Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy that the Senate has passed the health care bill?
Yes 19 19.79%
No 65 67.71%
Not sure 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I see. Well, mine just asks for the insurance card. As a matter of fact I know they all do
yep, that's the first question, but if you tell them I will be paying, then you are the resposible party...

facts are facts...health care cost money...and someone has to pay

either you have a CORPORATION/GOVERNMENT pay (and you pay through premiums/copays/taxes) or you pay out of pocket (and you can pay over time (payment schedual)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 07:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yep, that's the first question, but if you tell them I will be paying, then you are the resposible party...

facts are facts...health care cost money...and someone has to pay

either you have a CORPORATION/GOVERNMENT pay (and you pay through premiums/copays/taxes) or you pay out of pocket (and you can pay over time (payment schedual)
Yes, the good thing is than now everyone will be responsible for getting their own insurance, as opposed to not having one, and demanding free care at ER when they needed care. That was pissing be off too, because I had to pay for them. So, that problem is fixed now.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Yes, the good thing is than now everyone will be responsible for getting their own insurance, as opposed to not having one, and demanding free care at ER when they needed care. That was pissing be off too, because I had to pay for them. So, that problem is fixed now.
just how do you think its fixed???

so now people who did not want/need INSURANCE will be FORCRD to buy INSURANCE they dont want/cant afford...is that how you fix things???

and you will still be paying...your taxes are going up, your insurance coverage will cost MORE, and give you less coverage...all to pay for those that are IRResponsible....are you happy with that???

Old 12-24-2009, 07:40 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,780,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's a historic day. I predict that we'll look back on this date in the future and wonder how people could have been against expanding health care access.
I totally agree.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so now people who did not want/need INSURANCE will be FORCRD to buy INSURANCE they dont want/cant afford...is that how you fix things???
I guess you were OK paying for others, but I got sick of watching my premiums double every eight years because some people just didn't feel like paying for insurance. They abused the system to the point where something had to be done. Republicans didn't do anything, so the Dems did, and this is what we got.

You can't have it both ways. You are trying to oppose and support other people paying for someone else, and you just can't have it both ways.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:05 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
A pox on everyone who voted for this piece of legislation and especially on Senator "Benedict Arnold" Nelson from Nebraska.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Anyone who supports this is probably not very intuitive Let's see, you are required to buy insurance immediately, but the benefits of the "plan" do not take effect for three years. How about all those already unemployed with no insurance, unemployment, etc? Nothing is there to help those disadvantaged and then people have to pay a penalty for not having insurance and STILL not get any health care? This is nothing but an insurance mandate to support the health-industrial complex. People who say things like "I am tired of paying for others" are clearly not capable of reasoning. Instead of paying for someone's health care you can pay for putting people in prison for not participating in "Obamacare". You can also pay unemployment for the next wave of job cuts because employers do not want to take on more employee healthcare expenses. When all insurers will be forced to conform to new federal healthcare standards the low-cost health options we have today will vanish. Everyone's health care premiums will go up and your benefits will decrease. Whenever Government mandates, you lose. Real health care reform would have set up nonprofit health cooperatives and changed the legal system to stop lawsuits and limit lawyer compensation to a level agreed on by the defendant. If it is not a crime to be poor then the poor have as much right to healthcare as anyone else. Congress and the Senate are only rich and elites. Nothing they can do will benefit the country in any way.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Not the illegals.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I guess you were OK paying for others, but I got sick of watching my premiums double every eight years because some people just didn't feel like paying for insurance. They abused the system to the point where something had to be done. Republicans didn't do anything, so the Dems did, and this is what we got.

You can't have it both ways. You are trying to oppose and support other people paying for someone else, and you just can't have it both ways.
And there's nothing in that bill to prevent your premiums from continuing to double every eight years. Instead of paying for people's hospital bills, you now have to pay for people's insurance costs.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:22 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Mark this down this post...
All the things they say it will do and all the costs they say and supposed "savings" and reducing costs.
In the end it will be more then we can afford. You will not get the care you wanted, the system will erode and taxes will go thru the roof.
If your so happy this bill has passed you why dont you pay for the 30 million who dont have insurance. The only thing government does is cost the people who had coverage. Those companies who supported good jobs and benefits will leave the system and put this burden on the tax payer. What reason should any company offer insurance with its cost and upkeep and the money we will all be taxes to keep employees insursed. Just let the govenrment do it will be the idealogy WATCH!!!
Plus we still have to go thru the congress to get this bill on Obama's desk.
This is not a fear it is a reality. While most of you see (GREAT NEWS) coverage and piece of mind. I see slavery, chains and new issues from a system already broken. It just went from something that could be fixed to loss of freedom, control and system build to get companies, insurance companies OFF the hook. Any problems will be directed to the US government which is just how both sides want it. More lobbist for pharma, more power and influence in washington, more campaign promises in a industry already corrupt. Endless tax money, taxes via force and laws backed by fees, fines and corruption. Pre-existing conditions will be something the government will monitor, tax food that might causes diseases, heart disease to support this new system of health coverage. It doesnt say that but once the deal is signed and people are on the insurance plan then they will adjust, add fees, services, monitoring, coverage questionares, etc. It will never end you just handed over your life to a government which in the wrong hands, and no matter who is elected has the power to go GOOD or do EVIL. Difference is if one insurance company does bad things it wont effect the ENTIRE NATION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies