Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 10:43 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
I believe most "lefties" are calling this movement as they see it,a gimmick by the neo-cons to infiltrate and hijack a very independent movement.Summers73, a libertarian and myself a progressive "lefty" would disagree on most issues but the representatives of the current Tea Party movement are those who the originators of the movement would seek to destroy.Look at the names that your supporters rally around.

John Boehner,Eric Cantor,Newt Gingrich, Bush worshipper Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin along with Rush and Glenn Beck, etc....None have every criticized the big spender Bush or opposed Big Brother Gov't(Patriot Act).If the Tea Party movement was really about purging those who have sold out America then those formally named should be heckled and shamed not applauded and cheered.

To use Palin speak the reason I cannot not take your movement seriously is because you guys are 'palling around with RINO's'.
Maybe it's just me, but the conservatives just can't see that thinking that Sarah Palin is qualified to run for President makes as much sense to me as if they wanted Paris Hilton to run. Both are highly unqualified, fame crazy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 10:58 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
The Tea Party movement (just like the Far Right Wing) will never be able to be centerists. They will never pull to the middle to attract moderates and dial down the rhetoric. Therefore there agenda will always ring of fearmongering to the majority.

Having someone as polarizing as Sarah Palin as their keynote speaker/mascot secures their place as a fringe group of disgruntled whiners.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
I saw a few seconds (can't take more than that of that horrible screeching voice) and Palin made fun of Americans' need for hope and change...obviously she doesn't believe in hope and change.

OK, now all you slavering swollen fans of Palin:

What is her stance/plans on ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? (I haven't heard it)

How would she energize the American economy and create jobs? ( I haven't heard her plans)

What is her stance on illegal immigration? (I haven't heard that).

What does she plan to do about lobbyists(ya know, the ones her DAUGHTER'S company will represent)?

I have heard her infantile criticism of Obama but NEVER a coherent plan, stance, platform....

Old 02-08-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I saw a few seconds (can't take more than that of that horrible screeching voice) and Palin made fun of Americans' need for hope and change...obviously she doesn't believe in hope and change.

What is her stance/plans on ending the war in Iraq and Afghanistan? (I haven't heard it)

How would she energize the American economy and create jobs? ( I haven't heard her plans)

What does she plan to do about lobbyists(ya know, the ones her DAUGHTER'S company will represent)?

I have heard her infantile criticism of Obama but NEVER a coherent plan, stance, platform....

LOL! Boy! Was THAT last post a thread killer!

Gee, I wonder why.....

Old 02-08-2010, 02:21 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,545 times
Quote:

We've got to reign in spending and get the pesky government out of our lives. That's all that really needs to be done. And pray a lot. See? She's got it all figured out.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:41 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
We've got to reign in spending and get the pesky government out of our lives. That's all that really needs to be done. And pray a lot. See? She's got it all figured out.
You forgot to mention the Constitution, Tort Reform, Cap and Trade and cutting taxes for the private sector oh and "Drill baby drill!"

Old 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,403,257 times
She recommended that Obama start a war to help his numbers. God help us if she ever gets elected and needs to boost her numbers for a second term!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post

That coming from a woman who quit a job governing a state that was dependent on the Government. That nut is a complete Joke. I watched her comedy hour, I especially loved the joke she flubbed concerning Obama and the Teleprompter while reading her "SPEECH" from a piece of paper. Amazing.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:

Still no Palin Love Slaves responding?

Whatsamadda?

No answers?

No "acorns"?

LOL!!!!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She's pounding obama real good.

All the cable channels are covering it AND CSpan!

No teleprompter needed.
You know what was missing from her speech?

ummm, ahhhh, duhhh, tuhhh, ehhh, errrr.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp0hU...eature=related
This speech Obama gave in Aman, Jordan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies