Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Glenn Beck said this afternoon that the title Secretary of HHS shows up 2500 times in the Harry Reid bill. Can that be possible? One mention on each page, average? Every one of them seem to be making a decision about some kind of rules, etc.

If that is one of Beck's lies maybe someone could offer up some proof of how it is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,077,406 times
Whining about repetetive phrases on a bill.

Translation: Obama is doing a good job, I need to whine about something to fill time

Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Wow, what a shocker! The Secretary of Health and Human Services is mentioned often in the health care bill. There must be a conspiracy in there some where.

I'm fascinated that Republicans are so fascinated with keyword counting software. It's like they have a new toy but they're not sure how to play with it.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 01-07-2010 at 09:08 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 09:09 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
As you can see Roy, the progressives are quite comfortable with another government entity and it's resulting bureaucracy telling them (and more importantly us) what to do.

How they came to be labeled "progressive" is one of life's great mysteries.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Whining about repetetive phrases on a bill.

Translation: Obama is doing a good job, I need to whine about something to fill time
Are you really that in need of help to post an intelligent reply? I see nothing from you but the same thing over and over. Lets do some intelligent discussing instead of your game playing.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
As you can see Roy, the progressives are quite comfortable with another government entity and it's resulting bureaucracy telling them (and more importantly us) what to do.

How they came to be labeled "progressive" is one of life's great mysteries.
If you want to learn a bit about progressives and progressivism watch today's Beck show at http://glennbeckclips.com You can catch a very good short history about the history of progressivism right there. He is very much against two presidents who have been written about as heroes who really are the beginners of the movement. Theodore Roosevelt was the first and he was a Republican and Woodrow Wilson was the next and he was a Democrat. Beck pulls no punches for either party when talking about their progressives. Yesterday he talked about McCain and, as he calls him, Grahamnesty, along with other Republicans who have been part of the progressive movement.

It is very hard for me to understand how these lefties can be considered progressive but even they think they are.

It is very sickening to me that that position shows up so many times and each time, as I said in the first post here, talking about determining our lives each time.

I have been thinking a great deal today about how people can accept this abortion from Harry Reid and his helpers as good when it will be a hollow shell of what it was supposed to be when they began it.

The worst part of it is that about all it does is create agencies to enforce parts of it, take money from Medicare, and little else other than expand the shortage of medical facilities and doctors and nurses. I haven't seen one liberal yet that was willing to talk about the shortage of medical personnel that will exist with passage of this thing.

Last edited by roysoldboy; 01-07-2010 at 09:46 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you really that in need of help to post an intelligent reply? I see nothing from you but the same thing over and over. Lets do some intelligent discussing instead of your game playing.

With all due respect, Roy, how can anyone have an intelligent conversation about the topic of how many times the title of Secretary of HHS is mentioned in the health care bill? What exactly does that prove or disprove?

Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
With all due respect, Roy, how can anyone have an intelligent conversation about the topic of how many times the title of Secretary of HHS is mentioned in the health care bill? What exactly does that prove or disprove?
It proves to me that that person, my ex-governor today, has too much power to determine what kind of heath care we can get. Why in hell would they say that there really won't be so many bureaucracies needed to enforce this thing if they didn't have something like that in it.

Really, I am bothered by the fact that I am sure that Andy Stern has had way too much input in the writing of this bill. Other union leaders have also been involved and I see us heading steadily downhill with all this going on.

Why do so many people from the left support this thing that they know nearly nothing about? Why don't they want to know any more than what the subject is. Why do they not see that unless there is something hidden in there to use later that there will be no public option just to get it passed? Why do people not realize that this thing does so little other than get us started down the road to single payer although we know nothing at all about it?

I just don't understand why people are so partisan about it. I want to know some of what is in it to see if I can accept any of it and what Beck said today tells me that it really isn't so hot.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Would these words from my first post mean anything? "Every one of them seem to be making a decision about some kind of rules, etc."

2500 rules? I think that is just a bit strong.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Roy, without knowing exactly how that title is being used you can't possibly know what it means to have the title of Secretary of HHS appear x number of times in the health care bill. They could be saying something like: "This falls under the department of the Sec. of HHS" or "This does not apply to the department of the Sec. of HHS." You need to see the actual text from the health care bill before attempting to criticize it for the number of times a certain term is used. If, in fact, each time it's mentioned truly is making a decision of some kind, big deal. Health care reform is a HUGE undertaking and every detail does need to be written out....many details that are probably already part of our current laws and represents no change at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies