Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
So you believe it's his race that is polarizing and not his bad leadership,how convenient.
His race is definitely polarizing. His leadership is not bad; he inherited a unique set of problems and he has to cope with an addled populace that wants all problems -- or things they are told are problems -- solved to their satisfaction, immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,909,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
"Homeland security" was just a giant bureaucratic fustercluck that he went and folded a bunch of other agencies (including Carter's FEMA) and made them more useless than ever before. That's part of how the Katrina response got botched. I mean, really. We get attacked by terrorists and the first thing to do is create a new agency? I didn't know that's what "small government" was. Sounds like something a "big government liberal/Democrat" would do.

Bush and the neocons are less true conservatives and more like hawkish liberals. They grew government, spent money left and right and got their noses where they didn't belong. I really don't see much that made Bush so conservative. I mean, Carter had the God vote too for awhile being a preacher. Then there was Reagan whose administration practically invented deficit spending, spending like crazy on "Star Wars" and other unnecessary defense measures. You want to know the real reason why the USSR went under? They overextended themselves spending half their GDP on defense, trying to out-bluster us in the arms race. Had it gone on for too much longer we've have bankrupted ourselves too.

Really, the term "conservative" (and "liberal") has no real meaning in this country anymore. Apparently being a "conservative" means you talk about limited government and spending. If so, anyone can be a "conservative." Talk's cheap.
bush definitely was a liberal disguised as a conservative and he never met a spending bill that he didn't like. our country has never learned the lesson that the USSR had to learn, although we may yet if we don't stop this overreaching. i can assure you, as a floridian (who has been in several hurricanes) that it isn't a smart idea to wait for FEMA to come to your rescue after a hurricane. look at the stupidity of spending all of this money to rebuild new orleans after their disaster. they are BELOW SEA LEVEL, so how many years will it be until our next katrina disaster?

look at this article:
Congress Launches Investigation into Taliban Payola AFGHANISTAN
CNN : Rep. John Tierney (D-MA) discusses his subcommittee's investigation into charges that the Department of Defense is essentially bribing Taliban warlords so US supply lines can safely travel through Afghanistan.

we are bribing the same people that we are fighting, and for what? we don't have secure borders and we have no intention of securing our border (at least with this administration). what is the sense of ramping up aggression around the world when your own country isn't secure?

what is that about?

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-27-2010 at 05:32 AM..

Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
bush definitely was a liberal disguised as a conservative and he never met a spending bill that he didn't like. our country has never learned the lesson that the USSR had to learn, although we may yet if we don't stop this overreaching. i can assure you, as a floridian (who has been in several hurricanes) that it isn't a smart idea to wait for FEMA to come to your rescue after a hurricane. look at the stupidity of spending all of this money to rebuild new orleans after their disaster. they are BELOW SEA LEVEL, so how many years will it be until our next katrina disaster?

look at this article:
Congress Launches Investigation into Taliban Payola AFGHANISTAN
CNN : Rep. John Tierney (D-MA) discusses his subcommittee's investigation into charges that the Department of Defense is essentially bribing Taliban warlords so US supply lines can safely travel through Afghanistan.

we are bribing the same people that we are fighting, and for what? we don't have secure borders and we have no intention of securing our border (at least with this administration). what is the sense of ramping up aggression around the world when your own country isn't secure?

what is that about?
for those of you who don't think this is about globalization and that agenda, look at this:
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/0...p-stewart.html

our government is trying to bribe the same "terrorists" who are trying to kill our soldiers. (at least according to them), yet we won't secure our own borders. this is just a massive funneling of money out of the developed countries. why would you bribe someone you thought you couldn't trust in the first place? it reminds me of schwarzenegger's plan to use american taxpayer money to build jails to house illegal immigrants in the US who have committed crimes. what is to say that they wouldn't just take the money and then let them back in the country? people have got to start asking questions about what is actually going on here.

are our politicians completely out of ideas?????

Last edited by floridasandy; 01-29-2010 at 04:37 AM..

Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
for those of you who don't think this is about globalization and that agenda, look at this:
CBC News - World - The new Afghan battle plan, bribing the Taliban

our government is trying to bribe the same "terrorists" who are trying to kill our soldiers. (at least according to them), yet we won't secure our own borders. this is just a massive funneling of money out of the developed countries. why would you bribe someone you thought you couldn't trust in the first place? it reminds me of schwarzenegger's plan to use american taxpayer money to build jails to house illegal immigrants in the US who have committed crimes. what is to say that they wouldn't just take the money and then let them back in the country? people have got to start asking questions about what is actually going on here.

are our politicians completely out of ideas?????
i noticed that i did not appropriately word the schwarzenegger plan, which was to take american taxpayer money and give it to mexico, so that mexico could employ mexican citizens to build mexican jails ON OUR DIME to house the illegal immigrants that would be shipped out of the united states to mexico,(instead of the obvious solution of cutting off their jobs and benefits so that they would voluntarily deport).

this plan would send american money to mexico to employ mexican workers and build assets in mexico on the backs of american workers.(while trusting a mexican government which has misappropriated american money before no less). these are the kinds of ideas coming out of "our leaders" now......

i think it ties in nicely with the plan to pay the taliban to stop attacking our soldiers since our leaders have decided to switch to the "reward bad behavior" mode of government.

we need to throw the bums out!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
As well as all the hateful and angry rhetoric from left wing extremists

You must know the type.... those who continually say "its the OTHER guys fault"....
I remember that Reagan said that frequently in his first year in office.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:42 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,548,129 times
^And some people still haven't gotten off blaming Carter for this country's problems so I guess Reagan, both Bushes and Clinton can all have a pass as well as Obama. The next president, whether in 2012 or 2016, already has a readymade excuse. Or does it expire soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies