A person has to pay to live in California & for most it is worth every penny. Living in Texas is for those who do not want to pay for the California lifestyle.
yeah, I would much rather live under repressive california gun laws. I am proud that only two of my guns would be legal in california
You all are going to regret that one big time soon enough.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Actually we Texans should not expound on our pluses but our negatives to CA citizens. Do we really want their style of tax and spend invading our great state ? I don't.

No one doubts the beauty of CA but many are not familiar with our Mountains, Beaches, Palo Duro Canyon, Big Bend and all the beautiful TX features.

I'm OK with CA people who love the state staying there. Good luck with pulling the state out of bankruptcy, I don't see how they can tax you any more than they currently do.

Money wise, CA reminds me of an Alcoholic who needs to hit bottom before they wake up and make the commitment to improve.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:48 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,395,601 times
I agree with you there Rakin. They can ride their sinking ship all the way to the bottom.
As far as the scenery, I visited Lost Maples state park last year and I almost swore I was in a combination of California and the northern states with the mountains and all the beautiful colors on the leaves. It was hard to believe I was less than an hour away from San Antonio because it was an amazing change

Old 12-28-2009, 06:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
If you get a chance go to Big Bend or Palo Duro Canyon in the panhandle. Most people don't know it's the 2nd largest canyon in the US.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't know why Texas always want to whip it out to challenge California. I don't see California doing that but Texas does it. ALOT. I think we all know what that means....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies