Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 03:05 PM

900 posts, read 673,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
if you are happy with your vote, yippee for you
I am happy with my vote for Mccain, I can rest some what easy that I at least voted for who I felt would be good for the country and not some hack like Obama clearly is
what Obama ran on was NO TAXES NONE< NOT ONE DIME
but the taxes is not what was important to me, it is what is best for all of us
Obama ran on CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN
horse crap
he was going to CHANGE WASHINGTON
horse crap
he ran on being TRASPARENT
horse crap
he has hired on some of the worst scumbs in Washington
I have seen a lot of presidents in my day, the first one I voted for was
McGovern, I have always voted for the democrats
but this party is so slimy and rotten and Obama is the worst I have seen
to date, and he is just warming up
Spoken like a true right wing idealogue. Congratulations - you've got the talking points down pat. It's all crap, of course, but at least you got the script right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 03:07 PM

900 posts, read 673,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
That is a major problem with this country. The two parties will kill off this country.

Well, no. We've essentially had two parties since the beginning of the country, and what they've done is succeeded in making this the strongest country in the world.

Why don't you list all of the really successful democracies that function well with multiple political parties?

Old 12-24-2009, 03:08 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I voted for Obama. I bought into the "change" hype.

I am admitting I was wrong. So far, there are two major lies. First, getting out of the war. Second, I could swear that he said that he was "not going to sign any healthcare bill that didn't have a public option." What other lies have surfaced?

As for the war, I would like to see it over. And for the healthcare measure, it doesn't bother me because I already have coverage. The problem is that he LIED. The biggest problem is that McCain would have been the same way. I will be voting third party next time. I am sick of the lies, lies and more lies. I just can't believe I let myself buy into the Obama hype.
Those are far from Obama's only lies. He was opposed to earmarks and lobbyists, as well as reckless spending and debt. He vowed not to raise taxed on anyone making less than $250K and cigarette taxes have already been hiked. This Healthcare bill has 14 new taxes, 10 of which can apply to those making less than $250K. A VAT is being proposed by Brookings and Center for American Progress. He promised the most open admin ever with dealing televised on C-SPAN. He vowed to end petty partisan politics and then appointed the biggest partisan hack ever as Chief of Staff (Emanuel). He said the stimulus bill had no pork or earmarks. He has lied and lied about the Healthcare bill, which used Accounting that would make Madoff look like a Saint.

I applaud you for acknowledging that you were bamboozled and admitting you were wrong. You're much more courageous and honest than many others than Obama swindled. I decided late in the game not to support McCain and went with Barr. As much as McCain sux, he would have been MUCH better than Obama b/c Obama is that bad. The public option in HC would have been a disaster, as it would lead to private insurers going out of business and, down the line single payer. McCain also opposed the stimulus and Sotomayor and opposed Waxman-Markey (Cap and Trade). McCain is not great, but better than Obama. I think you should give the 2012 GOP candidate a chance before voting 3rd party. If the GOP runs a solid candidate, I will support him or her before going 3rd party again.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:09 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
...the strongest country in the world.
Don't bring China into this!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,461 times
The sad thing is that he shafted his own race with hope and change. There future is gov. checks and most won't learn there is more to life then that. (This is not meant as an insult) He got them motivated and has let them down.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:11 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Spoken like a true right wing idealogue. Congratulations - you've got the talking points down pat. It's all crap, of course, but at least you got the script right.

you are aware of where you can stick it, or do you need a map?
I have found most folks that spew this kind of crap when some one disagrees with their hero, needs directions
I happen to be a democrat that is not a little minion any longer
the last democrat I voted for was Kerry and I almost puked
so now I am not pulled around by the nose any longer
so keep your idealouge to your self
and back off

Old 12-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
I think you should give the 2012 GOP candidate a chance before voting 3rd party.
Who will the Repubs put up in 2012? Please don't say who I am thinking they will...

Old 12-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Anyone...???

Who will the GOP put up in 2012 (your guess)?

Old 12-24-2009, 04:09 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
So he lied? Or maybe he was to ambitious? I'll go with B. Since they still plan on closing Guantanamo down.
You can go with whatever one you want, but that doesnt change the facts that Obama pledged to close GITMO within one year, and he isnt going to. While you claim he was to ambitions, it just shows his incompetence and inability to do the necessary research to gather facts to see if closing it was even reasonable within one year.

And your links to a partisan site is meaningless because I can find my own partisan sites to show it was a pledge to close within one year.

Hell, I can find unpartisan sites to show that he pledged this because he SIGNED an executive order which said one year.

Actions, words, meaningless to do either if you dont have the facts first..

Old 12-24-2009, 04:19 PM

631 posts, read 720,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You can go with whatever one you want, but that doesnt change the facts that Obama pledged to close GITMO within one year, and he isnt going to. While you claim he was to ambitions, it just shows his incompetence and inability to do the necessary research to gather facts to see if closing it was even reasonable within one year.

And your links to a partisan site is meaningless because I can find my own partisan sites to show it was a pledge to close within one year.

Hell, I can find unpartisan sites to show that he pledged this because he SIGNED an executive order which said one year.

Actions, words, meaningless to do either if you dont have the facts first..

So are you agreeing with me? Its not a lie, just over ambition? If you want to argue if given the one year deadline was a mistake, then sure.. and I bet I'll agree with you.

I should have known about the Polifact. It only won a Pulitzer Prize this year So what unbiased sites should I be using to prove you wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies