Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Actually we Texans should not expound on our pluses but our negatives to CA citizens. Do we really want their style of tax and spend invading our great state ? I don't.

No one doubts the beauty of CA but many are not familiar with our Mountains, Beaches, Palo Duro Canyon, Big Bend and all the beautiful TX features.

I'm OK with CA people who love the state staying there. Good luck with pulling the state out of bankruptcy, I don't see how they can tax you any more than they currently do.

Money wise, CA reminds me of an Alcoholic who needs to hit bottom before they wake up and make the commitment to improve.
actually I think Californians are hop heads not alkies [take another puff & everything looks fine so we'll worry tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 01:55 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Actually we Texans should not expound on our pluses but our negatives to CA citizens. Do we really want their style of tax and spend invading our great state ? I don't.

No one doubts the beauty of CA but many are not familiar with our Mountains, Beaches, Palo Duro Canyon, Big Bend and all the beautiful TX features.

I'm OK with CA people who love the state staying there. Good luck with pulling the state out of bankruptcy, I don't see how they can tax you any more than they currently do.

Money wise, CA reminds me of an Alcoholic who needs to hit bottom before they wake up and make the commitment to improve.
LOL....When California stop out of control spending and cut taxes
Texas is going to be shaking in it's boots , believe me "and" Texas
can't hold a candle to California as far as beauty is concerned....
trust me I'm from Baja Texas (Oklahoma) 1952- 1976.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:32 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
A person has to pay to live in California & for most it is worth every penny. Living in Texas is for those who do not want to pay for the California lifestyle.
I guess you could say Texas is for those who think paying for the CA lifestyle is no longer worth is also. Things change, it is a fact of life.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Pro business IS pro employee. No business, no jobs. Where's your examples of big business exposing its work force to cancer causing agents? California is committing fiscal suicide with its outrageous environmental regulations.
If you make your work force "smear" themselves with PETROLEUM
JELLY you are exposing them to a "cancer causing agent" (if you

do not tell them of the risks) of Petroleum Jelly....LOL....There
are so many "case in point" that I don't know where to start..!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I guess you could say Texas is for those who think paying for the CA lifestyle is no longer worth is also. Things change, it is a fact of life.
Well there are LOT'S of states that could say this. Texas doesn't have a lock on cheap. Compared to CA that is.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well there are LOT'S of states that could say this. Texas doesn't have a lock on cheap. Compared to CA that is.
But we have something..over 500K people moved here this year.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,420 times
As a kid growing up in Fort Worth, TX I had a strong wander lust. I just wanted to get out and see the rest of the world. After doing so with a hitch in the service I'm quite happy to live here again.

The major cities of Texas have always had relatively stable to thriving economies my whole life. Even in down periods things were not that bad. And there has always been a very strong entrepreneurial spirit here that is tough to match.

Also, we're a lot more progressive than people might otherwise imagine. Austin, TX is one of the most progressive cities in the nation -a great place to live if you can afford it. The cost of living has gone up dramatically over the last 15 yrs or so.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:40 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But we have something..over 500K people moved here this year.
Lot's of space?

People moved out of Texas too.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:02 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Lot's of space?

People moved out of Texas too.
It had to do with our economy and more arrived then left since the recession started.

Texas Leads U.S. in Population Growth Since Recession Began -- Politics Daily

Old 01-06-2010, 10:58 PM

Yeah 9 of the top 10 Economies of the United States of America
are in either Texas or Baja Texas "surrounding states" Oklahoma
, Louisana , Arkansas , New Mexico Check Out The Link Below!

Forty Strongest U.S. Metro Economies: Employment and Economic Muscle - BusinessWeek

California will never be able to go head to head with TEXAS because CALIFORNIA is the
most expensive state in the UNION to live in , and has too many enviormental friendly laws.

Last edited by Howest2008; 01-06-2010 at 11:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies