Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:21 PM

631 posts, read 720,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Thank you....you are proving my point. Equality is equality....if one can person do it so can another.
Sooooo....how can black people be offended by the word when they use the word themselves? A little disingenuous, doncha think?
If the word is so bad, then rappers and the black community need to sweep around their own doorstep and stop using the word.....otherwise, in the name of equality, the word is open to all to use.

You do understand the meaning of equality, right?

In case not, here is the meaning of equal:
equal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

So when are you gonna say it? Stop trying to beat around the bush....

Look what I highlighted in your statement. You say black people shouldn't be offended. If so, go ahead and use it in a sentence. If someone here does get offended use your excuses, see how they take it.

Put up or shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Again, no one is preventing you from using the word. If you want to go to the supermarket and yell it out go ahead.

That'll never happen. gsupstate knows the word is wrong. but is too stubborn to admit it.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The 1st amendment gives everyone the rights to say anything they wish.
No it doesn't. It says that the government can't stop you from saying anything you wish. Your momma or your boss or the owner of this site can certain stop you from saying things they don't want to hear.....or punish you for doing it.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Being a privately owned site, is much different than a publicly owned site.
The first amendment remains intact on taxpayer owned sites, but private sites can allow and disallow what they wish without stepping on a citizens Constitutional rights.
Agreed, but I was also referring to using it outside of this website. Last time I checked, people can and often do use the n-word in real life.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
That'll never happen. gsupstate knows the word is wrong. but is too stubborn to admit it.
Do rappers believe the word is wrong?

The word is against this website's TOS. I'm an honest person. I won't go against TOS.
But as an honest person, I believe in equality, so yes I can say it if I wish. The black community has made it OK to say the word and the black community can NOT complain about the word anymore....they mad it OK by using it. Their complaints can fall on deaf ears.

Aint equality great!!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:

The word is against this website's TOS. I'm an honest person. I won't go against TOS.
But as an honest person, I believe in equality, so yes I can say it if I wish. The black community has made it OK to say the word and the black community can NOT complain about the word anymore....they mad it OK by using it. Their complaints can fall on deaf ears.

Aint equality great!!!!!
Nice cop-out. I got the TOS right here http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html. Doesn't say ANYTHING about not using the N-word.

Put your money where you mouth is.

Last edited by mikeym81; 01-06-2010 at 12:46 PM.. Reason: added TOS link.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Nice cop-out. I got the TOS right here http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html. Doesn't say ANYTHING about not using the N-word.

Put your money where you mouth is.
No cop out. My point was never to say the word on here. My point was anyone CAN say the word and it is acceptable. You get what we have been debating....right????????

Slurs (which the N word is) are agianst the TOS.

The black community uses it, so anyone can.

EQUALITY IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2010, 01:02 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:

Aint equality great!!!!!
No, you cannot stop folks from complaining. You are only free to use the word.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
No cop out. My point was never to say the word on here. My point was anyone CAN say the word and it is acceptable. You get what we have been debating....right????????

Slurs (which the N word is) are agianst the TOS.

The black community uses it, so anyone can.

EQUALITY IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know its hard losing. If the word is so acceptable, why wont you say it? TOS says you cant use racial slurs, you said the word is acceptable so it shouldn't be a problem right?

If the black community is using it why wont you?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
I know its hard losing. If the word is so acceptable, why wont you say it? TOS says you cant use racial slurs, you said the word is acceptable so it shouldn't be a problem right?

If the black community is using it why wont you?
The word is a racial slur IMO, as are several words that describe white people, Asian people, Hispanic people. But if the black community can say it, then anyone can say it. Get it? Get it? Get it?

Yawn.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies