Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,831,821 times

Advertisements

Patterico's Pontifications » Ellie Light: Obama Astroturfer? Or Very, Very, Very Energetic But Independent Letter Writer? With Houses All Over the Nation?

Look at this..an Obama supporter has been sending 100's of e mail letters around the country using different addresses. They are getting desperate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 03:15 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,336,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Likable isn't the same as total approval of the job....

Nita
I like Obama too. I think he is a cool guy. He wants a tournament instead of bowl games for college football. He is a college basketball fan. He listens to good music. Do I approve of the job he has done....Hell No!

Old 01-23-2010, 03:42 PM

3,018 posts, read 3,575,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Higher than Reagan, about the same as Clinton.

Poll: 51 percent approve of Obama after first year - CNN.com
But but but but but but...those 51% are only the 'fringe' of society right???

Old 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,730,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Would this be why the reported unemployment figures are still rising each month? Liberal math?

Remember, losses not as high as expected does not mean growth, just fewer losses for the moment.
...yeah...and? What sort of magic would you like to happen? The economy plummetted and now you're complaining that it's not growing and expanding? How quickly do you think economies move?

Minimizing job loss is a HUGE accomplishment. Having one month that created more jobs than it lost is HUGE given the hundreds of thousands of jobs lost just a year earlier.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Thanks for pointing out my typing skills....your sarcasm is noted.

Obama is failing as President and is beginning to come unhinged..his speech looked more like an angry, paranoid, stand up comic than a President.

Gallup has him at 47%, the lowest it has been.

Democrats will lose Congress in November and Michelle will lose her garden in 2012. What is worrisome to many is the continued support of a failed President just because he is Black. The election of Brown in the most liberal state in the country seals Obama's fate. No liberal spin from his worshipers will change it.
Wow. A real, live psychic who can predict the future!

Care to offer any evidence to back up your claims, or are we just expected to endure tired sports-related cheerleading that "we're gonna kick the other team's butt!".

Have you EVER studied Reagan's poll numbers in his first couple years? Would you seriously be attacking Reagan when his poll numbers went into the high 30%s and unemployment remained above 10% for 3 years?

Yet, somehow, he got re-elected. Hmmm..... careful what you predict, young one. Many libs thought they could predict the 84 future just like you do today.

(and - btw - I wasn't mocking your typing skills. I was pointing out that you couldn't possibly have studied much economics to really know what you are talking about if you go out of your way to capitalize and put a space in "Un Employment". It's just revealing of how much you probably don't know about the subject beyond having a political opinion. It's very relevant to understanding who I'm dealing with here. That's all.)

Old 01-23-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
now you are going to say two poorly managed wars? What 2 and are they totally the fault of the Republicans or do I dare ask???

You say independents but you mention Reagan, do you have any idea how popular he was with inderpendents for starters. ?? of course you don't or you wouldn't bring his name up.

Nita
The two poorly managed wars wars at the level of Commander in Chief (not on the ground) are Iraq and Afghanistan. The first for getting forced upon us to begin with and then languishing for years before finally doing the surge and getting out, and the second for being completely forgotten as Bush stopped going after terrorists and instead went after oil and power. He took his eye off t he ball, lost all conviction. Thankfully, Obama's refocusing on finishing that war effectively.

And, considering Republicans had unmitigated control from 2000-2006 and basically filibustered the Democratic majority in 2006 for 2 years (creating a stalemate instead of any true liberal leadership), then, yes, the past 8 years was entirely the Republicans fault since they were the ones in control.

I don't understand your point about Reagan. I think Reagan was great and I was simply pointing out that he adopted a very similar situation as Obama, endured plummeting poll numbers and skyrocketing unemployment, yet somehow emerged the other side to get re-elected in 84 and go on to become one of our best presidents.

I'd just be careful counting Obama out after 1 year. Bush I was really popular his first year and disappeared by 92.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Wow. A real, live psychic who can predict the future!

Care to offer any evidence to back up your claims, or are we just expected to endure tired sports-related cheerleading that "we're gonna kick the other team's butt!".

Have you EVER studied Reagan's poll numbers in his first couple years? Would you seriously be attacking Reagan when his poll numbers went into the high 30%s and unemployment remained above 10% for 3 years?

Yet, somehow, he got re-elected. Hmmm..... careful what you predict, young one. Many libs thought they could predict the 84 future just like you do today.

(and - btw - I wasn't mocking your typing skills. I was pointing out that you couldn't possibly have studied much economics to really know what you are talking about if you go out of your way to capitalize and put a space in "Un Employment". It's just revealing of how much you probably don't know about the subject beyond having a political opinion. It's very relevant to understanding who I'm dealing with here. That's all.)
Do you always abandon your morality with ad hominem attacks in the defense of Obama?

Last edited by DraggingCanoe; 01-23-2010 at 09:02 PM..

Old 01-23-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Do you always abandon your morality to protect Obama?
So I guess you have no substantive response. Perhaps another one of your cute pictures would suffice.

My morality, with regard to politics, is rooted in stabilizing this national economy, fighting only wars that make sense, building a pro-life society that provides health care for all, and ensuring regulations are in place to prevent another collapse.

I think Obama's marching steadily in that righteous direction.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:15 PM

Bluefly is on my ignore list because of her continued Ad hominem attacks.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,260,213 times
Well personally I don't trust any polls. They ask leading question designed to generate specific answers. But this one claims 47% approval rating.
And pretty much a steady decline.
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Last edited by tinman01; 01-23-2010 at 09:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies