Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:36 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,629 times

Advertisements

I think Daddy Drama Queen uncovered the motherload of scandals here: the DNC has massive stock in the computer paper and printer ink industries. They're spending tax payer dollars on the paper and ink used to print these bills. And the DNC is eating the profits as shareholders in the respective industries. This is the biggest scandal since Watergate. Way to go Glenn!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 10:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Since you apparently see a relevance in why the title of the health and human services appear x number of times in a HEALTH care bill, so why don't you just tell us what you think that relevance is? Why play this cat and mouse game? And I'm already dismissing your theory that it's about regulations because, as I said, regulations are not necessarily a bad thing. Do you think that a bill written about Home Land Security would not have the title of the sec. of HLS in it on almost every page?
There are no bills about Homeland Security of anywhere near that length. It is the number of pages with that title on nearly every page that bothers me. Why does this thing have to be so long? What all did the Dirty One put in it while he was so busy in his office? Why aren't we allowed to know anything about it other than the title of it? Surely someone of you people can tell me that.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
There are no bills about Homeland Security of anywhere near that length. It is the number of pages with that title on nearly every page that bothers me. Why does this thing have to be so long? What all did the Dirty One put in it while he was so busy in his office? Why aren't we allowed to know anything about it other than the title of it? Surely someone of you people can tell me that.
Spending tax payer dollars on extra printing paper. Those dirty crooks. This is the motherload here. Beck is really onto something with this.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Is there a chance that I could get some of you left leaners to explain how this is just a bunch of Beck lies? I was hoping for some proof that it was all lies and got nothing. Only one, WW, is willing to discuss the question.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Is there a chance that I could get some of you left leaners to explain how this is just a bunch of Beck lies? I was hoping for some proof that it was all lies and got nothing. Only one, WW, is willing to discuss the question.
A lie? No.

A completely stupid, irrelevant, waste of time and TV air? Yes.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
It is the number of pages with that title on nearly every page that bothers me. Why does this thing have to be so long? What all did the Dirty One put in it while he was so busy in his office? Why aren't we allowed to know anything about it other than the title of it? Surely someone of you people can tell me that.
Here you go....a great resource for finding out about what is in the senate health care bill. Health Insurance Reform Online Resource Center (http://stabenow.senate.gov/healthcare/ - broken link) It's not being kept a secret, what's in the bill. You only think so because all your media resources are neo-conservative.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Here you go....a great resource for finding out about what is in the senate health care bill. Health Insurance Reform Online Resource Center (http://stabenow.senate.gov/healthcare/ - broken link) It's not being kept a secret, what's in the bill. You only think so because all your media resources are neo-conservative.
Why do I keep hearing our Congress critters calling this bill health care when all this site shows is insurance and insurance related? Why did they drop the original health insurance title when they never intended to do anything but stop insurance companies from being in business. Oops, did I read the wrong things there?

As I looked at titles of things I wondered why there is an exchange for people who have no insurance but doesn't seem to be much for those who have it all right now.

I saw not one subject there that would require Secretary of HHS to appear at least once every page. Hmmmmm, I still wonder what is going on.

On one question I looked into I found nothing but the good Congress woman's list of a health bill of rights. I never have heard anything about that being in that bill. That part really did make me wonder just what Harry did end up with in that thing.

You have to know that that site doesn't really tell a whole lot about what is really in that bill. Reid kept the whole thing completely secret, even from some Democrat Senators until he had his 60 votes and then didn't care anymore. No, I don't think this is something that someone has convinced you it is.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
A lie? No.

A completely stupid, irrelevant, waste of time and TV air? Yes.
An irrelevant waste like your posts seem to be. Discussion must be completely beyond you. Just twist others' words and celebrate your ability to do so.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:
An irrelevant waste like your posts seem to be. Discussion must be completely beyond you. Just twist others' words and celebrate your ability to do so.
Waahhhh Glenn Beck is a dufus. Does somebody need a tissue?

Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Okay, you don't like the other link I posted, try this one. It's the full text of the senate health care bill. But frankly, I'm not going to out of shape about anything in it because it's going to change when they try to blend the senate and house versions together. Even after they get something ready for the president to sign, he could send that version back for more revisions.

I agree with the poster above....Glenn Beck IS a dufus.

http://www.oliverwillis.com/2009/11/18/text-of-senate-health-care-bill/ (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies