Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:56 PM

45,763 posts, read 27,415,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
What he says is true. The GOP has been stalling the health care bill in every way they can possibly dream up.

Are they doing this because it's good for the public? Or are they catering to their corporate masters?
Both A & B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This thread says POTUS is getting 95% of "what he wants" - I think you mean what he was voted into office for.
Then another thread will say that there's no change, what's he doing?

So what is it?

He either is, or he isn't.
It can't be both ways.
95% regarding the health care bill.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I hope you are right but I wonder how many of us that aren't lefties will be voting in 2010. I am worried that I won't be allowed to vote but some of today's illegal aliens may get to.
You will get to vote - the illegals who are being bought, will cancel out any vote against Obama.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
and how exactly is it scary ... seriously, what has changed in your life other than ranting about these gov-mint boogeymen outside everyone's doors and windows. I, for one ... haven't noticed a thing change. Sure, I read about bailouts, not started by the obama administration, btw, do they affect my life? no ... I read about the health care debate, has it affected my family's decsions about medical care? no. will it ... probably not. I think this healthcare reform is nothing but a boon for the healthcare cartel, but I don't think that it's "scary" ... it's BS, but I'm not askeered of BS.

Gitmo is still open ...
We're still in Iraq and Afghanistan
The government is still wiretapping American phones

maybe a smidge has change, but not much. The US is no more scary than when Cheney was in charge.
How about debt for generations & takeovers of banks & car companies as well as proposed taxes that will prevent prosperity for generations & proposed takeovers of health care, energy & anything else the elites deem necessary to control people...seriously you might want to pay more attention to what he wants to do & who he surrounds himself with.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,683,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb36695 View Post
How about debt for generations & takeovers of banks & car companies as well as proposed taxes that will prevent prosperity for generations & proposed takeovers of health care, energy & anything else the elites deem necessary to control people...seriously you might want to pay more attention to what he wants to do & who he surrounds himself with.
Until something effects them personally, it doesn't matter.
Don't you see that ?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,897,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama vents frustration at Senate delays

President Barack Obama on Wednesday expressed frustration with the way the Senate does business, saying the use of delaying tactics there harms the nation's ability to "deal with big problems in a very competitive world."

"Other countries are going to start running circles around us," Obama said in a White House interview with PBS. "We're going to have to return to some sense that governance is more important than politics inside the Senate."

I'm wondering if he will start tampering w/ the legislative process.

If this (health care) is truly a big problem, and this solution is really the right solution, the people would be on board, and this would fly through the legislative process.

The truth is that the American people are holding up this bill. I think he knows this. And he would would like from the citizenry - less mouth and more taxes - in other words, shut up and do what I want, when I want.

The legislative rules are there for a reason, and I'm sure he would take advantage of them when necessary. He is just whining.

The fear tactic is that we will look bad amongst the other countries. What an immature attitude. Who cares how we look. Do things right so that the people truly benefit. The overwhelming majority of people will not benefit from this bill. More people are realizing this and are trying to stop it.

Excellent post. Obama has yet to figure out that he works FOR us, the citizens, we don't work for him.

We aren't an open checkbook for his experiment with changing America as we know it.

He needs to wise up and stop being a fool.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:56 PM

11,581 posts, read 13,981,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sorry, but you lost your cred with that hateful Teresa Heinz-Kerry thread you started.
You're not gonna cry over some spilt ketchup are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies