Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

They were expecting Jon to ream him up one side and down the other...not exactly what happened though.

TAPPED Archive | The American Prospect

Quote:
There is an unexpected silence in the liberal blogosphere after last night's highly anticipated Daily Show episode, in which Jon Stewart hosted John Yoo, the author of many of the Bush administration's torture memos and one of the people most responsible for giving legal sanction to the practice of torture. That's probably because Stewart found himself completely outmatched by a charming, tactful Yoo who seemed far better prepared to defend granting virtually unlimited powers to the executive branch than ever before.
Part 1 and 2 of interview.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

He must have received some scathing commentary from the netroots, who were not at all happy.

His apology;

Jon Stewart: I Should Have Nailed John Yoo - Stewart apologizes for a disappointing Daily Show interview

Left Admits: Jon Stewart Got Owned by John Yoo | The Atlantic Wire

Priceless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Priceless. Right.

A comedian doesn't "take down" a scummy lawyer.

Is that something you're gloating about? What's your point?

Old 01-13-2010, 11:59 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
there is no point. just a lame attempt ... again ... and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. I watched the interview and Stewart was more exasperated by Yoo and his BS "legal" reasoning. It's hard to believe that any student would take his courses at Boalt.

Stewart doesn't owe anyone an apology.

Last edited by domergurl; 01-13-2010 at 12:07 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 PM

631 posts, read 719,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They were expecting Jon to ream him up one side and down the other...not exactly what happened though.

TAPPED Archive | The American Prospect

Part 1 and 2 of interview.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Official Website | Current Events & Pop Culture, Comedy & Fake News

He must have received some scathing commentary from the netroots, who were not at all happy.

His apology;

Jon Stewart: I Should Have Nailed John Yoo - Stewart apologizes for a disappointing Daily Show interview

Left Admits: Jon Stewart Got Owned by John Yoo | The Atlantic Wire

Priceless.

Stewart is a comedian not a lawyer. The fact the Stewart has gone this long without taking a beating is kinda shocking.

Would you like me to congratulate you for having a right leaning lawyer out wit a left leaning comedian?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Gee, finally one of the heroes of the right wing -- a lawyer who wants to overturn the Constitution and give the Executive Branch more power than the Founding Fathers wished, no less -- gets over on the comedian. The righties must be so proud to have finally won one.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
John Yoo is a WAR CRIMINAL and I have no interest in anything he has to say that is not Under Oath, just like Cheyney

Old 01-13-2010, 12:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Priceless. Right.

A comedian doesn't "take down" a scummy lawyer.

Is that something you're gloating about? What's your point?
According to the insane liberal/progressives, that is just what they were expecting. That's why he apologized for getting owned.

Stewart has made a career of "taking down", "ripping to shreds".

http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search

Yoo disarmed Stewart with fact, reason and the truth.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:55 PM

419 posts, read 448,235 times
are you an advocate for torture or something?

Or is this just another one of those "ra ra ra" democrat vs republican arguments on childish talking points type of threads that seem very common on here?

It is funny. I asked a person yesterday what their stance was on market regulation after ranting on about something about taxes and democrats. I get no answer. I ask for people's real opinions on real issues, and can never get an answer. I lower my IQ 50 points, and write some typicle talking point bs thing that gets people so rilled up and there is a crap storm of stupidity.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yoo disarmed Stewart with fact, reason and the truth.
As Stewart found out, some facts, reasons and "truths" are so ridiculous that they are beyond satire.

But hey, since apparently you think Yoo was such a great legal wizzard, I'm surprised that you are the one complaining that the legal house of cards that he developed, torture, military commissions are all falling apart under court scrutiny.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:04 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquills View Post
are you an advocate for torture or something?

Or is this just another one of those "ra ra ra" democrat vs republican arguments on childish talking points type of threads that seem very common on here?

It is funny. I asked a person yesterday what their stance was on market regulation after ranting on about something about taxes and democrats. I get no answer. I ask for people's real opinions on real issues, and can never get an answer. I lower my IQ 50 points, and write some typicle talking point bs thing that gets people so rilled up and there is a crap storm of stupidity.
Psst... I don't suggest lowering your IQ any further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies