Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times

Advertisements

Well I dont believe you at least 30% or 40% of people in Europe dont like Jews in Europe. Where did you get your source? Anyway did you know more Jews from Russia are immigrating to Germany than Isreal just in the past few years? Strange world hey!

Last edited by other99; 02-02-2010 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Sometimes the most outwardly "accepting" of races and religions is the most bigoted. I hate how it works that way. But they hide their hatred. And have no idea why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't think I personally know a person who is anti semitic. I guess they can be disguising their hatred and bigotry, but I just don't see it everyday. I would think that 15% would be a high number.

Anyway, for those who do have a hatred of Jews, I think its based on several things. Historically, they blame Jews for the murder of Christ, they blame Jews for almost every major war in history, even WWII.

I also believe that the group mentality displayed by several Jewish groups is wrong.

And, modern hatred might come from Israels actions abroad. I'm a big Israel supporter, and some of the crap they've been doing lately is going to far, in my opinion. Like invading countries for whatever reason they want. Killing more civilians then a few criminals did to them. Using them as human shields when storming buildings.

Things like that.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Let's discuss about the roots,the reasons,the "justifications " of antisemitism...

In polls,at least 15% ( my guess,25% ) of Americans are antisemites,somehow,to some extent,in some way...

In Europe,at least 30%,if not 40%...They just don't like Jews...

Let's elaborate on the reasons for that...

(And post polite comments within the TOS ) ...
Total BS. Numbers totally made up. Nobody dislikes Jews in Europe... anymore.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
The numbers. How were they determined. I know that here on CD all one need do is disagree with giving Israel billions in foreign aid and you are automatically labeled an anti semite. Question Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and you are antisemite.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:19 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Just like nobody dislikes Gays in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Total BS. Numbers totally made up. Nobody dislikes Jews in Europe... anymore.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Just like nobody dislikes Gays in the USA.

That is something else. Human sexuality and religion is not the same. Nobody cares about religion in Europe. Sorry, but if you think they dislike Jews, you're dead wrong.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:43 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Please,let's keep our discussion polite & within the TOS...

All arguments are accepted,if they are polite & not insulting...
Who determines what is "insulting"? Does that include calling someone a "racist" i.e. anti-semite .. with absolutely no foundation other than the issuer's own judgement or feeling?

Quote:
As for the phrase "I am anti - Israeli,not antisemite ",some of those who use it are benign,some are malicious...
Some Israeli critics are oversensitive,because Israel always acts in self defence,with special precautions against hurting innocent Pals...
The door swings both ways ... you think anyone is buying this? Israel ALWAYS acts in self defense with special precautions against hurting innocent Pals? Good lord, what a shameless statement of utter bias.

I guess technically that could be a true statement if one is of the mindset that no Palestinians are actually innocent ... otherwise, this is laughable on the surface.

And there are IDF Soldiers who would also laugh at such a claim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtVEtKXUVs4

Quote:
However,the civilians used by terrorists as human shields,voluntarily or semi-voluntarily, are not "innocent "...
What does semi-voluntarily mean? Is that the same as semi-innocent who happen to be inside the homes being bombed or bulldozed because the IDF suspects there MIGHT BE a terrorist hiding inside?

Quote:
Some other Israeli critics are definitely closet antisemites,who hypocritically cry about "babies ",used by Pal terrorists as shields...
Would that definition include citing examples of IDF soldiers using Palestinians as human shields? Like an 11 year old girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXq57...eature=related

Quote:
As for the "supremacy "claimed by the Talmoud,well,that's an old antisem claim...
Just an old antisemitic claim? People can research the Talmud ... there is plenty of references to the "gentiles" (heathens; Goyim) as not men. Of gentile girls as dirty, etc. Shocking claims about how Jews are superior and how no-Jews are "nothing". It would take over this entire thread, several pages just to start listing these references, so I'll let others research this for themselves.

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of Jews out there that would be shocked at some of the things stated in the Talmud ... I know the ignorant Christians out there would be.

Quote:
It is a benign call for high spirits,means no malice to other nations,much like the phrase that many kids say.. . "My mom/pop is the best mom/pop in the whole world "... Those kids are not...supremacists...
I don't know what you wee trying to say here, so I'll just not comment.

What I will say, out of fairness, there are IDF soldiers as well as Israeli citizens who do not condone the actions of the Israeli government and the systematic abuse being inflicted on innocent Palestinians. Just as there are elements of the US armed forces who don't condone the activities in Iraq and Afghanistan.

But that doesn't mean these things aren't occurring, and it certainly doesn't support the propaganda that these types of actions are isolated and few.

Governments, and religious zealots are responsible for most of the harm and evil that is occurring all across the globe ... and not just in Israel/Palestine.

These kids ... and that is what these guys are, are good guys labeled as turncoats, traitors and such for speaking out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37MFa...eature=related

Old 02-02-2010, 06:20 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,948 times
I try to make this one a model thread,where arguments are countered by arguments,not by calling names...
I used polls made by the most reliable polling institutes...

If one pollster asks directly... "Are you an antisemite "?,not even 5% will openly reply YES.
But when u ask ..."Are the IDF actions justified "? & u get 60% NO,then one understands the extent of closet & "soft "antisemitism "...

The UN is a well documented anti-american ,anti- israeli institution,running...cookie-cutter resolutions against Israel, usually vetoed only by USA...
USA-Israel bashing is the game they play in UN for the last...60 years...

Human shields are always used only by the Pal terrorists. The Israelis have neither the world theory,nor the immorality to do so...Islamist parents willingly offer their babies/children so that they become ...martyrs...

The purpose of this thread is for pro- & anti= semites to express the reasons people dislike the Jews...

Jealousy is one,character antipathy is another...

But it is wrong to fallsify the truth,using conspiracy theories like the "Protocols "or ...to reverse the truth ,claiming that...the IDF uses human shields...If one considers the special & extraordinary circumstances that Israelis face everyday,then their actions can be justified...

Israel is a poor country,a small desert,with no resources,dependent on foreign aid...Average salary is $ 1000/month...
That's why only dedicated emigrants eventually settle down in Israel...

Old 02-02-2010, 07:51 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
This is not about Jews, this is about Zionism, which may come as a shock to you, but all Jews are not Zionists, nor are all Zionists Jews. You want to claim that I'm a Zionist hater ... be my guest, as that would be closer to the truth. Zionism is a philosophy, not a race, so that makes me guilty of "philosophist"?

I posted a couple of clips of testimony of IDF soldiers who feel compelled to speak out ... are these Jews Jew Haters too? No they are not. They are young Jewish men that don't believe in harming and tormenting other people, nor in some self serving opinion that they are anointed by God as the only valuable human beings on this world.

Some of the zealots would call them self hating Jews ... I've heard that used before too. Anyone that doesn't believe in the Zionist principle of cleansing the land of Arabs for Jewish occupation is the enemy ... I get it, be it Jew or non-Jew.

So muster the courage to just say so ... don't hide behind this "Jew hater" nonsense. I just don't agree that you have more rights or are more worthy of life than everyone else on planet earth OK?

This thread claimed 15 % of Americans are anti-semites, and I say HOGWASH. Jews have enjoyed privilege beyond belief in this country ... representation beyond any other ethnicity ... and unwavering support given to Israel for over 60 years ... support I might add is the only reason Israel even exists today.

So with that support, we Americans (obviously a loyalty you don't claim) have a right to criticize abominable behavior when we see it. We have a right to criticize when OUR financial support is used to destroy homes and torment defenseless people.

We make the same condemnation when we see our own troops and US government behave badly, so aside your self righteousness, we'll be the voice of the oppressed as it has always been the American way, or at least, it used to be that way.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 02-03-2010 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: removed response from post now-deleted

Old 02-02-2010, 08:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Was propagated by Martin Luther.

WARNING: This is a Notorious Antisemitic Document!

Quote:
"On the Jews and Their Lies", 1543

by Martin Luther (1483-1546)

Translated by Martin H. Bertram
Martin Luther - On the Jews and Their Lies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies